Indy=Ody in IJ4

intergamer

There's a thread on the general table about Indy=Ody.

Well, when you think about it, an "Odyssey" storyline might be cool for IJ4...the themes fit perfectly...again, I'm not going through all the parallels between Ody and Indy. But IJ would run/sail all around the Mediterranean, lots of other elements of Ody could be brought in: like the Laertes/Ody/Telemakhos deal could be Henry/Indy/Indy's son? Or short round instead of Indy's son. Or something.

EDIT: 200 posts w00t

00Kevin

Indyfan
uhh, if you want to do a fan fic, sounds good, btu not for indy 4, that would be a HUGE rip-off, not origonal at all, I wouldn't like it.

00Kevin

Indyfan
I dunno, for indy 4, I'ld rather not, for a comic or book or something, yeah, that would be cool. It's just that, that's not the kind of thing for an indy film. that's the kind of thing that you would do for west side story......if you do it for jones in a comic, that's cool, they are currently doing some star wars comics, the movies, but the stories have been changed so the story is different, okay that's not exactly what we're talking about, but It's just to say that those kind of projects are not a good Idea for an ongoing series, unless they have done it everytime, which they have not. (wow, that was quite a run on sentence)

to be frank, even though my name is Kevin (00Kevin at that ;)), it's the kind of thing that I can see a made for TV movie do...and BOMB miserably

Joe Brody

intergamer said:
i'm not saying to copy the odyssey, just that different elements might do well incorporated in an indy plot

. . . don't you think that 'Oh Brother Where Art Thou' is still a little fresh in everyone's minds?

Pale Horse

Staff member
36 plots

Something to think about , Oh knowledgeable Brody. There are only 36 available plot lines* for a writer to take. Even less are actually recycled over and over again. How each one is presented is up to the creative aspects of the writer. Just look at Romeo and Juliet/West Side Story; Emma/Clueless to name a few reinventions that might go unnoticed. Even the Odyseey/Brother can be redone (again).

* http://www.theraider.net/theraven/showthread.php?threadid=4655

Joe Brody

I hear you apalehorse, there are only so many stories to tell. I wasn't clear in my prior post. I wasn't talking big picture concepts (long quest to find home) in my prior post, but rather more granular details of the sort that surfaced in OBWAT (sirens, cyclops, etc.).

I'd be into a dispossessed wandering IJ story.