Gentleman Adventurer Costume

Kill Cavalry

Here's my gentlemen's adventuring costume for the late Victorian period through the 1920s.

100_0753.jpg

100_0752.jpg

100_0751.jpg

What do you think?

Kill Cavalry

I am a dark lord of the pith.

That's a British model 1885 pith helmet, the pistol is an American Colt Model 1851 (I think), with a cheap reproduction cavalry holster. The coat is a thrift store suit jacket, while the trousers are mid 19th century style with button braces and a button fly, not to mention the side seam pockets. The shirt is a simple store bought collared white shirt, and the vest is a fancy one I picked up at a historical clothing dealer.
The trousers are a bit baggy, but otherwise I'm happy with the way it all turned out.

qafir

So the pistol is real? Nifty.

I'm not as curious about your costume as I am about the head in a jar thing on your coffee table. Is that decorative, or is it part of a costume?

The glasses don't really help it, but the costume looks great!

(I know... I'm also one of the blighted whose glasses often ruin an otherwise fantastic costume.... contacts are fer sure the way to go.... One-day-disposables are pretty affordable too :)

Kezia

ClintonHammond said:
The glasses don't really help it, but the costume looks great!

(I know... I'm also one of the blighted whose glasses often ruin an otherwise fantastic costume.... contacts are fer sure the way to go.... One-day-disposables are pretty affordable too :)

How can you say that, Clint darling? Glasses are sexy... I'm sure you look very hot in them ;)

Whether you find them 'sexy' or not, the glasses that Kill Cavalry has on are not in the period of the costume.... Like a knight in sneakers, or a
"Red-coat" wearing a digital watch....

Kezia

ClintonHammond said:
Whether you find them 'sexy' or not, the glasses that Kill Cavalry has on are not in the period of the costume.... Like a knight in sneakers, or a
"Red-coat" wearing a digital watch....

.....Hurt my feelings why don't you! :(
Fine.... you're NOT cute in glasses.... the other guy is.... ;)

Kezia

ClintonHammond said:
I'm cuter in chocolate sauce

:p
Heh

Hmmmm..... That's too bad. I'm really not a chocolate kind of girl. I prefer fruity candy.....Now, Gilles is.... berry sweet! hehe :D
To give you a little credit though.... I'm sure you're fruity in another way..... :p

Indy Benson

Cool costume (regardless what Clinton says about the glasses). You look like you came from The Adventurer's Club (Pleasure Island, DisneyWorld).

Oh, and I love Guesstures! Very fun party game.

What is that hung on the wall above your head? Harpoon?

Kill Cavalry

I was actually visiting the house for a halloween party. The harpoon is a Polynesian whaling harpoon and the glass globe with the head was a decoration...now regarding the glasses:
They are early 19th century spectacles and pre-Victorian. Jas Townsend Glasses
So, yes, they are historically inaccurate for the costume. Still, I think they look right for the costume, and so long as I'm being farby I'll stick with them.

"They are early 19th century spectacles and pre-Victorian. Jas Townsend Glasses"

Are they? They looked WAY more modern that that... maybe because they're mostly hidden by your hat

Got a close-up of them on yer face?