General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Indy's brother

Well, since it looks like no one else is gonna do it, here it is for posterity:

Interviewer: Any news on the Indiana Jones front? What's the latest, man?

Shia: I talked to Harrrison, he said he's staying in the gym, he said that he's heard no word, but um, he does know that George is out there looking for a macguffin. But he said to me he's staying in the gym, so it means it's not so far off.

Interviewer: How long does it take to find a damn macguffin, come on George!

Shia: Man, I mean, he's got, he's gotta let it sit, you know, he's going through his ruminations, which is extensive, you know?

Interviewer: [We] just don't want to wait another 19 years between Indiana Jones, right?

Shia: Me neither, dude! Me neither, me neither!

Montana Smith

Mister Jones, he dead. He no come back. :dead:

Silly son now wearing his hat. He no real Indy. (n)

Mister Lucas and Mister Spielberg. They lose plot. They no allowed anywhere near Indy franchise now. ;)

Rivers

Shia's comments have opened a can of worms... tons of sites are reporting on Indy 5 being "not far off" and I even heard it on the radio...

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I heard a rumour this morning on the Channel 9 morning show today in their show business wrap and they said that Shia and Harrison were confirmed to have signed their contracts for Idy 5 as well as training at the gym.

Personally, I'd take that with a grain of salt. This is the same guy who reported Jeff Goldblum as having died from a freak accident on a New Zealand film set..... and reported Star Wars 7-9 as being confirmed.

However, do wonder what his source was for that.

foreignerfred

I wish I had the energy to believe that the Beards will use the attention Indy is getting for the 30th Anniversary to officially announce Indy 5.

I wish I had the energy.

Indy's brother

foreignerfred said:
I wish I had the energy to believe that the Beards will use the attention Indy is getting for the 30th Anniversary to officially announce Indy 5.

I wish I had the energy.

I certainly feel the strain. A solid blurb from one of the big three would hold me for the better part of a year. But I am too weary to hold my breath either, ff.

QBComics

Honestly, Indy has gotten almost no hype for his 30th, at least no where I've looked, so I wouldn't bet anything on being announced tomorrow or in the near future. Although I know I'm seeing Super 8 tomorrow morning and watching good 'ole Indy that night. :whip:

Texas

After trending #1 on internet search engines worldwide today, it proves that Harrison is still revered by the general public. I think the general public would love to see one final Indiana Jones film starring Harrison Ford. Come on Mr. Lucas, lets get this thing going!