Fantastic Four

indyclone25

do you think thats a good thing? i think if they do it just continue the adventures of the fantastic four , don't redo the accident that made them . just we see them in the begining doing battle with a villian who gets away and then continue chasing the villian through out the film . if they get different actors we will know who is who just by their powers , no need to go into all their powers ---we know their powers already. make it gritty and fierce. i think that would work ,

I'm with you, gritty and fierce! We don't need super villains...Dr Doom is one thing, (lets hope they get casting right this time too), but there's enough technological threats and everyday hazzards that can be mined for material...emotional AND physical.

Batman had his Tim Burton PG kid accessible moments and now he's got his PG-13 thematic gloom and weight!

Hope they're taking The Nolan lead...:hat:

DocWhiskey

The Fantastic Four were always dumb in my opinion. The nerd's nerds would read Fantastic Four comics. I tried to get into them in the late 90's, but I just couldn't.

That aside, I actually didn't hate the movies like many did. I had extremely low expectations and what we got was campy yet entertaining films. Though Doom was pretty much ruined.

I really don't care if I see them on the big screen ever again really. Besides Doom their villains are all pretty lame. Who's next, Moleman? Ugh. They're not dark and gritty, so I wouldn't want to see them like that. I just say instead of rebooting, do something else.

Forbidden Eye

Rocket Surgeon said:
I'm with you, gritty and fierce! We don't need super villains...Dr Doom is one thing, (lets hope they get casting right this time too), but there's enough technological threats and everyday hazzards that can be mined for material...emotional AND physical.

Batman had his Tim Burton PG kid accessible moments and now he's got his PG-13 thematic gloom and weight!

Hope they're taking The Nolan lead...:hat:

The problem with that is Batman has always had a darker subtext and atmosphere in the comics. Fantastic Four was always campy and light-hearted. It'd be like making Superman dark; it just doesn't work.

Granted the movies weren't that good. The Incredibles is basically the ideal Fantastic Four movie as I see it.

indyclone25

here is what variety said____Variety reports that 20th Century Fox has begun overhauling the "Fantastic Four" movie franchise to take the Marvel property beyond the two films already made.

Akiva Goldsman has been hired to oversee the reboot as producer. Michael Green, the co-exec producer of TV's "Heroes" who co-wrote Green Lantern, will write the script for the new Fantastic Four film.

The 2005 Fantastic Four and 2007 sequel "Rise of the Silver Surfer" were directed by Tim Story and starred Ioan Gruffudd, Jessica Alba, Chris Evans and Michael Chiklis. Since the deals for the reboot are just getting made, it is unclear if any of them will return.

Fox controls the "Fantastic Four" movie franchise in perpetuity -- as long as it continues making the films. Marvel is a producer and financial participant through a licensing agreement.

jamesdude

Forbidden Eye said:
It'd be like making Superman dark; it just doesn't work.

(w/brittish accent) I beg your pardon.......

supermandoomsday1.jpg

Superman: Doomsday was dark, and it was still good.

RedeemedChild

The first two movie's Fantastic Four and FF4: Rise of the Silver Surfer were great and I'd love them. No need to go dark and all that nonsense.

Stoo

jamesdude said:
Unreleased movie -1993
FF 1 - 2004
FF Rise of the Silver Surfer -2007
The 1993 film became a direct-to-VHS release. I rented it one night and it wasn't very good...(Where did you get the idea that is was unreleased?):confused:

Redeemed Child said:
No need to go dark and all that nonsense.
Wouldn't it be sweet if Ben Grimm had an encounter with Jesus? Make it family friendly and whatnot...That would be AWESOME!:p

jamesdude

Stoo said:
The 1993 film became a direct-to-VHS release. I rented it one night and it wasn't very good...(Where did you get the idea that is was unreleased?):confused:

Wouldn't it be sweet if Ben Grimm had an encounter with Jesus? Make it family friendly and whatnot...That would be AWESOME!:p

Alot of sources claimed that the film was never released. so its not really my fault when sayin that.

RedeemedChild

Stoo said:

That is so irreverent and disrespectful. Time to go to confession and do penance for your sins.

The Drifter

RedeemedChild said:
That is so irreverent and disrespectful. Time to go to confession and do penance for your sins.

Can we please stop with all of these religion-based posts popping up in every thread?
This does nothing but start arguments. I am getting tired of seeing flames and arguments in every thread I read.

RedeemedChild

Lonsome_Drifter said:
Can we please stop with all of these religion-based posts popping up in every thread?
This does nothing but start arguments. I am getting tired of seeing flames and arguments in every thread I read.

Yes. Indeed. You've got a serious point there. It's frightening.

Hans

to tell you guys the truth i am big marvel fan but f4 was really bad in my opinion and would like to see a new one but with a better screenplay:cool:

Bjorn Heimdall

I quite like the FF films, it seemed like there was no real need for another marvel film where the characters had to fight inner turmoil as much as baddies. They are extremely far from perfect though, the casting for dr. Doom was downright bad and Jessica Alba just isn't Susan Storm... although she is better in part 2. Ioan Gruffod is a bit miscast as Reed Richards but I just love him as an actor so I like him in the part. The rest of the four are great, though.
I think the FF films are nice alternatives to Spider-Man and X-Men, although the latter are superior films.

RedeemedChild

Bjorn Heimdall said:
I quite like the FF films, it seemed like there was no real need for another marvel film where the characters had to fight inner turmoil as much as baddies. They are extremely far from perfect though, the casting for dr. Doom was downright bad and Jessica Alba just isn't Susan Storm... although she is better in part 2. Ioan Gruffod is a bit miscast as Reed Richards but I just love him as an actor so I like him in the part. The rest of the four are great, though.
I think the FF films are nice alternatives to Spider-Man and X-Men, although the latter are superior films.

Thanks my man. The Fantastic 4 movies were fantastic in my whirl as well.

Stoo said:

I can see The Terminator going there, but how whould you swing it with the Fantastic 4?!?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qnq7N6X4x84&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qnq7N6X4x84&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>​