I got a problem with them...

IndyJr.

I do love the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles (I own everyone on VHS) as a seperate from Trilogy series... but it being a prequel to Raiders, Doom and Crusade, I just can't see it!

Indy's just so different in the Young ones that it's basically unbeleivable. I do not see the connection between Sean's Indy and Harrison's Indy... Also I thought it was corny for Indy to meet about EVERY famouse person alive! And none of them seem to fit the Indy spirit! There's only a couple acheology episodes. The rest are horrible (in comparison to the Original Trilogy).

Attila the Professor

Staff member
I guess one part of the criticism I've never understood is how many people get into their eventual careers before college, even the smart ones, who often have many more options than what they eventually go with. Indy's a man of the world, often in a good way. That's the one thing that had to come from somewhere formed throughout his life, NOT the archaeology (which of course stems from an interest in world cultures and their interactions and development).

IndyJr.

Well back then it was easier to get a job... in 1907 most doctors were highschool graduates.

MissDefense

sarah navarro said:
i want to see them but i heard they suck:confused:

:D I love them on the contrary! So I'd say to you to see them.

Maybe we can suggest you some episodes,but I'm afraid they're not easily available.

I've not seen them in years, but I loved them as well and am looking forward to boxed set(s) as my old videos are in the NSTC format and I can't really watch them now that I live in London...

I've never had a problem seeing how the young man in the show could have grown into the character from the films. It always made sense to me. I agree with the idea of Indy meeting every other historical figure out there is a bit silly though. I can kinda see why they did it though if it was meant as an educational tool... :)

"i want to see them but i heard they suck"
You heard right....

I downloaded them all off eMule (Yay Canada!) and none of them survived more than one viewing...

IndyJr.

I've recently gone back to watch the episodes again (everyone I own, which is all of the VHS's except Mask of Evil)...

I'm finding that they are indeed actuallly great. sorry for my previous "opinion"... I was young when I last saw them and had a different opinion... now that I'm older my opinion has changed a bit.:hat:

IndyJr.

I guess so. (y)

I forgot how good they are...

They're all REALLY good...

my least favorites are Spring Break Adventure (that was midley good), Oganga, The Giver and Taker of Life (also midley good) and Hollywood Follies (which was also midley good)... wow... they're all good except those which are midley good. :p

:whip:

MissDefense

Hollywood and spring weren't the best I agree.But I do liked Oganga,the man did teach something to Indy.
Which ones you liked the most?
My favorite remains the Egypt/Mexico (kinda reminds me of Indy's future job) and the war/trench episodes.