How many have you seen?

Junior Jones

A lot of people seem to have a bad opinion of YIJC having seen only a few episodes. That's too bad because there was such a variety of writers and directors and locations and themes.

I taped the whole series when it was on. Then bought the videos when they came out and taped the missing movies when they were shown on the USA network. So I have a complete set.

Is there anyone else who has seen them all? Or at least more than a few?

Whipper

Hey, me too! :) I was there for the entire original ride and did my taping week by week as it aired.

That's why I hope it will come out in its unaltered, original format on DVD, so that fans and non-fans alike can see the series in its best light and proper context.

That variety you mentioned is one of the things I thrived on as I became a Young Indy fan.

Yeah, I'm seen most of them if not all and I really enjoyed them, the Sean Patrick Flanery adventures more, but it was a fun series... I'm looking forward to that DVD release.

There are many I have not seen, unfortunately. I have seen the movie where Young Indy goes to Africa and then France. Wasn't that "Young Indiana Jones Travels With Father"? I've seen the one with Vicki. I've also seen "Winds of Change," "Scandals of 1920," "Mystery of the Blues," "Treasure of the Peacock's Eye," "Hollywood Follies," and the one where he's trying to get that phone call in Europe--you know, the really screwball, comedic episode? I think it was "Adventures in the Secret Service" or something like that. Unfortunately I haven't seen "Phantom Train of Doom" or "Uganga, the Giver and Taker of Life," which I've heard are great. Can anyone help me with the names of the others?

S

skywlkrinc

I saw all but about 4 of them when they were originally on TV. In their altered VHS form I've seen probably seen 5.

Luke

Kate

I've only seen "The Treasure of the Peacock's Eye," and that's because it came with my box set of the trilogy. They don't have the YIJC movies at any of the video stores in my city, sadly. :(

Luckylighter

My favorite is "Tales of Innocence", where he meets Ernest Hemingway for the first time, during the war. It was just cool, as a Hemingway fan, to see these two heroes of mine meet up.

Joe Brody

Luckylighter said:
Really Kate? It looks like I just got an idea for an Off Topic Thread.

Go for it Luckylighter. For my part, that novel is proof that you can live a whole life in a couple of days.

Onya

I've only seen "Peacock's Eye". I was 12, and with my brother's annoying dog who wouldn't sit still (I think I've said this before....ugh, anyway) . So unfortunately, I saw glimpses of it, but to this day I still can't figure out exactly what happened.

I've read a lot of the Young Indiana Chronicles books, though.... :eek:

Now I'm beginning to wish I never mentioned that.

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
I've seen 'Peacock's Eye' and the 'Fantom train of doom'. They were entertaining to watch once but I'm not a big fan of the young series. Maybe I havn't seen the good episodes...

Andy Jones

I've seen all of them with the exception of 'The Scandal of 1920'.

I really like the series, especially the SPF episodes.

Gobi-1

I remember watching the very first episode "Curse of the Jackyll." It was a monday night if I remember right. I only thought it would be an hour so my mom told me I had to go to bed when it was over. Then we saw that it was going to be 2 hours so thankfully my mom let me watch it all.

I probably saw every episode but it's been so long since I've seen them and ABC kept moving the show around (10 years later ABC still has this problem.)

I had the books the comics and then for awhile I lost intrest mainy because I could find the show anymore. The it turned up on the Family Channel as made for tv movies. Is aw Treasure of the Peacocks Eye, Attack of the Hawkmen and Travels with Father. Missed out on Hollywood Follies.

The only two I have on tape are Daredevils of the Desert which is very good and Treasure of the Peacocks Eye.