The Lost Journal

WeAreGoingToDie

Journal Timeline Explaination & Review

Just picked up the journal, VERY excellent! If you're still considering a purchase, don't listen to those saying it's too short or looks like it's for kids. 160 full color pages are quite a lot, and the little touches such as elastic band, cover stitching and tattered and torn pages are very nice. I really enjoyed the fabricated objects of the era, such as matchbooks, fliers and clippings. While there are no loose objects (objects are printed on the page), I'm sure if they WERE loose the price of the journal would be MUCH higher. I give it a 5/5 :whip:

As for the discrepancy with Old Indy having a copy of journal in YIJ Chronicles while the Lost Journal lost its tattered cover ages ago and was just recovered, my theory is this:

Shortly after the events of TLC (1938), Indy's journal was becoming to tattered and worn to continue to be used. So he removed a majority of his early years (leaving select pages in the Lost Journal for reasons of his own) and rebound them in a replacement journal that resembled his old journal and kept it safe for later studies and recounting memories. This replacement journal is what was seen in the YIJC. The lost journal was rebound in a journal reminiscent of his fathers diary, complete with a signature on the cover and elastic band. This journal continued to be written in and used up until 1957 when obtained by the soviets. Sometime in the 1990's the diary was returned to Dr. Jones and he returned the early years pages (1908-1918) to the replacement YIJ journal. ;)

Stoo

The Tingler said:
Once you see how pathetic it is you'll leave it on the shelf too.
You're nuts!:p Just bought it today and LOVE it!(y) Recommended reading.
It's crammed with stuff and I'll be poring over this one for awhile.

tupogirl

Border's had a (rare) 40% off coupon and since I had extra gas money from a failed girl's road trip...I bought it.

I love it, I love it, I love it! So glad I listened to WeAreGoingToDie!!!

WeAreGoingToDie

tupogirl said:
Border's had a (rare) 40% off coupon and since I had extra gas money from a failed girl's road trip...I bought it.

I did the same with the 40% off coupon! Glad you took the advice tupogirl. :whip:

I find myself flipping through the journal while watching the theatrical/YIJ movies, its a fun companion to the films.

tupogirl

WeAreGoingToDie said:
I did the same with the 40% off coupon! Glad you took the advice tupogirl. :whip:

I find myself flipping through the journal while watching the theatrical/YIJ movies, its a fun companion to the films.

Woohoo!! I keep going through and showing things to my husband, who is being nice and polite about the whole thing, lol. I had to show stuff to the kids too. They are not quite on the bandwagon yet.

LawgSkrak

Bought this today at WalMart for 20 dollars Canadian.

Haven't had a chance to read the whole thing, but it looks VERY interesting.

Worth the money to me. :)

Nurhachi1991

I just got this today its freaking great! I have always wanted a grail diary and this is the closet thing I will get!

The full picture of Willie with her autograph is just fantastic

Nurhachi1991

Why did Indy not write about his father and Marcus dying? You think that would be a major thing to happen in his life

Also not one picture of Marcus?

martinland

Nurhachi1991 said:
I have always wanted a grail diary and this is the closet thing I will get!
You do know they made one (about 60 pages) as part of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - The Graphic Adventure?
You may find floppy disk versions of the game including the diary relatively cheap on that *bay place... (y)

Montana_Jones

This was a fun read for $25.
I should look for a complete floppy version of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Should be great playing it again on ScummVM.

Michael24

My copy of The Lost Journal arrived today. I've only thumbed through it at the moment, but it looks great. I like Indy's comment about Willie: "I could go to New Delhi and back in the time it probably took her to do her hair..." I also cracked up at Indy's list of Willie's pros and cons, with "Speaks her mind" listed under both. LMAO!!

I also love how Short Round got ahold of the journal and made his own entries, like his sketches of Willie screaming and his note saying "This is Willie. She is really loud. I like it better when just me and Dr. Jones." :D

Michael24

Nurhachi1991 said:
One question though why does it talk about FOA but not IM?
That is curious. I think it also leaves out Temple of the Forbidden Eye, which I was hoping it would include.

Indy_Chic

Just got my copy yesterday and I love it! Especially Shortie's sketches about Willie, and burning Indy with fire LOL! :D

Nurhachi1991

Yeah Temple of the Forbidden eye would have been cool!

Im using my Journal as a year book because I do not have 100.00 to spend on one :rolleyes: just the back brown pages with nothing on them

Man With A Hat

Hi all,

Apologies if this is in another thread, but I couldn't find it. I was wondering, the diary Indy leafs through in KoTCS is his, not his dad's, correct? If so, what did it contain, and has anyone seen enough to make a replica yet?

Again, sorry..this is my 2nd post.