What if Harrison Ford couldnt play Indy! Who Would?

thing73vw

Who would or even could play Indiana Jones if Harrison Ford couldnt anymore. For obvious reasons the only other person i could picture playing Indy would be River Phoenix... But he's dead. What If Indy became the next Bond. And Indy 5 starred Brad Pitt!

Attila the Professor

Staff member
It would have to be somebody who interpreted the character in a different way. Naturally, the difficulty with this is that the source material for the character is "Raiders of the Lost Ark," and so Harrison Ford is really the first person to interpret the character (as opposed to a writer of novels).

FordFan

What is the big deal with Brad Pitt?

I don't know how anyone could seriously consider him for the part of Indiana Jones.

thing73vw

FordFan said:
What is the big deal with Brad Pitt?

Topic Review (Newest First)
FordFan:
I don't know how anyone could seriously consider him for the part of Indiana Jones.
You read into my post to much. I mearly meant that as an example.

Attila the Professor:
Look at James Bond 007. Those movies will go on and on and on... I always thought it would be cool if this would happen with Indiana Jones. Just so long as Joel schumaker doesnt ever direct, and they never cast Val Kilmer and/or George Clooney as Indy. :)

Attila the Professor

Staff member
thing73vw said:

Attila the Professor:
Look at James Bond 007. Those movies will go on and on and on... I always thought it would be cool if this would happen with Indiana Jones. Just so long as Joel schumaker doesnt ever direct, and they never cast Val Kilmer and/or George Clooney as Indy. :)

Certainly, but the Bond films come from a book series, and so were originally interpreted by Ian Fleming. However, the Indiana Jones character comes from the creative team of Raiders of the Lost Ark, namely Lucas, Spielberg, and Ford - these men are filmmakers, not novelists.

I'm open to the idea of another man portraying Indiana Jones, I just think that there are certain difficulties brought to that idea through the source of the character, and also the necessity for a different interpretation of said character.

Welcome to the Raven, by the way.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Brad Pitt has the talent to bring a unique vision to Indy. I would entertain the trailers for a BP film, before passing judgement.

Finn

Staff member
You know, I bet there're plenty of guys in this board who would do it for free. ;)

FAN

No offense but I probably wouldn't watch it if anyone but
Harrison Ford plaed Indy. In my mind Harrison Ford is the only Indiana Jones there is. FAN and JC

P.S. But I would play the son of Indy. FAN and JC

[Edited by FAN on 08-14-2003 at 09:28 am]

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Finn said:
You know, I bet there're plenty of guys in this board who would do it for free. ;)
No they would have to pay me for my superior talent.;)

Brad Pitt...hmmm, perhaps for some prequel films he would be a good choice.

FAN

You forgot your glamorous look's Aaron H. FAN and JC

P.S. Ford, Ford, he's our man, if he can't do Indy no one can.

bob

For me Harrison IS Indy and for at least the foreseeable future that cannot be taken away from him, the comparision with Bond is invalid as there is always a source text to return to, i.e. the films only offer an interpretation of the character - this just does not happen for Indy as everything comes from the performance of Harrision.

Yes another actor could be cast but i doubt it would be a genuine re interpretation of the character and rather an actor doing their best Harrison Ford imitation which makes it a bit pointless.

FAN

Ford has already said nobody but him is going to play Indy so I don't think we have to worry about that. FAN and JC

Randy_Flagg

Definitely David Hasselhoff or Richard Dean Anderson, since they both have experience in 80s action/adventure stuff!! (j/k)

raydelark

Okay, okay...

...I guess I'll do it for free (deeep sigh). Afterall, humbleness aside, heh I probably outrank all others and there is something very powerful about bringing in an unknown (temporarily unknown, that is :). Someone has to eventually replace Harry (as great as he is now) because I just don't think he'll be able to to it forever, and Indy should be portrayed forever. Ha! so why not get started now? Feed me my lines, I'll do my own stunts! I'm ready. I was born for it :) Of course, feel quite free to doubt me all you want, but I'm not drunk at the moment ;)