What Happens When Harrison Ford Dies?

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
this question makes me think of the classic William Shatner SNL line;

"GET A LIFE"!

Come on Indyfans... its just a movie, and here's not wishing ill to Mr. Ford or anyone else on this planet (except maybe the 9/11 terrorist and planners) .. but as Sallah said "Life goes on"...

Pale Horse

Staff member
Response to the Titular Question:

I make a tongue in cheek remark about how stimulating adventurers always windup in the sewers, and roundshort chastises me.

Millions

Hey - the Grave-mation idea isn't so crazy. Even as far back as Gladiator - when Oliver Reed died halfway through filming, they just used a computer to finish off his scenes. That must be about 10 years ago - think what the technology could do now.

So if Harrison was to have a heart attack or a stroke due to the exertion of the stunt-work in Indy V, it wouldn't really be that much of a problem - on a practical level, at least. On an ethical level, tho......

I think if Harrison Ford were to die i think that they should stop with him and start up with Mutt because no one can replace him nor a CGI. Harrison is the BEST. And i don't want him to die either.

indybannerscannes.jpg

jamesdude

You guys have heard of Rotoscoping and CGI right? They've done that with John Wayne, James Cagney and Bogart. They could do the same with harrison.

Examples of what im talking about:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0n37sIsDEoo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0n37sIsDEoo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iwdcsPqS1x0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iwdcsPqS1x0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

jamesdude said:
You guys have heard of Rotoscoping and CGI right? They've done that with John Wayne, James Cagney and Bogart. They could do the same with harrison.

Yeah for a commercial that's fine but you'd have to rely on existing footage...you think people didn't like Crystal Skull!

jamesdude

JuniorJones said:
If Ford dies it would give Hollywood the opportunity to use the new Gravemation technique.

They simply dig up Ford, insert a wireframe endoskeleton into his corpsed body and animate him frame by frame for Indy V.

Hey, Presto! Everyone's a winner!:D

On the 20th day of filming Indy V......

Steven Speilberg: "Whoa Harrison, you're starting to smell very bad...YOU WREAK-A!"

(Harrison's jaw falls off)

Lucas: ew.....

Stoo

JuniorJones said:
They simply dig up Ford, insert a wireframe endoskeleton into his corpsed body and animate him frame by frame for Indy V.
YIKES!:eek: They could use the waxwork from Madame Tussaud's instead (but it'd probably melt under the lights).

IndyTussaud_06.jpg

Rocket Surgeon said:
If I'm not mistaken, and Stoo correct me if I'm wrong but Lucasfilm employed GRAVEMOTION TM ,(nice one), in Crystal Skull...they've been using it for years!;)
There was recent film with Hitler where a high-res texture of his face was made from existing photographs and mapped onto the head of an actor. Can't remember the title of the movie but that would be the way to go...:p
Mitchell Hallock said:
this question makes me think of the classic William Shatner SNL line;

"GET A LIFE"!

Come on Indyfans... its just a movie, and here's not wishing ill to Mr. Ford or anyone else on this planet (except maybe the 9/11 terrorist and planners) .. but as Sallah said "Life goes on"...
Ha ha! Seriously. (I have that "Saturday Night Live" skit. It's HYSTERICAL!:D If Harrison dies, he dies. What is the point in worrying about now?
jamesdude said:
You guys have heard of Rotoscoping and CGI right?
I've always liked that Diet Coke commmercial (and even have my own copy) but that is NOT rotoscoping. BTW, you forgot to mention Louis Armstrong.:p

Millions

jamesdude said:
On the 20th day of filming Indy V......

Steven Speilberg: "Whoa Harrison, you're starting to smell very bad...YOU WREAK-A!"

(Harrison's jaw falls off)

Lucas: ew.....

Hey, Jamesdude - nice one! People on the internet use 'LOL' too much, but I actually did **** myself laughing at that one!

If Harrison Ford can finish this next Indy film, he should retire from acting in films because it is taking his life forces from him, and then enjoy his life while he can. Everybody has to quite at some point. If we all care about him i say stop acting Harrison Ford. Acting is a lot of work as well.

Meerkat

NO. Do not even MENTION this to me. I know he's a mortal human, blah blah blah, but I just don't want to think about it until it happens, okay?

DocWhiskey

Meerkat said:
NO. Do not even MENTION this to me. I know he's a mortal human, blah blah blah, but I just don't want to think about it until it happens, okay?

Yet you totally clicked and here you are.

I don't know this is all starting to sound familiar...

DocWhiskey said:
Yet you totally clicked and here you are.
- I'm aware of that.

Why would you do something
you know is not good for you?

Because I don't think about it.
- That's living in denial.

Living in denial?
- Yeah.

I'm aware of that.
- So you're aware of all your behavior.

Yet you do things not good for you.
Don't you think that sounds foolish?

No. Stealing $ million
from Jimmy Serrano sounds foolish.

I didn't think I'd get caught.
- Now, that's livin' in denial.

I'm aware of that.
- So you're aware of your behavior.

Yet you continue to do things
that aren't good for you.

Sounds foolish to me. Don't you think?
- It was foolish.

James Byrne

When Harrison Ford dies Charlton Heston will be stood at the gates of heaven alongside St. Peter, and will bellow at Ford
"Ok you little pipsqueak upstart ... lets sort this Who is the real Indy Jones? business, right here and now!"
Ford replies "Let it go Chuck, we're done with all that now"
Heston, now enraged, "Damn you, Ford, damn you to the fires of hell!"
wherin St. Peter intervenes "Steady chaps, we don't want talk of THAT place up here you know!"

Meerkat said:
I agree with Meerkat, why would you want to talk about somebodys death and there still alive? Enjoy what he is doing now, then when he dies then talk about what will happen at that point but not now. He will be a legand when he dies and thats all there is to that my friends, he can never be replaced.

indyclone25

well i hope that nothing goes wrong in his life , many people reach high age levels even into their nineties, i mean he could die many other ways plane crash , car accident , but i think he will be fine ------ if he were to die the films would end , in my opinion there is only one indiana jones and mr. ford is him