Wanted - Artists and Writers for Indi Fan Comic Collective

lao che & sons

JuniorJones said:
Look at doing loose breakdowns of the panels from the comic script by Dr Gonzo and I'd look to working them into the finished art.

Alrighdy, I can do panel break downs as that's what I'm generally used to, being a filmmaker. So what is the number of panels that you need, or is there not a limit?

I comend you for creating such a project for artists and writers around the raven, Junior, I hope I can be of good service.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
lao che & sons said:
Alrighdy, I can do panel break downs as that's what I'm generally used to, being a filmmaker. So what is the number of panels that you need, or is there not a limit?

I comend you for creating such a project for artists and writers around the raven, Junior, I hope I can be of good service.

This is the basic panel layout but not broken into pages as this is a personal choice.

PAGE 1. PANEL 1 - ISLAND IN THE SOUTH ATLANTIC - FROZEN BEACH - DAY

(Low angle) In the background we see an ICEBERG shaped like the Paramount logo is drifting off the icy shore of an island, a frozen wasteland. Below is a snow covered beach. A shelf of thin ice stretches out to the Atlantic Ocean. In the foreground there are two sets of foot prints in the snow leading towards a small opening in the frozen rocky surface. A cave . A man made cave.

A light snow is falling on TWO GERMANS wearing Nazi uniforms. They are carrying machine guns and have made their way over to these foot prints on the snowy beach. They observe the foot prints. They speak to each other in German.

PANEL 2 - MID SHOT

GERMAN 1
Fub Kunstdrucke. Was meinen Sie? (Foot prints. What do you think?)

GERMAN 2
Wir haben Eindringlingen. (We have intruders.)

(at this point I wouldn't cut to indy and Mac, I would show a few panel of the GERMAN leading us to them with a bit of exposition.)

PANEL 3

GERMANS enter the cave

GERMAN 1
Wollen wir nachforschen(Lets investigate)

GERMAN 2
Ja, Laden Sie Ihre Pistole und zünden Sie die Fackel (Yes, Load your gun and light the torch)

PANEL 4

The dug out cavern begins to narrow into a tunnel. The GERMANS head for the strange orange glow of light at the end of the tunnel.

GERMAN 1
Es gibt Leute außer dem Loch (There are people beyond the hole)

GERMAN 2
Bereitmachen (Get Ready)

PANEL 5

The GERMANS enter a larger area. The CAMERA is focus on them alone with them facing forward, guns raised draped with the shadow figures of INDIANA JONES and GEORGE MacHALE. Silhouette of INDI and MAC are in the foreground.

GERMAN 2
Guten tag. (Good day)

INDIANA JONES
Nazi's. The war is over boys.

PANEL 6

CAMERA from over the shoulders of the NAZI'S facing INDI AND MAC looking bemused. We can see INDI and MAC weapons on the floor.

GERMAN 2
(heavy accent)
Not for us.

INDIANA JONES
It is for everyone else. And by the way, you lost.

PANEL 7 ? MID SHOT

GERMAN 1
Hände nach oben! (Hands up!)

Panel 8 ? OVER GERMANS 1 Shoulder
INDI looks to getting a weapons

GERMAN 2
(heavy accent)
Don?t touch those weapons.

MacHale is rasing his hands in the air.

MACHALE
Look, you blokes are a bit confused. Hitler is dead. Germany bloody surrendered!

PANEL 9

CAMERA From the back of INDI and GEORGE MACHALE. We can see MacHale secretly hidden gun in back of the waist band of his trousers.
INDI looks to getting a weapon

MACHALE
Easy now.

PANEL 10

Suddenly Indy lunges for MacHale?s waist band pistol. He grabs it and fires at the Neo-Nazi?s.

PANEL 11

One of the Germans is hit. The other German begins firing wildly.
The gun shots cause the tunnel to begin collapsing!

PANEL 12

Snow buries the other German. Indy and GEORGE MACHALE make a run for it.

INDIANA JONES
Go Mac! Go! Go!

PANELS 12 -16

An AVALANCHE of white powder comes crashing down behind them. The tunnel is collapsing right on their heels.
They jump out of the tunnel and into...

PANEL 13
INT. ICE CAVE - STONE CHAMBER

... a chamber built out of solid stone.

PANEL 14

INDI AND GEORGE MACHALE hit the ground

PANEL 15

INDI AND GEORGE MACHALE recovering

PANEL 16

GEORGE MACHALE still recovering, INDI looking

MACHALE
That was bloody close.

INDIANA JONES
Closer that your think!

PANEL 17

A reveal of TEN NEO-NAZI?S are standing in front of them. Most of them already have their guns drawn. They have electric generators and lights set up. It looks like its a make-shift war room.

INDIANA JONES
(under his breath)
Sh*t.

One of the taller Neo-Nazi?s steps forward. This is the man in command, BRAUNER. He recognizes our heroes.

BRAUNER
George MacHale and the illustrious Indiana Jones. Or do you prefer Dr. Jones?

PANEL 18
Nice panel of INDIANA JONES

INDIANA JONES
Colonel Dr. Jones.

PANEL 19
Nice panel of GEORGE MACHALE

MACHALE
Retired Colonel Dr. Jones.

PANEL 20

Nice panel of BRAUNER with guards behind him.

BRAUNER
A rare privilege to meet the both of you. I had a feeling that I should expect you here. My name is Brauner.
(to his men)

Search them.

PANEL 21

Four Neo-Nazi?s move in on MacHale and Indy. Two grab MacHale and two of them grab Indy.

INDIANA JONES
(to MacHale, wry)
Is this Halloween or something?

MACHALE
Are you guys out of your gourds? The Nazi?s are over.

PANEL 22 - CLOSE ON: Brauner?s face.

BRAUNER
The Third Reich may be over, but another is on it?s way.

Dr. Gonzo

PART TWO

INT. ICE CAVE - STONE CHAMBER - DAY

BRAUNER
It is clear that the allies are aware of our existence with them having sent two of their operatives.

INDIANA JONES
We didn’t come for you.

BRAUNER
And what did you come for? Perhaps this?

Brauner snaps his fingers.

BRAUNER (CONT’D)
Perhaps this?

Two more GUARDS appear from another smaller chamber. They have a woman with them... ELAINE BEAUDETTE.

BRAUNER (CONT’D)
I believe you have all ready met Fräulein Beaudette.

INDIANA JONES
Elaine.

ELAINE
(with french accent)
Indy!

MACHALE
Long time no see, Frenchie.

BRAUNER
Fraulein Beaudette has been aiding us with the recovery of something very special.
(in German, to the soldiers)
Put them all away.

The soldiers take them to the other smaller chamber. Elaine, MacHale and Indy are all placed inside. A rigged bar door closes on them. They are confined in a make-shift prison cell. Elaine embraces Indy.

ELAINE
Oh Indy, you found me.

INDIANA JONES
Are you hurt?

ELAINE
I’m fine.
(pause)
Good to see you too Mac.

MACHALE
Hello love.

INDIANA JONES
What’s going on here? What did they have you do?

ELAINE
They had me translate some writing, Aramaic. The writing warns of the horrible wrath that god himself will unleash upon humanity when the dead are resurrected. It sounded very much like what the book of Revelations describes happens on earth during the events of the rapture. An apocalyptic nightmare.

INDIANA JONES
Do you know what they're after?

ELAINE
No, but I know where they are going after this. They’re going to Jerusalem. The Mount of Olives.

INDIANA JONES
Mount of Olives? That’s supposedly where--

ELAINE
Jesus incarnate will come down from heaven when the --

MACHALE
When the end of the world begins?

INDIANA JONES
Right.

lao che & sons

Alright, here are my panel sugestions for you on part two, which I love by the way Gonzo. Nice job.

PART TWO

PANEL 1: full page ws of the stone chamber (credit sand title included)

PANEL 2: CU of Brauner

BRAUNER
It is clear that the allies are aware of our existence with them having sent two of their operatives.

PANEL 3: MS of Indy and Mac being held by two germans. Brauner's back is also in the panel.

INDIANA JONES
We didn?t come for you.

PANEL 4: MS of Brauner

BRAUNER

PANEL 5: diagonal panel: CU of Snapping fingers

Brauner snaps his fingers.

PANEL 6: Opposite Diagonal: WS of guard's sillhouettes coming out of a smaller chamber with the sillhouette of a woman being held.

BRAUNER (CONT?D)
Perhaps this?

PANEL 7: WS of the guards bringing Elaine out of the chamber, in this panel also are; Indy, Mac, the soldiers holging them, and Brauner.

Two more GUARDS appear from another smaller chamber. They have a woman with them... ELAINE BEAUDETTE.

PANEL 8: CU of Brauner's face giving an evil grin.

BRAUNER (CONT?D)

PANEL 9: CU of Indy's eyes with a surprised and happy expression to them.

INDIANA JONES
Elaine.

PANEl 10: CU of Elaine's eyes " "

ELAINE
(with french accent)
Indy!

PANEL 11: MS of Mac with a sarcastic expression

MACHALE

PANEL 12: MS of Brauner

BRAUNER
Fraulein Beaudette has been aiding us with the recovery of something very special.

PANEL 13: Brauner pointing at soldiers

Put them all away.

PANEL 14: WS of soldiers taking Jones, Mac, and Elaine to a chamber.

PANEL 15: MS of Indy, Mac, and Elaine

The soldiers take them to the other smaller chamber. Elaine, MacHale and Indy are all placed inside.

PANEL 16: Same MS but with Bars in front of them "cling"

A rigged bar door closes on them. They are confined in a make-shift prison cell.

PANEL 17: The back of Indy as Elaine hugs him

Elaine embraces Indy.

ELAINE
Oh Indy, you found me.

PANEL 18: CU Indy's face

INDIANA JONES
Are you hurt?

PANEL 19: WS of the three of them in a the prison cell now standing.

ELAINE
I?m fine.
(pause)
Good to see you too Mac.

MACHALE
Hello love.

PANEL 20: MS of Indy with his hands on Elaine's shoulders

INDIANA JONES
What?s going on here? What did they have you do?

PANEL 21: CU Elaine

ELAINE
They had me translate some writing, Aramaic. The writing warns of the horrible wrath that god himself will unleash upon humanity when the dead are resurrected. It sounded very much like what the book of Revelations describes happens on earth during the events of the rapture. An apocalyptic nightmare.

PANEL 22: Indy

INDIANA JONES

PANEL 23: CU of elaine pulling a map out of her pocket

ELAINE
No, but I know where they are going after this. They?re going to Jerusalem. The Mount of Olives.

PANEL 24: WS of Prison cell (full page

INDIANA JONES
Mount of Olives? That?s supposedly where--

ELAINE

MACHALE

INDIANA JONES
Right.

So that's waht I think could be done for panel layout on the second chapter. You can add some or take some.

Dr. Gonzo

That's a nice breakdown Lao.
The man we really need input on from your panel breakdown is the artist himself, since a comic panel breakdown isn't really my arena of knowledge... What do you think JuniorJones?

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Dr. Gonzo said:
That's a nice breakdown Lao.
The man we really need input on from your panel breakdown is the artist himself, since a comic panel breakdown isn't really my arena of knowledge... What do you think JuniorJones?

This is just my thoughts on panel layout and some of the ideas I would like to put forward that will change that will change the emphasis of Brauner, so it up to Dr Gonzo if he wants to keep them. Otherwise I'll revert back to Lao Layout

Alright, here are my panel sugestions for you on part two, which I love by the way Gonzo. Nice job.

PART TWO

PANEL 1: full page ws of the stone chamber (credit sand title included)

(for a second I thought you mean't credits in the sand, which bizarrely I though was a good idea!) Full page fine, with focus on brauner

PANEL 2: CU of Brauner

I would do a long panel with a mid-shot of Brauner and a close-up of Indys reaction in the forground. This would lead nicley into the next panel

BRAUNER

PANEL 3: MS of Indy and Mac being held by two germans. Brauner's back is also in the panel. I would go for a close up of Indy face

INDIANA JONES
We didn’t come for you.

PANEL 4: MS of Brauner with the back of indy in view

BRAUNER

PANEL 5: diagonal panel: CU of Snapping fingers

Brauner snaps his fingers. I wouldn't have Brauner snap is fingers, I would have him say something politely in german to one of the soilders. I would like the emphasis of Brauner changed, less of someone who revels in his evil but someone who uses it as a last nessesity, in fact he'd rather not use it at all but the overall arc could be that he needs to.

PANEL 6: Opposite Diagonal: WS of guard's sillhouettes coming out of a smaller chamber with the sillhouette of a woman being held.

BRAUNER (CONT’D)
Perhaps this?

PANEL 7: WS of the guards bringing Elaine out of the chamber, in this panel also are; Indy, Mac, the soldiers holging them, and Brauner.

PANEL 8: CU of Brauner's face giving an evil grin. No, grin. I would have a slightly embarrassed look

BRAUNER (CONT’D)

PANEL 9: CU of Indy's eyes with a surprised and happy expression to them. I think a mid shot of Indy and Mac reaction as they both know her

INDIANA JONES
Elaine?

PANEl 10: CU of Elaine's eyes " " I would take the opportunity to do a good beauty shot of Elaine.

ELAINE
(with french accent)
Indy!

PANEL 11: MS of Mac with a sarcastic expression

MACHALE

PANEL 12: MS of Brauner

BRAUNER

PANEL 13: Brauner pointing at soldiers

Put them all away. I'd add "I'm sorry", and the in german "Put them away".

PANEL 14: WS of soldiers taking Jones, Mac, and Elaine to a chamber.

PANEL 15: MS of Indy, Mac, and Elaine

The soldiers take them to the other smaller chamber. Elaine, MacHale and Indy are all placed inside.

PANEL 16: Same MS but with Bars in front of them "cling"

A rigged bar door closes on them. They are confined in a make-shift prison cell.

PANEL 17: The back of Indy as Elaine hugs him

Elaine embraces Indy.

ELAINE
Oh Indy, you found me.

PANEL 18: CU Indy's face, I would add Indy still hugging with a surprised look on his face.

PANEL 18b: Indy pulls he self back, with a slight smile on his face.

INDIANA JONES: Yes, we found you!!.

I think this would be a great opportunity for Elaine to question INDY and MAC, How they knew she was here. We could have them make up a stupid story. Until Indy admits it was an accident

INDIANA JONES
Are you hurt?

PANEL 19: WS of the three of them in a the prison cell now standing.

If you follow my previous logic, the next line could be "Well, I'm fine, Rescuers" Leave out the "good to see you mac" and have mac say "all part of the service, Love!!" istead of "Hello, Love

ELAINE
I’m fine. .
(pause)
Good to see you too Mac.

MACHALE
Hello love.

PANEL 20: MS of Indy with his hands on Elaine's shoulders

INDIANA JONES
What’s going on here? What did they have you do?

PANEL 21: CU Elaine

ELAINE

PANEL 22: Indy

INDIANA JONES

PANEL 23: CU of elaine pulling a map out of her pocket

ELAINE
No, but I know where they are going after this. They’re going to Jerusalem. The Mount of Olives.

PANEL 24: WS of Prison cell (full page

INDIANA JONES
Mount of Olives? That’s supposedly where--

ELAINE

MACHALE

INDIANA JONES
Right.

So that's waht I think could be done for panel layout on the second chapter. You can add some or take some.

Overall, it's cool. I've changed bit not because of your breakdown but to change the emphasis of scenes to get better acting shots.

lao che & sons

nice edits Junior Jones. I like what most of your changes. I also didn't get Mac's line: "hello love" I much rather would prefer your "it's all part of the service...":cool: anyways it seems like we're making some progress here. So what is the deadline? when is this coming out?

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
lao che & sons said:
nice edits Junior Jones. I like what most of your changes. I also didn't get Mac's line: "hello love" I much rather would prefer your "it's all part of the service...":cool: anyways it seems like we're making some progress here. So what is the deadline? when is this coming out?

At present we do not have a deadline due to it being a fan project and I do not want to excert any unecessary pressure on people. The idea was to publish the 'collective' as a 32 page plus artist jam and make it availabe through a short print run, price at cost and free cbr copy.

This thread is to be used as a showcase for talent and is non-profit.

lao che & sons

JuniorJones said:
At present we do not have a deadline due to it being a fan project and I do not want to excert any unecessary pressure on people. The idea was to publish the 'collective' as a 32 page plus artist jam and make it availabe through a short print run, price at cost and free cbr copy.

This thread is to be used as a showcase for talent and is non-profit.

Well, I realize this; however, it's always nice to set some sort of deadline. A deadline Makes it happen, it may add some stress but without a deadline it'll take forever to get done, due to the "I have time" philosophy:whip:

at least that's how I see it. Now, you're running this project, and if you don't want a deadline then that's fine, don't get me wrong. But I'm just giving my opinion. :gun:

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
lao che & sons said:
Well, I realize this; however, it's always nice to set some sort of deadline. A deadline Makes it happen, it may add some stress but without a deadline it'll take forever to get done, due to the "I have time" philosophy:whip:

at least that's how I see it. Now, you're running this project, and if you don't want a deadline then that's fine, don't get me wrong. But I'm just giving my opinion. :gun:

No, I think your right. Deadlines are good things to make sure the work does not go on indefinately but if your doing things on a volunteer basis it's hard to enforce.

The way I would see this project working is

- getting scripted pages for artists to do breakdowns on.
- once we have enough beakdown pages to fill a magazines worth we then assign those pages to the available artist. In the same way Marvel and DCs famine comics were done in the 80s.
- All finished art is submitted in digital form and colourised for the digital verison.

A good example of this is Zarzar, a 2000ad (British comic) tribute magazine. Here's the blog http://thequaequamblog.blogspot.com/

Having said that I would hope all the breakdown work to be agreed before the end of may.

monkey

WillKill4Food said:
Okay, I'm going to be the first to ask.

This is a question I've always wanted to know the answer to.

Why do you write fan fiction?!

Why use other people's characters to create stories when you could create your own? Many people who write fanfics are actually pretty talented, and would be much better off to try to let their work become famous for what it is, and not fall under the shadow of George Lucas.

But because they use the names and characters and themes of what they are fans of, their works are not original and never become famous.

George Lucas originally wanted to make a Flash Gordon film, but he couldn't, so he made Star Wars. And Star Wars was more successful. Imagine what the world of entertainment would be if Lucas had just made a low-budget Flash Gordon film, and Star Wars never came to be.

So instead of writing fan fiction, why don't you make your own characters and your own original stories and ideas, and then you may actually get renown for your work?

There, it's off my chest.

Very well said Willkill.

Personally I am moving on. Speaking for myself, I will write no more fan fiction. I think that fanfiction is great for someone to get started, but I think that if someone has enough confidence in their own writing ability, they should write their own stories.

Thanks for your post.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
monkey said:
Very well said Willkill.

Personally I am moving on. Speaking for myself, I will write no more fan fiction. I think that fanfiction is great for someone to get started, but I think that if someone has enough confidence in their own writing ability, they should write their own stories.

Thanks for your post.

Fair enough and good luck.

I feel that both you and willkill are missing the point. There are a whole range of reasons for getting involved in fan-fiction. This could be to learn the craft, understanding your ability, creating a portfillo or simple for the hell of it.

I didn't get into the original debate about fan-fiction vs professional works due to the feeling that this not the appropriate place for that debate and deserved it's own thread.

Yes, we can all be original but sometimes it nice to play with someone elses toys. Why would Michael Straczynski want to write Spider-Man, Frank Darobut do a screenplay for Indy or Morrisey do a cover of Moon River.

Sometimes it's not about the money, it's about the love.

tocksic

JuniorJones said:

Fair enough and good luck.

I feel that both you and willkill are missing the point. There are a whole range of reasons for getting involved in fan-fiction. This could be to learn the craft, understanding your ability, creating a portfillo or simple for the hell of it.

I didn't get into the original debate about fan-fiction vs professional works due to the feeling that this not the appropriate place for that debate and deserved it's own thread.

Yes, we can all be original but sometimes it nice to play with someone elses toys. Why would Michael Straczynski want to write Spider-Man, Frank Darobut do a screenplay for Indy or Morrisey do a cover of Moon River.

Sometimes it's not about the money, it's about the love.

Signed! :hat:

lao che & sons

monkey said:
Very well said Willkill.

Thanks for your post.

I also used to write fan fiction and have done 3 short fan films (actually 4) and I'm trying to move on, but other projects keep bringing me back to Indy for whatever reason. But fanfiction is a great motivation to start you off. I began screen writing, and filmmaking(y)

Junior Jones, I'm not quite getting this now. Is this the same comic with like fifty (sarcasm) different interpretations? For example is it the same story but with 3 artists breakdowns of the comic. Or do we all submit a breakdown and one is chosen to use for a comic? :confused:

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
lao che & sons said:
I also used to write fan fiction and have done 3 short fan films (actually 4) and I'm trying to move on, but other projects keep bringing me back to Indy for whatever reason. But fanfiction is a great motivation to start you off. I began screen writing, and filmmaking(y)

Junior Jones, I'm not quite getting this now. Is this the same comic with like fifty (sarcasm) different interpretations? For example is it the same story but with 3 artists breakdowns of the comic. Or do we all submit a breakdown and one is chosen to use for a comic? :confused:

No, you need to read through the thread to understand the evolution of this project.

But I will try to explain in a nutshell.

The original idea was to have an anthology of stories written and drawn by various people on the board - a fan comic collective.

Collective meaning many people.

This collective would be guided by myself and I would add art where appropriate.

Unfortunately, only few people expressed interest and that petered out because it was difficult getting artists on board.

I then resigned myself to the fact that if this project was to get off the ground the majority of artwork would have to be do by myself.

Dr Gonzo seemed willing so I began the process of adapting his script into comic script format, so that people can see the process.

The next stage was take the comic script and create layout/breakdowns, I would like this to be done collabratively but I imagine this will be done by myself.

Once we have the breakdown anyone can do the art as it is already map out and it will only be a case of them putting their own spin over the layout. We could have many people doing this, as an artist jam or just me and that may take a while.

So, no, this is one story. The story/script is being written by Dr Gonzo with comments from the board. Once we are happy with the script it goes to various artist to work on different sections of the layouts/breakdowns. This then brought to the board to discuss and agreed for the finished art.

The finished art is then produced by the artists in the same way the layouts and breakdown except the coloring and lettering is done separtely.

I would have liked a few different stories but this is where we are at.

I hope this makes sense.:D

Last edited:

Dr. Gonzo

First let me say that I will be writing another draft of "part two" based on the collective opinions of Lao and Junior Jones.

Secondly I want to express the need for more writers and artists as my story is going to be brief as expressed by Junior Jones and is shortly coming to a close. I don't know if I am interpreting this right, but I thought the proposed comic would be a collection of a few short stories combined into one comic book.

It was my understanding, as Junior has said already, that my collaboration with him was to get the ball rolling for other writers and artists. My thinking was also that people would begin to see the progression and come in with their own respective talents and pair up so we could have a comic full of a few short stories.

Is this the plan or am I mistaken?

Last edited:

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Dr. Gonzo said:
First let me say that I will be writing another draft of "part two" based on the collective opinions of Lao and Junior Jones.

Secondly I want to express the need for more writers and artists as my story is going to be brief as expressed by Junior Jones and is shortly coming to a close. I don't know if I am interpreting this right, but I thought the proposed comic would be a collection of a few short stories combined into one comic book.

It was my understanding, as Junior has said already, that my collaboration with him was to get the ball rolling for other writers and artists. My thinking was also that people would begin to see the progression and come in with their own respective talents and pair up so we could have a comic full of a few short stories.

Is this the plan or am I mistaken?

No, your not mistaken, that's the plan with the idea of everyone being able to be part of the process and be able to draw something personal from it.

Dr. Gonzo

Well I think that is just great...

So once again... HERE IS AN OPEN INVITATION TO ALL YOU ARTISTS AND WRITERS OUT THERE!!!! Lets make a fun idea turn into a fun comic book.

lao che & sons

OK, I get this, and I had read through the thread before this. So can I supply a script for another story? I've got 4 screenplays one of which was starting to be added on here but not finished written by Simon Uttley and 3 that I wrote. All 4 are around 12 or so pages a piece. I'll try to post below but If not than I'll need an email to send them to. if you like them you can have them I would LOVE to have my 3 made into comics and Simon's I would love to see in any form :cool:

lao che & sons

Indiana Jones and the Quest for the Peacock's Eye

#1 EXT. NIGHT. ESTABLISHING SHOT (WS) HAWAII JUNGLE
The sounds of animals fill the jungles of Niiau as two men walk through the overgrown plants to a Nazi campsite. They are Vladimir Van Hagen and a high ranking Nazi officer. The opening credits appear on the screen as they continue to walk.

HAWAII, 1937
Indiana Jones and “Buster” GORDON, a student of his, are tied up in a tent at an archeological dig site. Vladimir and the officer enter the tent.

CUT TO:
#2 INT. NIGHT. (MS) TENT

VLADIMIR
Indiana Jones, long time, no see.

Indy turns his head toward Vladimir.

INDIANA
I never thought I’d see you again.

GORDON
Dr. Jones, you know him?

INDIANA (To GORDON)
Vladimir and I were students at the University of Chicago. So yeah, you could say I know him.

VLADIMIR
Yes, my days at the University were some of my worst.

INDIANA
And some of my best.

VLADIMIR
Well Jones, you were found spying around the campsite. You obviously know what we’re in search for, correct?

Indy gives no reply.
VLADIMIR
We are close to finding the Eye of the Peacock, a diamond which will bring fame, fortune, and more fortune to any man who beholds its power. But you see Jones, only you and your friends know the secrets of the temple and how to get to the diamond in the first place. And you are going to help us.

INDIANA
What makes you say that?

VLADIMIR
Oh nothing. Except the fact that if you don’t your friend will die!

INDIANA(YELLING AT VLADIMIR)
That diamond belonged to Alexander the great! It belongs in a museum, NOT a bank!

The officer pulls a gun to Remy’s head.

VLADIMIR
You will help us Jones, I know you will.

CUT TO:
#3 INT. LATER NIGHT. (WS) ANCIENT TEMPLE
Indy, Remy, Jaques, Vladimir and some soldiers enter the temple. Indy is in front with plenty of guns pointed at him. He leads them in the heart of the temple a circular chamber with an extremely high ceiling.

INDIANA
There it is, the eye of the peacock.

Indy walks up getting ready to perform a clever stunt to get the diamond. Vladimir pushes Indy aside.

VLADIMIR
I don’t think so, Jones.

Vladimir walks up to the diamond and grabs it. Indy tries to stop him, but he’s too late.

INDIANA TO VLADIMIR
You fool!

VLADIMIR
What do you mean?
The pillars around the room begin to spin and push in towards the center of the room.

Indiana (to Vladimir, pointing at the pillars):
That’s what I mean!

Vladimir and the soldiers stand walking around, not knowing what to do.

INDIANA (TO GORDON)
Go, Go!

Indy pushes GORDON out of the room through a space between one of the pillars. Indy jumps out at the last second and tries to reach for the diamond. He can’t reach it so he pulls his hand back at the last moment, leaving Vladimir to be trapped. However, ones lucky soldier managed to escape. Outside of the chamber the all look at each other in disbelief.

INDIANA
Whao

GORDON
MY GOD
They begin to laugh. Until they see the soldier. Indy punches him in the jaw. Gordon kicks him down. The soldier falls on a trigger on the wall and to their surprise two spinning cylinders appear, one rising from the floor, the other lowering from the ceiling. Once they are locked in place they begin to move forward like a vacuum of death, any one who gets into it is crushed. The soldier gets plowed over and dies.

INDIANA
Run. RUN!

They all begin running until they reach outside.

CUT TO:
#4 EXT. EARLY MORNING. (MS) JUNGLE CAMP
They are now surrounded by soldiers. Gordon gets up with the soldiers and pulls a gun out on Indy and Remy.

INDIANA
Gordon!? You were my best student! After everything I did for you, THIS is how you pay me back

GORDON (TO INDY)
Sorry it had to end this way Dr. Jones.

INDIANA (SEE’S PLANE IN SKY) TO GORDON
Not as sorry as I am.

You can start to hear a large airplane in the distance and it’s getting louder.

GORDON (TO INDY)
What is that!?

Indiana (to Shorty):
It’s my getaway.

The Sea-Bi-Plane Begins to land in the nearby Ocean

GORDON
What!?

He turns around to see the plane as it begins to land

GORDON (SCREAMING)
KILL HIM!!!!

The soldiers start shooting at Indy. The bullets bounce in the dirt as Indy dodges them. The pilot, Jock Lindsay turns off the engines.

INDIANA (SCREAMING AT JOCK)
No, start the engines Jock! START THE ENGINES!!”

The plane starts back up. opens the door in the back and hops in, Indy gets in too.

GORDON(TO INDY)
Next time Dr. Jones, your luck will run out!

Indy Jumps into the plane.

#5 INT. EARLY MORNING. (MS) BI-PLANE.
Jock (bragging):
Bet’cha didn’t expect that one, ‘eh Indy?

INDIANA
Don’t get cocky Jock, it’s a long way to New York.

Plane flies off into the sunset.

ROLL CREDITS