Ford sets LaBeouf straight for criticising Indy!

If its real, F- Harrison Ford. He's criticized his own projects before. Seems more like a way to use Indy to push another project...yet again.

The Drifter

Rocket Surgeon said:
If its real, F- Harrison Ford. He's criticized his own projects before. Seems more like a way to use Indy to push another project...yet again.

I agree with you.
Ford has no reason to cast stones.

Sharkey

Rocket Surgeon said:

He was on Conan bashing K-19 before it came out.:rolleyes:

Montana Smith

The 'Details' link in the article is dead. Is this another 'user submitted fake news story'?

It doesn't sound like a comment from the usually subdued-in-interviews Harry. However, if Indy was to make similar comments about Mutt, that would be a step in the right direction.

kongisking

INCUBUSRATM said:

Sigh. If it's true, then Ford is being ridiculous. If there's one thing I've learned on this site, it's that people have every right to bash stuff if there were genuine problems with it. I may have loved KOTCS despite its flaws, but that's just it: it DID have flaws, and I see that now. So I applaud Shia for trying to make it clear he saw room for improvement, and am deeply annoyed at Harrison for name-calling him for it. Ford's starting to sound like me two years ago! :rolleyes:

kongisking

JP Jones said:
Back when you were fun.:(

Ah, well, to be once considered fun is better than to not be considered fun at all.

And, BTW, two years ago I'm pretty sure I was the laughingstock of this site for so epically defending KOTCS as flawless, so...I dunno, peer pressure got me? :confused:

Forbidden Eye

I'm with Indy! ;)

Its one thing to be "honest" about how you felt about a movie you did, but it did irk me that he publicly spoke for Harrison about the movie. I mean both Harrison and Shia seem to genuinely enjoy working on Kingdom before and after the film was released.

Rocket Surgeon said:
Seems more like a way to use Indy to push another project...yet again.

Even if this were true, and Shia was telling the truth in what Ford told him, there's a reason Harrison told Shia personally about it and not publicly announce his opinion. He doesn't need to have his thoughts about every single part of his work known to everyone.

And lets not forget, the ONLY reason Shia apologized was to help market his sequel "Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps"(which didn't turn out to be much of a success). Similiar to him(and Bay) apologizing for Transformers 2, to help promote Transformers 3.

Maybe it's time Shia thought about somebody else besides Shia.

JP Jones

kongisking said:
Ah, well, to be once considered fun is better than to not be considered fun at all.

And, BTW, two years ago I'm pretty sure I was the laughingstock of this site for so epically defending KOTCS as flawless, so...I dunno, peer pressure got me? :confused:
I just might be the next.;)

Indy's brother

Boy, this thing is just getting trickier to navigate.

LaBeouf contradicts that account, telling the magazine that in private Ford actually commended him for speaking his mind about the long-awaited sequel. Considering Ford's long and close friendship with Spielberg and the other member of the "Indiana Jones" triumvirate, George Lucas, Shia is heeding that fatherly advice, though he also confessed he has a habit of being too honest when the situation calls for more tact.
"I got lambasted for that, and understandably so," said LaBeouf.

I'm not up on Shia's past quotes, but this reads like it's been pieced together with past bits and bobs to make this sound like there's some kind of a grander dialogue going on that may not really exist. Just my take on it, though.

The Man

278.jpg

"Don't like taking part in my adventures, huh? F*ck you and f*ck off! Should've been 'paid handsomely' by getting me a free vasectomy..."

Indy's brother

The Man said:
278.jpg

"Don't like taking part in my adventures, huh? F*ck you and f*ck off! Should've been 'paid handsomely' by getting me a free vasectomy..."

Thanks for that much needed dose of levity, The Man! (it's been getting a bit stuffy around here lately) :D

NME: He told Details: "I think he was a f***ing idiot."

Details: "I think I told him he was a f***ing idiot,"

Should just post this in Stupid Indy Headlines. F'ing NME can't, (won't) get the quote right.

What a bunch of horsesh!t!

No wonder Ford won't talk to anyone.

Forbidden Eye said:
Even if this were true, and Shia was telling the truth in what Ford told him, there's a reason Harrison told Shia personally about it and not publicly announce his opinion. He doesn't need to have his thoughts about every single part of his work known to everyone. Maybe it's time Shia thought about somebody else besides Shia.

Ford didn't say he betrayed his trust by saying what he said. So I don't understand where you get your reasoning behind his personal/public views/comments.

If anything, Ford agrees with Shia:

"As an actor, I think it's my obligation to support the film without making a complete ass of myself..."

No one posted the headline:

Harrison Ford focuses on the bright side of Crytsal Skull hoping he won't seem like a complete ass

Last edited: