• Donovan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vogel

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Kazim

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Wu Han

Votes: 35 24.8%
  • Other (Either my choice wasn't listed, or I don't care that they all died)

Votes: 13 9.2%

• Total voters

Jordana

I voted Belloq because he's a great villain with layers and a considerable amount of sympathy (mainly stemming from his protective attitude towards Marion)...also, there's the whole being-Indy's-reflection thing, which no other villain has really managed. I would have loved to see them match wits again in another installment.

Also, I have a crush on him ;)

If there was a second choice, I'd have picked Elsa, for many of the same reasons - not that I have a crush on her per se, but she was also a villain who wasn't just pure evil but had enough good in her to make me feel sad when she died. They always kill the best bad guys/girls off :(

RaideroftheArk

I say the Cairo Swordsman. Here comes this guy showing Indy his awesome sword skills as if saying "hey check this out, I'm really good with a sword, I'd be really good in helping you get your girlfriend back from those thugs" and Indy shoots the guy!!! :confused:

What the heck? He didn't do anything wrong! :gun:

DocWhiskey said:
Gotta save 'ol Wu Han. Poor guy, never saw it comin'.

eh, he gave up the gun, what a jerk! If he had gone down gun blazin, fine...but he went out like a nancy girl!

Belloq or Elsa, both were opportunists but Belloq was a better foil, the coward who would die a thousand deaths!

:dead:

Team Indy

Kingsley said:
Interesting Poll!

Belloq.
He was a too good counterpart to Indy to die so soon in the franchise. I think he would have been above Marion, Henry, Sallah or Abner as a shocking return in Indy 4, if that could have been possible.

I agree with this. That would've been fantastic! Not only would Indy have to defeat both Belloq and Irina, Belloq and Irina would be at odds with each other!

Nazis vs. Soviets vs. American adventurists? What more could you want?

Col. Detritch

I chose Colonel Deitrich!... Guess why!
But really I think he deserved a little more than what he got. That's why I love the original mine cart chase in Raiders so much, 'cause he got an action sequence. It might have alsom been a nice Idea to bring him back in the next on, to avenge his cause, even though ToD was a prequel (just a thought). I felt his death was over Shadowed by Belloq and Toat's

I didn't chose Belloq or Toat or Vogel ect. because there death were way to badass!!:cool: Plus the main villain must die! (Its an unwritten rule):hat:

Zeppelin

I picked Wu Han. I always thought it was a bit sad that they introduced him only to have him die about two minutes later. I could possibly say the Kali victim as well, just for moral reasons.

Elsa...no. She deserved what she got. Toht was great, of course, but his death is so memorable there's no way I would change it.

Indy Byrd

I also voted for Elsa, but it was hard not to vote for Wu Han. I voted for Elsa because I felt for her in a weird twisted way. She was torn in between what was right and wrong. She knew helping Indy was right, but it was like she wanted to go with the powerful people (Donovon and the Nazis), which was wrong.

A new thought came into this....what if Elsa was scared to cross Donovan and the Nazis? Did they have her parents in a camp andforced her to help? We may never know the truth as to why Elsa kept switching sides from good to bad.

And a final thought, it would have taken Indy longer to find the location of the second marker if Elsa hadn't helped him find it!! And Wu Han had his moments in the video game "Emperor's Tomb"! (y)

JCC1004

ClintonHammond said:
None of the above...

They all deserved their fate
Seriously? Kazim and Wu Han are Indy's allies. They did killed off a lot of good villans too soon.:( Elsa is a little iffy but she did stop Donny. The 3 seats in the Ford Tri-Motor for orginally for Indy, Shorty, and Wu Han. I'm torn between Kazim and Wu Han for allies. Kazim tried to kill Indy but wasn't sure what he was soing. As for enemies Belloq would have been a good one to keep for another moive.

Last edited:

lao che & sons

I went with wu han. He seemed like a great guy and was the only person on there who didn't at one time try to kill or go against indiana jones :D :gun:

Col. Detritch

Elsa... she deserved it!

Think abaout it; she deserved it more than most of the villians. Why? Simple, she was warned "Don't cross the great seal!" And what did she do...

I mean Donovan (even though he was evil) was tricked by Elsa to drink from the wrong cup. He didn't question her judgment because, one, they were allied and two, she was an expert (In any sence of the word).
Belloq, Dietrich and Toat didn't know the ark would kill them for their evil (No villain thinks they are evil).
Mola Ram, actually deserved it; he knew what he was doing.;)
Irina had no idea that her request would back fire on her in a twisted ironic sence like that of a genie!:)

I rest my case!:hat:

kongisking

Belloq's my pick, because he is the closest thing the Indy franchise has ever had to a recurring villain/arch-nemesis. Star Wars has Darth Sidious, Lord of the Rings has Sauron, Harry Potter has Lord Voldemort, James Bond has Ernst Blofeld, G.I. Joe has Destro and Cobra Commander, etc. This is the only area in which I think the Indy movies failed: in giving Indy a consistent adversary.

Gustav

Oh come on! Why would more people save Elsa than Wu Han? I have sympathy for Elsa but she totally had it coming.