Ultimate "on foot"-chase-scene-idea for Indy 5

tocksic

Just watch the following clip and then imagine how cool it would be if there was no safety-line, no tourists - only battered Indy running up this treacherous path escaping from his followers or maybe a 1960 helicopter from which he is shot at. He could slip at some point and almost fall to his death, but then barely safe himself by attaching his whip to a rail of the heli, then climbing up, beating the hell out of the baddies, pushing them outside (good ol' wilhelm-scream) and escaping with the heli. (y)

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZmDhRvvs5Xw&hl=de&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZmDhRvvs5Xw&hl=de&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Last edited:

NickTurner

:eek:! :eek:! :eek: !

Holy !@#$%UIOP_)*(&

They let you go up this thing?? Tourists?????? I got vertigo just watching it.

It has a spooky 'Myst' feel to it for sure. Dunno how you'd film there safely though...

(Dang!. Those rusty rails! Those holes! That crumbling concrete!)

Did you go up this thing yourself?

tocksic

NickTurner said:
Did you go up this thing yourself?

No, never been there. It's not my video. ;) Officially this path is off limits because it's too dangerous. (It's over 100 years old.) In 2000 4 people died there and the only way to get there is by walking through a train-tunnel. The guy that shot the video and the people that can be seen in it went there illegally.

But it seems the spanish geovernment is going to restore the thing. Maybe sometime I'll go there. Looks like pure adventure! :)

DocWhiskey

I've seen that video 2 or 3 times and I always get the chills. It's scary just watching it. I'd love to see that used in the chase sequence.

Dewy9

DocWhiskey said:
I've seen that video 2 or 3 times and I always get the chills. It's scary just watching it. I'd love to see that used in the chase sequence.

Isn't it though!? My palms starting sweating in just the first few seconds of it.

Johnny Nys

I've seen that before, this looks like a new video though. Great setting indeed, though safety would prevent a location shooting. They'd probably have to recreate it as a studio set. Using a helicopter there would be cool reference to the Bond movies. A person being shot at would be sitting duck, though. Add some falling rocks and I can see Ford doing the same kind of expression as he did in Temple, when he's climbing back up the bridge and the thuggees start shooting arrows at him. I like the whipping the chopper idea.

Mickiana

Friggin awesome. How did they dare to walk that? How did they dare to build it?! I got that tingling feeling in my hands and feet as I watched it. It's pure Indiana Jones. I'm contacting the beards and advising them to hire Tocksic as location scout!

Indy's brother

Wow. The heights don't bug me, but I do have a healthy respect for gravity. For that reason, I couldn't help but notice that this rickety walkway has little support, and almost no reinforcement (i.e.: rebar) as seen through the holes left by chunks that have fallen out of the thing. You would never catch me on that. One weakness, perhaps not even visible, under just one wrong footstep, you're going through. And ain't nothin' gonna stop you on the way down but the bottom.

Forget. That.

As far as Indy running on it? I can't get my head around anyone thinking they have any business monkeying around on it. A set inspired by this, though, sure.