Indy actors in other roles

Goodeknight

I'm not talking about Alfred Molina playing Doctor Octopus. I'm talking about catching glimpses of Indy actors and saying, "Hey that was the Grail Knight."

Robert Eddison in The StoryTeller, a fantastic Jim Henson show from the 80s.
Roberteddison.jpg

Just found out he was born in Japan to British parents. Interesting.

Post your other catches (with pics preferably) here!

Montana Smith

Force 10 From Navarone is a good one for this.

Wartime Indy:

5884-6609.jpg

Vogel's twin brother:

2474-6609.jpg

Dietrich's twin brother:

9041-6609.jpg

Hitler's double:

15756-6609.jpg

Stoo

An Oblique 007 Connection

Captain Blumburtt meets James Bond!:gun:

Philip Stone (as Inspector Carlton) with Roger Moore (as Simon Templar) in "The Saint". Season 2 - Episode 6: "Marcia" from 1963. (He has quite a few scenes in it.)

Saint_PhilipStone_small_zps68284d71.jpg

Philip Stone is also in "Thunderball". Have a look...

Top Secret was On Demand so I watched the majority of it. Though I already knew it, it didn't stop me from quizzing the kiddies:

Hey thats...uh, um...

600px-Topsecret-8.jpg

"Messenger Pirate"?

(y)

HenryJunior

William Hootkins
Our very own Major Eaton was also:

Lt. Eckhardt, in BATMAN (1989)

williamhootkins04.jpg

Munson, in Flash Gordon (1980)

81806420.jpg

And of course Red 6 - Jek Porkins, in Star Wars (1977)

90jekporkinsstarwars.jpg

HenryJunior

Oh sorry, didn't mean to be a know-it all :p

Glad you know now though. Will Hootkins is 2 for 2 on being in the first movie of 2 awesome Lucasfilm franchises.

Goodeknight

HenryJunior said:
Will Hootkins is 2 for 2 on being in the first movie of 2 awesome Lucasfilm franchises.

Extremely small parts, but both speaking roles. I guess the only downsides for him are:

* He was part of the inept gov't in ROTLA.
* He died in SW.
* And his name was Porkins.

The last point is probably the worst. I'm sure he was, like, "My name's what? (sigh) Great."

Stoo

4 in 1! The same year as "Raiders".

goodeknight said:
You lead off with "and of course," so I'm admitting my ignorance -- but I never knew/noticed that!
In the theatre, my friend & I both said, "Hey, it's Porkins!", at the same time!:D
HenryJunior said:
Wow, didn't realize that! I haven't seen that episode.
You should watch it to see how good he is in the role. Hootkins must have had a hoot playing that character.

Speaking of the dearly departed William Hootkins...

"Sphinx" was released just a few months before "Raiders" and it had 4 Indy actors in it:

- William Hootkins (from "Raiders" and Young Indy Chronicles)
- Vic Tablian (from "Raiders" and Young Indy Chronicles)
- Kevork Malikyan (from "Crusade" and Young Indy Chronicles)
- John Rhys-Davis (from "Raiders and "Crusade")

Sphinx_03_320_zpsbc08eefc.jpg

Sphinx_02_320_zps9de98c00.jpg

Sphinx_05_320_zpsd9806aff.jpg

Sphinx_01_320_zps18d2a78c.jpg

John Rhys-Davis and Vic Tablian had a lot of screen time but Tablian said only 1 short line of dialogue.

Sphinx_04_320_zpsab73e8ed.jpg

Sphinx_06_320_zps51de5d29.jpg

Le Saboteur

This is the thread I was originally looking for.

This doesn't quite fit the bill since it's a sizable role, but the moment he appeared on screen I was "Hey, isn't that -- yeah, it is Chattar Lal!"

mast-indiansummers-ss-first-look-04-scale-690x390.jpg

Roshan Seth takes up the role of Darius Dalal, patriarch of a Parsi family struggling to find its place during the twilight of the British Raj. His son, Aarmin, is perhaps the principle player, but the family plays an important role throughout the ten episodes that comprise season the first.

The show you ask? Indian Summers. Season one originally aired on the UK's Channel 4, PBS stateside late last year, and can now be had on home video almost in time for the second season!

PBS Masterpiece said:
Set in a subtropical paradise during the twilight era of the British Empire, Indian Summers explores the collision of the ruling class English with their Indian subjects, and the intricate game of power, politics, and passion that ensues. Julie Walters (Harry Potter, Oscar® nominee for Billy Elliot and Educating Rita) stars as Cynthia Coffin, the glamorous doyenne of an English social club, and is joined by Henry Lloyd-Hughes, Jemima West, Nikesh Patel, Roshan Seth, and Lillete Dubey.
Told from both the English and Indian perspectives, the drama of Indian Summers unfolds as illicit agreements, romance, and revolution abound. Though the English socialites are having the time of their lives in Simla, the local Indians have started to call for national independence, a path which is quickly rendering the world?s greatest empire helpless. As pressure builds, the two sides alternately clash and merge in a passionate and dangerous game.

I picked it up as something of lark intending to watch it when I had some free time. Instead, I ended up "powering" through the series in about two weeks. Things start off a little slow, but all the disparate threads come together quite nicely. And while you're waiting dig on the colors! They pop off the screen along with the clothes and the architecture.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/d5FaPhbwXnI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>