Voltron is ALIVE

RedeemedChild

Well both Voltron movie and corresponding movie are extremely well underway in production as is made clear by these images and more at the following link. My only worry is will they retain the magical feeling surrounding the original show?

voltron-force-concept-art-06-398x600.jpg

voltron-force-storyboard-image-02.jpg

http://collider.com/voltron-force-images-storyboards/81849/

Agent Crab

Did you know Voltron was GOLION in Japan?

There was a Voltron reboot back in the 90's. I dunno how well it did. I never caught it. I only watched the Voltron Reruns that ran on the USA Network back in the early 90's.

RedeemedChild

Yes, I saw Go-Lion on crunchyroll.com but I didn't know about the reboot from the early 90's. What was the name of the reboot Agent Crab?

Captain Craig

Agent Crab said:
There was a Voltron reboot back in the 90's. I dunno how well it did.
Voltron: The Third Dimension. At the time it utilized the 3-D computer animation style that had some popularity with shows like Reboot and Transformers Beast Wars. Voltron:3-D as it's sometimes written went for two seasons I believe. During the show the character morphed twice due to the nature of the unusual space it was occupying. My memory if fuzzy on the explanation but the lions took on a "stealth" look where they became nearly all black except for colored highlights that indicated which lion was which.
Then Voltron passed through a dimensional portal that caused the "magic" in the lions to be altered. Now instead of lions they looked like dragons. This was the second season an likely what killed it. The toy though is considered rare cause not many made it to retail.

I'm stoked for this new show on Nicktoons tough. There is also a new Thundercats gang, fyi, just in case you didn't know.

Goodeknight

I just started watching the original Volton on Netflix streaming with my son. They have the pilot episodes, when the crew first re-discovers the legendary Voltron. Cool stuff.

Also been watching Young Indy on Netflix streaming, which I found out about here at the Raven.

RedeemedChild

Captain Craig said:
Voltron: The Third Dimension. At the time it utilized the 3-D computer animation style that had some popularity with shows like Reboot and Transformers Beast Wars. Voltron:3-D as it's sometimes written went for two seasons I believe. During the show the character morphed twice due to the nature of the unusual space it was occupying. My memory if fuzzy on the explanation but the lions took on a "stealth" look where they became nearly all black except for colored highlights that indicated which lion was which.
Then Voltron passed through a dimensional portal that caused the "magic" in the lions to be altered. Now instead of lions they looked like dragons. This was the second season an likely what killed it. The toy though is considered rare cause not many made it to retail.

I'm stoked for this new show on Nicktoons tough. There is also a new Thundercats gang, fyi, just in case you didn't know.

Voltron Lions going all Dragon? Seriously...Dragons? That is so very much an epic fail in every sense of the word.

Yes, I'm excited about that new ThunderCats!

Captain Craig

^^^^
Due to the fact it seems I've introduced something new judging by your exasperation alllow me to continue.

Did some extra digging found the pics for you.

Stealth Voltron
Voltron3-DimStealth.jpg

Here is the one I forgot, the Dinosaur Voltron dubbed Voltrex:
Voltrex-DinoVoltron.jpg

VoltrexVoltron2.jpg

And then the Dragon Voltron dubbed Dracotron:
Dracotron-DragonVoltron.jpg

While digging around my Voltron sites it seems that Lion Voltron turned into Stealth after the lions were damaged in an unusual area of space containing dark matter. Then again was transformed into Voltrex, the dinosaur Voltron after crossing a dimensional barrier. There they encountered at the end of season two Dracotron. There never was a third season to A)return the team back into lions or B)explain Dracotron, was it good or bad?

Personally after Voltrex and Dracotron it makes Voltron II aka Gladiator Voltron a bit more easy to love!!

Hope the Voltron fans here enjoyed the pics and explanation as best as my memory/research could allow.

RedeemedChild

Thanks Captain Craig. That was very informative. I really do enjoy all things Voltron related. I've gotta say I don't understand how I could have missed this Voltron show. Did it air on Nickelodeon or Cartoon Network?