Grand Theft Auto

HovitosKing

The Drifter said:
Meh, I'm growing tired of Grand Theft Auto. I'd much rather see a sequel to Red Dead Redemption.

I'm sure there's room enough in this world for both sequels to exist. Jesus, if you don't want another GTA don't buy it. Simple. If Rockstar didn't have the GTA outlet, you'd probably end up seeing a RDR sequel with all the gratuitous sex, violence, and peyote of a 70's grindhouse flick. Point is, different strokes for different folks. These games aren't mutually exclusive.

DiscoLad

Where's the fun GTA I used to know? :(

Six feet under in San Andreas...
Well at least BOGT was decent.

JP Jones

DiscoLad said:
Where's the fun GTA I used to know? :(

Six feet under in San Andreas...
Well at least BOGT was decent.
Why not wait until the game comes out to judge how fun it is?;)

I have a very very strong suspicion that Rockstar will be returning to a much more "fun" experience.:D

HovitosKing

Hope so, I agree with Disco GTAIV was great, but way more serious than it should have been. I want GTA pushing the envelope again, getting slammed by the media for glamorizing (rather than simply portraying) sex, drugs and deadly mayhem!!

Dr.Jonesy

I was moderately whelmed by the trailer. I know, I'm in the minority, here.

But after such a long wait, we get another game with beach vibes and Cali/Florida aesthetics? And another city we've been to before? I really would've loved to see a more fresh/original setting for the series, for once.

T06J00

I was moderately whelmed by the trailer. I know, I'm in the minority, here.

But after such a long wait, we get another game with beach vibes and Cali/Florida aesthetics? And another city we've been to before? I really would've loved to see a more fresh/original setting for the series, for once.
I kind of agree, it reminds me of one of those "GTA V with 8K graphics" videos. I mean, I'm sure whatever comes will be an objectively good game but it's disappointing (especially given the quality of RockStar games) they're sticking to a similar city.

Dr.Jonesy

I kind of agree, it reminds me of one of those "GTA V with 8K graphics" videos. I mean, I'm sure whatever comes will be an objectively good game but it's disappointing (especially given the quality of RockStar games) they're sticking to a similar city.
You've nailed it, for me. I'll definitely play the crap out of it. But I do wish it was something a bit more fresh after what will have been a 12 year wait.