The Adventures of Tintin

TheMutt92

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/f3Xwta_XIJo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mungi

kongisking said:
I'm just excited to see another Spielberg-directed adventure film. Who knows, if he has tons of fun making this, he'll want to focus on Indy 5?

Now it looks like we are gonna have another great adventure with Harrison Ford this year, followed by another great adventure from Steven Spielberg.:)

indy4242

So little information for three years and now all of a sudden two posters and a trailer? I can't savor it! :D

It looks amazing so far. A great combination of Herge and photoreal CGI. Tis going to be awesome.

RedeemedChild

I hadn't really been following the production of this movie because I had no idea what Tin Tin was but that trailer changes everything for me personally.

The Adventures of Tin Tin is going to be a movie to change animation once and for all. Tin Tin looks like a cross and combination between Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Caribbean, Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader, Disney's Up and Sony PlayStation's Uncharted albeit Drake is a boy not a man. That trailer is SPECTACULAR!

fenris

I've been a fan of Tintin since I was a kid. I even had ALL the comic books... too bad I left 'em all at my ex-girlfriend's house (together with my complete Asterix collection).

I know there was a cartoon once. It used to air once a week on a local channel over here.

I wonder if all the characters are there... I do see in the trailer the bumbling twins. I wonder if Capt. Haddock and Prof. Calculus would be in the movie?

kongisking

I had heard of Tintin as a kid, and vaguely remember seeing a few episodes of a cartoon show about him. I grew up, and pretty much forgot about him...until I heard a few years ago that Spielberg and Jackson (ahem, 'scuse me, Lord Jackson :p ) were co-making a feature-length movie of Tintin. That was when I first got excited, but we went a looooong time without much news or marketing of the movie, and I started to wonder if it had been dropped. Thank God for this poster and trailer. Can't wait. (y)

fenris

It should be a standard that all movies open worldwide at the same time so that pirates won't be able to film the movie and sell pirated DVDs or upload to the net before the movie opens in certain countries.

Dr. Gonzo

RedeemedChild said:
I hadn't really been following the production of this movie because I had no idea what Tin Tin was but that trailer changes everything for me personally.

The Adventures of Tin Tin is going to be a movie to change animation once and for all. Tin Tin looks like a cross and combination between Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Caribbean, Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader, Disney's Up and Sony PlayStation's Uncharted albeit Drake is a boy not a man. That trailer is SPECTACULAR!
Change animation once and for all?
curious...
Isn't that going a bit too far overboard?

Forbidden Eye

Dr. Gonzo said:
Change animation once and for all?
curious...
Isn't that going a bit too far overboard?

Yeah, how is this any different to what Robert Zemeckis has been doing for the past few films of his?

Frankly, I think this looks ugly as most motion capture does. The fact Spielberg is directing it isn't really raising my hopes that much.

The Man

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YEj3UsAl0K8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

RedeemedChild

I cannot wait to watch this movie in 3D in IMAX and on these new Sony 3D televisions!

Tin Tin looks as if it's going to revive all the goodness and nostalgia I've been having over Indiana Jones. Hopefully, now that they've got the ball rolling with these Adventures of Tin Tin movies perhaps it will encourage Steven Spielberg and George Lucas to come together and make an animated television series out of Indiana Jones. Oh, I pray.

AndyLGR

I went to see this last night. The animation is first class and the performances come off as almost life like. It looks fantastic. The 3d works very well and its obvious the film was intended for 3d and not a crappy conversion like Clash of the Titans for instance.

The story and flow of the film have obvious Indiana Jones similarities and maybe this is why I liked the movie, and it rattles along nicely. The action scenes, particularly the chase in Morocco are good and John Williams score adds to the feature, much as he did on the original Indy trilogy.

When the film ended with the obvious leaving open for a sequel, I immediately thought I hope they do a second one, which I think is a good sign for how much I enjoyed the film.

But whilst watching it I couldnt help but wonder if there is scope in the future to use a younger version of Harrison Ford in a similarly animated Indy movie?

emtiem

Saw it last week; bloody loved it. Thrilling, very funny, full of wit and invention and lovely to look at and listen to. A proper adventure film which all ages can love. Tintin himself is a little do-goody as heroes go, but everyone around him is so characterful that that doesn't matter. Pleasingly they don't attempt to make him any more 21st century-friendly: he's still a boy detective who packs a pistol and a mean right hook.
Spileberg is way back on the case with this one: it's the sort of form he wasn't quite in with Crystal Skull- there's loads of clever directorial ideas and great jokes that the old Indy films were full of and the last was lacking in slightly; so seeing he can do it here makes Indy 4 feel a bit of a missed opportunity. There's even a bit of business with a line of gunpowder being fought over which I recognised from the Monkey King script for Indy 3.
Spielberg's so good here that he manages to out-do all four Pirates of the Caribbean films with just one short flashback sequence! It's amazing. And the Morrocan set-piece is pure genius: funny, exciting and jaw-dropping all in one. That said, the camera rarely stops moving, which doesn't always feel very Spielberg. There's a lovely bit of machine gun death through a door towards the beginning that feels like a vintage Indy-style death, though! Very stylish.

It does tail off slightly towards the end, so much so that the climax doesn't quite feel climactic enough, but the whole film has been so great up until then that that doesn't matter. Not perfect, but I'm desperate for another immediately! Looks lovely in 3D too.

RedeemedChild

I just read that the film has crossed the $200 Million mark in the international earnings. I simply hope the film will do just as well here in the United States though even if it doesn't I'm sure that Peter Jackson and Spielberg will move foward with a sequel. I only hope it doesn't take until 2014 before they start production seeing as Jackson is working on The Hobbit in earnest and Spielberg will be busy with Gods and Kings which I'm also looking forward to as well.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to The Adventures of TinTin opening here in the States in December. To bad, they won't move the release date up a bit. Now if only they would start a good promotional campaign to get the word out for the movie. They don't really show enough TV spots and trailers. All I see advertised on television is that AWFUL Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol rubbish. It would also help if they'd reboot the TinTin comics with a more catchy art style drawn by someone like Joe Madureira of 'The Avenging Spider Man' or Filipe Andrade of 'John Carter A Princess of Mars'.