Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures (General thread - NO hint requests)

fixer79

Oops... Let's do that again...

aaaand cue...

"I've got just the game for you..."

greatestadv_cover.jpg

badam-tsh!
;)

Perhilion

QBComics said:
Do my eyes decive me!??
lijoaboxshotang.jpg

http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/Games/Pages/legoindianajonesoa.aspx

If you go to this site you will also find find 2 new pics from the Edge magazine!!
from what I can make out I can see Indy, Short Round, Marion , the Boulder in the background and Indy on the bridge in the Upper Right hand corner. I also spy a train next to Short Round and a plane under the LEGO part.
I don't really like that cover. It's too "kiddy", if it's possible for Legos to be more "kiddy" than usual. Compare it to the Star Wars covers. I like the new screenshots, but I'm a bit bummed that we're getting that sad Lego Ark from the Lost Tomb set instead of a better one.

adventure_al

obviously i cant wait for indy 4. i figured they'd release a game for next-gen consoles to coincide (i only recently just have the internet so i was oblivious to any information on future releases) but...

as much as i love lego and indiana jones im so disapointed.

theyve obviously put alot of work into how the game aesthetically but why intentionally make something look square and clunky; its just horrible.

being lego its primarily going to be aimed at the younger gamer, surelly they'd reach a bigger market with another 'emperors tomb' style game. a more accurate portral.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
They are going to do such, with top-of-the-line technology. This - this is endearing, charming, and going over the material from the films in the only way you really could today, I feel, because to actually make a realistic game following the plots of the trilogy would not actually give that much game play without wildly expanding it. Which, I mean, is an option, but it's somehow less the films at that point.

Ska

Not really any "new" news, but...

From ign.com...a little article from GDC '08 (Game Developers' Conference):

GDC 2008: LEGO Indiana Jones Preview
Doctor Jones!
by Ryan Geddes

February 21, 2008 - Traveller's Tales has made quite a name for itself by taking blockbuster pop culture properties and translating them into everyone's favorite Danish building blocks. Today at LucasArts' compound in San Francisco's Presidio, we took our first look at TT's latest foray into Legoland -- LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures.

If you've played TT's LEGO Star Wars series, you'll be instantly familiar with a lot of what LEGO Indy has to offer. You'll start out in a hub world -- Barnett College -- from which you'll be able to embark on the well-known adventures recounted in the first three films: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

Like the LEGO Star Wars series, LEGO Indy gives you an adventure game based on the feature films, interspersed with cutscenes that stick fairly faithfully to the script while deviating in a cheeky, humorous way. Starting with the first chapter in the film series, Raiders of the Lost Ark, you'll control Indy and friends through a jungle setting, including the famous idol scene, and beyond.

In the gameplay demo we saw, Indy used his trademark whip to break open objects, uproot foliage and bust into secret areas, out of which flowed the LEGO series' familiar silver and gold coins. Indy can also use his whip to pull on levers for puzzle solving and for attacking enemies. In addition to his trusty whip, Indy will also have use of his revolver.

In the demo, Indy was joined by the trusty Satipo, whose special ability (all the playable characters have one) was digging up items necessary for moving forward in the game and assembling them. In the LEGO Star Wars series, certain characters could use the Force to construct similar items (bridges, ladders, etc.). There's no Force in the Indy universe, so any construction will need to be done by hand. And instead of collecting kits, as in LEGO Star Wars, you'll be collecting artifacts in LEGO Indy.

LucasArts said that, in addition to Indy and Satipo, you'll be able to play as Indy's dad, played by Sean Connery in The Last Crusade, the lovable Short Round and many more.

Cooperative play is a huge part of LEGO Indy, even in the single-player mode, as the level we saw had Indy and computer-controlled Satipo working in tandem to solve puzzles and open doors. Online and offline co-op multiplayer will also return, but only for two players (no four-player co-op as rumored).

LucasArts wasn't ready to allow the unwashed masses to play LEGO Indy yet, but from what we saw you'll be able to interact more with the environment than in previous LEGO games. We saw Indy mow down more plants than his counterparts in the Star Wars titles, and he also has the ability to pick up objects and move them around the game world.

Although it's no graphical tour de force, like all TT's LEGO games, LEGO Indy looks glossy and pretty and appeared to run well on the Xbox 360 it was being demoed on.

Look for the completed game to release in June to coincide with the release of LucasArts' new film Indiana Jones and the Kindom of the Crystal Skull.

Travis85

Notice it is subtitled 'the original adventures' maybe that means there will be a future released with Kingdom of the Crystal Skull on it :).

Michael24

That box art and Mola Ram is great! I can't wait for this. I loved Lego Star Wars II and said at the time, "They should make an Indy Lego game." I'm very excited for this. I don't get excited with many of today's games, but I'm totally jazzed for this one.

Travis85 said:
Notice it is subtitled 'the original adventures' maybe that means there will be a future released with Kingdom of the Crystal Skull on it :).

That would be cool. Though I wonder if they would still do a Lego version of Crystal Skull since there wouldn't be anymore adventures to pack it with. Unless they made up some new ones or maybe did a Lego version of Fate of Atlantis?

xVendetta17x

People have to keep in mind that the game is meant for kids
That's why it's lego
We have to stop looking at it as if it's meant for an older audience