I think Indy should fight The Devil in the next film...

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
WHAT?!? It's been my mission in life to expose those charlatans!

That may constitute lible my former friend...

Hah!

I believe that 'exposing' the workings of the Invisible Hand is your means of keeping your membership secret. :cool:

Just like Indy's need to kill Germans to keep his membership of the Nazi Party secret... ;)

Of course it might all be double bluff. You could be a double agent stealing secrets from 'he who must not be mentioned by name'. :p

chicago103 said:
So what would the relic be, something garden of eden related?
The Delomelanicon
7634368.gif
8036344.gif
8925805.gif

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
The Delomelanicon

The Invocation of Darkness, written by Lucifer himself? A guide to summoning the devil.

This thread is taking a darker path. Methinks it would be too dark and controversial for Indy. Too world-changing and world defining.

It makes the Bermuda Triangle look bright and fluffy.

Montana Smith

Okay, I can't resist. I like the woodcuts:

http://www.winterspells.com/1025/babalon-diaries-de-umbrarum-regus-novum-portis/ said:
The Book of the Nine Gates to the Kingdom of Shadows

De Umbrarum Regis Novum Portis.

Written by Aristide Torchia in Venice, 1666. The book contains nine woodcut engravings rumored to be copied from the Delomelanicon, a book purportedly written by the devil himself. The Nine Gates to the Kingdom of Shadows is said to contain, within its pages, knowledge to raise the devil. The author was burned, along with all his works in 1667 – only three copies of De Umbrarum Regis Novum Portis survived.

http://www.winterspells.com/1025/babalon-diaries-de-umbrarum-regus-novum-portis/

Here are the other six:

None of those who have fought after the rules will arrive: (The knight says don't reveal Indy V secrets before time?)

6177501.gif

Open the Closed: (The door to Atlantis is closed?)

1458023.gif

I enrich myself with death: (Indy's emtional finale?)

99417.gif

The Student surpasses the Master: (Mutt surpasses Indy?)

4895013.gif

Death lies conquered:

4671349.gif

Now I know that the light comes from darkness:

8651084.gif

emtiem

'The Book of the Nine Gates to the Kingdom of Shadows'? Sounds like an Indy title already! I love it!

Montana Smith said:
Okay, I can't resist. I like the woodcuts:
They are pretty cool, (and mysterious).

Montana Smith said:
None of those who have fought after the rules will arrive: (The knight says don't reveal Indy V secrets before time?)
Silence is Golden

Montana Smith said:
Open the Closed: (The door to Atlantis is closed?)
Wherever the Devil's Triangle leads...he gives in to cynicism and his own dark side?

Montana Smith said:
I enrich myself with death: (Indy's emtional finale?)
How many have to die to reach the final clue

Montana Smith said:
The Student surpasses the Master: (Mutt surpasses Indy?)
Maybe Indy has to go bad to save his own:Mutt/Marion? Can he pull himself back?

Montana Smith said:
Death lies conquered
He has to survive the traps

Montana Smith said:
Now I know that the light comes from darkness
What did he learn from his own darkside?

Hmmm...

Lao_Che

Rocket Surgeon said:
Silence is Golden

Would be quite nice to have a film where someone scoffs at the Devil's Triangle name just for Indy to mumble that "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist..."

Can anyone do a good fanfiction of Indiana Jones in the Valley of the Shadow of Death? ;)

Last edited:

emtiem

I love it. Why not have it that the Church have long had a secret library full of forbidden texts deep underneath a city somewhere (the Vatican maybe? Too obvious perhaps?); most notable among them is this Delomelanicon, the book written by the Devil himself. Indy discovers proof that this fabled library exists but he's framed for murder before he can reveal this by people who want the secret kept: framing him to discredit his discovery. Their plan, a secret society of conspirators in various high places in society, is to obtain the book and travel to the Ninth Gate. Indy follows the trail and discovers the plan, but they find him and force him to break into the library, battle the guards and steal the book for them! They tell him that they're actually a band of radical priests, and have teamed up with an Industrialist (who has plenty of robot mining machines to dig to the Gate) and a religious nut with his own private army to wage war on the Devil, kill him and free the world from evil. Indy of course thinks that this is A Very Bad Idea.

At the end of the film they get to the Gate (beneath the Bermuda Triangle? Perhaps you have to fly into it with the book and are moved a second into the future, to of sync with the rest of the world: this is where the Ninth Gate is hidden), and against Indy's efforts they open it: however the villains turn against each other- one doublecrosses the others and reveals that his plan is to free the Devil! The army is killed as they enter the Gate, and then the giant mining machines emerge back through it; with glowing red eyes! Demonically possessed robots! Just then, after searching for Indy all through the film, Mutt and his GI buddies turn up... and all hell breaks loose!

:D

Indy's brother

Not sure about Old Nick if Indy 5 ends up being the last one. For a second trilogy to follow the OT pattern? Oh HELL yeah! To truly conjure up the necessary feeling of dread needed for the ultimate villain it would have to be dark. Darker than we've seen. Then a lighter 6th film to cleanse the palette. Of course, after battling the forces of Satan, what could Indy possibly do for an encore? I have no idea. But I'd love to see them try.

kongisking

emtiem said:
I love it. Why not have it that the Church have long had a secret library full of forbidden texts deep underneath a city somewhere (the Vatican maybe? Too obvious perhaps?); most notable among them is this Delomelanicon, the book written by the Devil himself. Indy discovers proof that this fabled library exists but he's framed for murder before he can reveal this by people who want the secret kept: framing him to discredit his discovery. Their plan, a secret society of conspirators in various high places in society, is to obtain the book and travel to the Ninth Gate. Indy follows the trail and discovers the plan, but they find him and force him to break into the library, battle the guards and steal the book for them! They tell him that they're actually a band of radical priests, and have teamed up with an Industrialist (who has plenty of robot mining machines to dig to the Gate) and a religious nut with his own private army to wage war on the Devil, kill him and free the world from evil. Indy of course thinks that this is A Very Bad Idea.

At the end of the film they get to the Gate (beneath the Bermuda Triangle? Perhaps you have to fly into it with the book and are moved a second into the future, to of sync with the rest of the world: this is where the Ninth Gate is hidden), and against Indy's efforts they open it: however the villains turn against each other- one doublecrosses the others and reveals that his plan is to free the Devil! The army is killed as they enter the Gate, and then the giant mining machines emerge back through it; with glowing red eyes! Demonically possessed robots! Just then, after searching for Indy all through the film, Mutt and his GI buddies turn up... and all hell breaks loose!

:D

This is an ingenious plot. Write a script for this sucker and send it to Lucas pronto. Who gives a poo if he doesn't bother to read it or use it?