Too good to be true???

Has anyone gotten a fedora from a site called the movie shop? The hats look extremely SA and they are at a good price. I just think its too good to be true ya know. So if anyone has purchased one please post a review.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
That's a Christy's Adventurer, close enough for a cheapo wool hat but nothing compared to fur felt fedoras. Don't get water near that thing.

Ok so everyone says that wool felt fedoras are not weather resistant and cant't get wet. Well my wool felt DP iz amazingly water and weather resistant so i know from expierience that wool felts are worth their salt

eazybox

Not sure, but I don't even think the movie shop sells Christys anymore; they are probably just using the same factory for their own brand. If you are concerned about it, you should email them before ordering.

If you want to be certain of getting a real Christys, you should order the Adventurer from hornetshats.com It is one of the best-looking inexpensive Indy hats, but as VP stressed, it may not take well to water or steam and should be well cared for as a dress hat. At a current price of $74.00 USD, though, it's not a bad deal, and their customer service is good.

Jack