Publicity Photo's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robyn

Is it just me or does it seem like there were hardly no publicity photos taken for any of the Indy's? It just seems like a few snaps were taken on breaks but hardly no professional poses...

Dr Bones

Robyn said:
Is it just me or does it seem like there were hardly no publicity photos taken for any of the Indy's? It just seems like a few snaps were taken on breaks but hardly no professional poses...

There were plenty for KOTCS. The earlier films were made in a time were publicity photos for such as Empire covers etc were not really as big a thing as today.

Robyn

ResidentAlien said:
Gah!

My head is spinning. Misplaced apostrophes and double negatives galore!

Haven't you any respect for the language?

Man.. you can't even cut me some slack on typos?! :p

Run along RA! Your Mama's callin' you!

51.jpg

Dr Bones said:
There were plenty for KOTCS. The earlier films were made in a time were publicity photos for such as Empire covers etc were not really as big a thing as today.

Well, the reason I ask is because I'm finding so many publicity shots for the movie "Romancing The Stone", it just made me disappointed that there wasn't more for Raiders..

Robyn said:
Man.. you can't even cut me some slack on typos?!

If you can't even make an attempt at comprehensibility why should anyone care to hear what you have to say? The ability to communicate is a beautiful gift, please learn to appreciate it.

Besides, typos is short for "typographical errors," which these are not. This isn't simple mistakes we're talking about, but blatant disregard for and flagrant ignorance of grammatical structure.

Robyn

ResidentAlien said:
If you can't even make an attempt at comprehensibility why should anyone care to hear what you have to say? The ability to communicate is a beautiful gift, please learn to appreciate it.

Besides, typos is short for "typographical errors," which these are not. This isn't simple mistakes we're talking about, but blatant disregard for and flagrant ignorance of grammatical structure.

Do you really have to make a such a big deal out of this? So I didn't proof read my post, fine give me a break... Take a chill pill and stop being so nasty to me all the time.

Robyn said:
Do you really have to make a such a big deal out of this? So I didn't proof read my post, fine give me a break... Take a chill pill and stop being so nasty to me all the time.

This is what little boys do when they like girls...

If he didn't like you he wouldn't read your threads.;)

Robyn

Rocket Surgeon said:
This is what little boys do when they like girls...

If he didn't like you he wouldn't read your threads.;)

If that's the case he must truly love everyone on this board! ;)

jamesdude said:
What do you expect its a forum. People will ***** and whine about anything.

It's exactly that mentality that makes this generation the very dumbest.

You, sir, are a shining example of the degradation of intelligent discourse. Bravo!

Do you know what forum means? Do you know the origin of the word?

Forum was once a place for intellectual discussion where language was valued. Now the term has evolved (devolved?) to denote a place where idiots such as yourself can gather in mass to harp on the minority of those that see the value in education.

A perfect shame.

jamesdude

ResidentAlien said:

You, sir, are a shining example of the degradation of intelligent discourse. Bravo!

Forum was once a place for intellectual discussion where language was valued. Now the term has evolved (devolved?) to denote a place where idiots such as yourself can gather in mass to harp on the minority of those that see the value in education.

A perfect shame.

Hey no one told you start getting on someones case for typos. Not everyone in the world is perfect at typing.

Besides I wasnt even targeting your sorry ass, I was stating my own opinion because of experience. Watch who you are calling an idiot.

jamesdude said:
Hey no one told you start getting on someones case for typos. Not everyone in the world is perfect at typing.

Besides I wasnt even targeting your sorry ass, I was stating my own opinion because of experience. Watch who you are calling an idiot.

Oh my! I am shaking, really truly!

Go to bed, kid. It's late.

And when you wake up, what say you don't turn the computer back on? There are quite a few books out there about the English language that you'd do well to read.

Of course it's not about typos, but you aren't sharp enough to understand that.

For shame.

jamesdude

ResidentAlien said:
Oh my! I am shaking, really truly!

Go to bed, kid. It's late.

And when you wake up, what say you don't turn the computer back on? There are quite a few books out there about the English language that you'd do well to read.

Of course it's not about typos, but you aren't sharp enough to understand that.

For shame.

1. Im a college student, starting my 2nd year and I was in Honor Roll for reading and writing.

2. Who the the hell do you think you are anyway, you think you're better than everyone else on the forum? You think degrading people will make you better? Seriously dude its people like you that make good forums like this go bad.

jamesdude said:
1. Im a college student, starting my 2nd year and I was in Honor Roll for reading and writing.

2. Who the the hell do you think you are anyway, you think you're better than everyone else on the forum? You think degrading people will make you better? Seriously dude its people like you that make good forums like this go bad.

Cool! I have a few honor mentions under my belt as well.

Difference is, I don't think it appropriate to forsake heritage because "it's the internet" as has become the common dictum.

Don't tear down your monuments.

jamesdude

Im through fighting with you. Ive already reported this to Finn and reported the way you acted with the orginal thread starter's typos. Like I said many times before, nobody is a pefect typer.

Good day sir.

By the way, I have you on my ignore list. So dont even bother fighting with me some more.

jamesdude

By the way I just looked through ResidentAlien's post archives. Apparently he's degraded and insulted alot of users for quite some time now.

DocWhiskey

ResidentAlien said:

A perfect shame.

That's why I thank the Lord every night that we have such pioneers like ResidentAlien on this board.

He's the sole reason we're not all running around in nothing but fedoras whacking each other with clubs and defecating on each other.

His posts bring such devout enlightenment, that I find myself shaking as I read them.

We should all print out his posts and bind them into some sort of book and sell them in stores and street corners across America. This way the world will know and benefit from his teachings.

He's one of the most wise and noble men of all time. Posting for quite some time on the Crystal Skull section ( a film he clearly dislikes yet still posts there over a year later, and all who like KOTCS are not worthy for even breathing the same air as this Cadillac of men) takes true bravery.

I've never had the prestige of seeing this poet of our generation, but I can only imagine him sitting on a throne of pure gold, an olive robe drapes over his toned physique, his chiseled good looks covered by a distinguished beard and long flowing hair, a scepter of diamonds in one hand, a cornish game hen in the other. He ponders the Indiana Jones message boards with lethal cunning. Not needing to type, I imagine instead he uses telepathic brain waves accompanied by 7 beautiful nude women at his side.

I'm sure just looking in the general direction and even catching a fleeting glimpse of The ResidentAlien would turn my hair white, make my eyes blind, and have me speaking in tongues.

You all should be happy he even graced us with his presence today. If The ResidentAlien happened to ever post a reply in a thread of mine I would squeal with renounced joy. I would print out the response and frame it on my wall. And when people asked why it's there, I would slap them and tell them The ResidentAlien could hear them and he may think less of me because of that.

He is simply a god among men that no one can ever measure up to.

That....

Or a sexually frustrated 20 year old virgin who takes out his infantile frustrations by smack talking behind a computer monitor.

But, I really think the first one suffices well enough and I doubt theres truth to my 2nd conclusion.

I will be sitting patiently in front of my computer screen constantly refreshing The Raven to see if this king of kings posts again so I may have the pleasure of reading yet another message of the century.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.