How much of the Saucer Men script will survive in Indy IV?

Pale Horse

Staff member
As a student of Medieval Literature, (among coutless other studies) You, bob, were off just a hair (in spelling). The spelling is Sir Thomas Malory and the work was Morte d' Arthur in 1470.

Pale Horse

Staff member
uh, no.

Last I remember, atomic destruction is pretty complete. How would you explain the pristine nature of the remaining artifacts?

Most of the time Ren, your pretty square, but as 00Kevin would say:

Are you Drunk?

Randy_Flagg

Not sure about the atom bomb thing, but Ren's comment got me thinking... (never a good thing...)

There's much speculation about why the Mayans built pyramids much like the Egyptians. Obviously there are some noticeable differences in the structures, but considering how far apart the two cultures were, it's odd that they both thought to build pyramids for such purposes. Some people believe Atlantians made this possible. According to the correct translation of Plato's dialogue, Atlantis is located "Beyond the pillars of Hercules," (the Strait of Gibraltar). This would put it out in the Atlantic (since it was written by someone in Greece-- or Egypt, if we understand that Plato was quoting Solon.) Either way, it would NOT be in the Mediterranean as people often think. So some people think Atlantis acted as a kind of liaison between the east and west, allowing ideas to transfer from culture to culture.

What does all of this have to do with anything? Beats me. I guess they could tie it in to Indy4 somehow if they want. Anyway, it's now past midnight and I have to go to work tomorrow, so with that half-developed thought, I'm going to bed.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Which came first

This is probably laziness on my part, but wern't the Mayans before the Egyptians?

Adventurer

I haven't read the "Saucer" Script, but wasn't there a scene towards the end where most of the supporting actors come togehter? Was it at Indy's marriage or something? We know for sure that Kate Kapshaw is reprising her role. Karen Allen is, of course, a rumor. But maybe this element was already adopted.

I hope it wasn't and i also hope that it will never be.

Randy_Flagg

Yes, at the end of the Saucermen script, Indy gets married. Willie and Marian are both at the wedding. And when Indy gets into the car waiting outside the church, guess who's at the wheel-- "Step on it Shorty!" "Okey-dokey, Dr. Jones." A very, very bad idea all around.