Indy 5 news 2017

If I had a say, they would slow down Star Wars a year or two before putting stress on the writers and production. Green light Indy 5 to build interest in that franchise for a reboot or continuation, then SW Episode IX.

IndyForever

Indy 5 would be more welcome than yet another Star Wars sequel at that time. I think Star Wars as conceived by Disney is going to sooner or later cook the golden goose (which Indy will steal with his trusty whip :gun: ).

Blade Runner 2049 is also going to further cement Harrisons ongoing global box office appeal!

Face_Melt

Today JJ Abrams was announced to both write and direct Star Wars Episode 9, as well as the release date for the film officially moved from May 2019 to December 20, 2019.

Could Indiana Jones be moved back up to 2019 because of this?

IndyForever

Face_Palm said:
Today JJ Abrams was announced to both write and direct Star Wars Episode 9, as well as the release date for the film officially moved from May 2019 to December 20, 2019.

Could Indiana Jones be moved back up to 2019 because of this?
Hope so who cares for more Star Wars when Spielberg is still willing to make an Indy 5 with Harrison, John Williams & his usual post production team :whip:

IndyForever

Nice typical Ford quote from that GQ interview:

"I ask him what this new Indiana Jones movie will need to be in order to have him fully engaged."

?Funded,? he replies. :gun:

IndyForever

Dene said:
New interview with Ford in GQ. He "hopes [Indy 5] might happen in the second half of next year".
The GQ video at the bottom of the interview @ 1:25 mark has a specific question about Indy 5 but Ford declines to comment at all something about can you say about Indy at this stage of his life & what he's up to with a deadpan "err no"

Man of few words lets hope he is saving all his energy for his presumably final Indy movie :hat:

IndyForever

Face_Palm said:
Wow, GREAT interview!! And great pictures of Ford!
Yeah Harrison looks great just pop that hat, leather jacket & whip on he will fall right back into character as he is the man! Also Spielberg will no doubt take a picture day 1 of filming like he did on KOTCS so within a year we hopefully get a new character shot of him courtesy of Spielberg!!

Pale Horse

Staff member
IndyForever said:
A man of few words lets hope he is saving all his energy for his presumably final ... movie

tenor.gif

moon_tan

Harrison Ford has been ready for a new Indiana Jones movie since his interview about Cowboys and Aliens in 2011. It is Steven Spielberg that is holding things up. Spielberg likes to delay movies. The same for J.J. Abrams.
Spielberg doesn't understand that being in your 70's poses health issues and a weaker immune system. Loss of energy. A heart attack, a stroke and dying of natural causes in your sleep can happen.
Spielberg will be 71 this December. Harrison Ford is already 75.
They should have made more Indy films in the 1990's.
For some reason, Spielberg wants Harrison to be so old to play Indy again and I don't think the film will be as enjoyable. Maybe Spielberg has some jealousy there for Harrison's vim and vigor.
It is not easy for a man to be so physical and strong in your 70's. Spielberg does not know this. Spielberg doesn't look like he lift weights and does push ups himself. Spielberg can just sit in a chair with his one kidney.
Of course, Harrison has been wanting to do this fifth movie as soon as possible. It may be his swan song.
Steven Spielberg knows darn well there will not be any more Indiana Jones movies after 2020 with Harrison, like he says there will be.
As far as trying to find an artifact for the movie...The Librarian tv series (TNT) comes up with artifacts every week the cast is in search for or trying to rescue from a villain.
An artifact that has a biblical connection like the Ark of the Covenant and Jesus' cup was my favorite.

moon_tan

Udvarnoky said:
Fingers crossed. It makes a lot of sense to slot this back for Summer 2019, which was the original plan.
I agree with you, Udvarnoky. No Star Wars or James Bond movie in the way in July 2019. Spider-Man 2 might be released in July 5, 2019.

moon_tan

DARTH ZOIDBERG said:
Harrison got the script and is hoping Spielberg is ready to start filming in 2018,

http://popculture.com/movies/2017/09/13/indiana-jones-harrison-ford-script-filming-2018/
They should listen to Harrison this time. :hat: They should start scouting locations and getting the cast together this year, so they could start filming this thing in 2018. Let's do it for Harrison.
:whip: Would love to see "Short Round" Jonathan Ke Quan return in the movie. Perhaps show his martial arts. (y)

AndyLGR

Great to hear news snippets over this last couple of weeks that things seem to be ramping up with the sotry now.

DARTH ZOIDBERG

moon_tan said:
Harrison Ford has been ready for a new Indiana Jones movie since his interview about Cowboys and Aliens in 2011. It is Steven Spielberg that is holding things up. Spielberg likes to delay movies. The same for J.J. Abrams.
Spielberg doesn't understand that being in your 70's poses health issues and a weaker immune system. Loss of energy. A heart attack, a stroke and dying of natural causes in your sleep can happen.
Spielberg will be 71 this December. Harrison Ford is already 75.
They should have made more Indy films in the 1990's.
For some reason, Spielberg wants Harrison to be so old to play Indy again and I don't think the film will be as enjoyable. Maybe Spielberg has some jealousy there for Harrison's vim and vigor.
It is not easy for a man to be so physical and strong in your 70's. Spielberg does not know this. Spielberg doesn't look like he lift weights and does push ups himself. Spielberg can just sit in a chair with his one kidney.
Of course, Harrison has been wanting to do this fifth movie as soon as possible. It may be his swan song.
Steven Spielberg knows darn well there will not be any more Indiana Jones movies after 2020 with Harrison, like he says there will be.
As far as trying to find an artifact for the movie...The Librarian tv series (TNT) comes up with artifacts every week the cast is in search for or trying to rescue from a villain.
An artifact that has a biblical connection like the Ark of the Covenant and Jesus' cup was my favorite.

this is different Disney owns the rights to the Indiana Jones franchise now so I would think with Fords advancing age and the fact Disney Is calling the shots Disney would be inclined to get a new director If Spielberg stalls much longer. Plus This is a recent revelation about the script being done which is a certain kind of milestone. the first we heard of a finished script was I believe a David Koepp interview about a week ago...

Last edited: