I Can't Be The Only One To Notice This......

Red 5

So I pop in Jane Eyre (Herrmann's 1944 version) that I just got in the mail today and when I get to track 6, I nearly fall out of my chair. The first four notes are exactly the same as the five note theme from Close Encounters !!! I did a topic search and couldn't find anything as I can't possibly be the first person to notice this. The track is called Time Passage- The Letter and if you have no idea what I'm talking about, go to the link below and listen to the sample which conveniently starts at the beginning. Or message me with your address and I will be happy to send it to you. The track itself is only 1:17.

link

Jay R. Zay

temple of john said:
I will try to make my 1000th post indicative of what the Temple stands for. Profanity and justice for all.

ahm... perhaps you should better skip the 1000th post :p

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Yeah. Maybe we should just ban hime before the 1000th post. :p

Ei vaineskaan.

Paden

Wait a sec. Are you implying that Stevenson's production of Jane Eyre was actually intended to be a story about alien abduction? ;)

Johan

You DO know that John Williams did the music for that movie right?
I own it as well...it say's right in the credits on the back, so I would not be suprised to find simularities in the music.

Red 5

IndyJohan said:
You DO know that John Williams did the music for that movie right?
I own it as well...it say's right in the credits on the back, so I would not be suprised to find simularities in the music.

I'm not talking about the 1970 Jane Eyre composed by John Williams. I mean the one composed by Bernard Herrmann for the 1944 movie. ;)

Indydan13

Out of all the notes in the world, it is highly probable that the same 5 can be used in the same way......

By the way, how can the first 4 notes be the same as the 5 note tune?

Stoo

Listen to the link provided in the 1st post and you'll see what it's about.
The first 25 secs. of the track, "Time Passage". Sounds just like it...
Bernard Herrmann was great and so is John Williams.

Paden said:
Wait a sec. Are you implying that Stevenson's production of Jane Eyre was actually intended to be a story about alien abduction? ;)
My take is that when the film was shown on TV sometime, it was the first
Earth signal ever to be received by those aliens who took it as "Hello". ;)