TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Indy Literature
User Name
Password

Old 06-03-2008, 06:57 PM   #101
Violet

Location: The Host City of the 2018 Commonwealth Games, Australia
I've got the standard cover. Couldn't find any of the other covers. All in all, it was a good commemorative edition, and would be a good introduction to anyone who hasn't seen the other films as it certainly sums up everything. In which case, there was very little new things I found out about in this issue. The only new stuff was really the concept art, one photo, the miniatures and the interview with the special fx supervisor.

It also leaves me wondering in future issues, how things will be divided into sections, and if it will end up like the SW mag where they have a trading post section, a letters to the editor section and a community page (eg like Bantha Tracks) and if there'll ever be anything I don't know being in the magazine to be worth the dollars I pay for (the magazine costs $15 down here, which is pretty darn expensive in comparison to SW and Empire mags).
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 09:39 PM   #102
Crack that whip
IndyFan

I just received it today alongside The Complete Making of Indiana Jones, and I do think there's enough here to warrant getting both, though there is definitely some overlap.
Crack that whip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 04:23 PM   #103
Michael24
IndyFan

Well, I finally got a copy yesterday. Of all places, my mom found about thirty of them at Costco, so she grabbed one for me. I hope #2 is easier to find. The ad at the back says it comes out June 22. I wonder how many issues there will be total.
Michael24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 04:35 PM   #104
ReggieSnake
IndyFan

I just picked up a copy at Barnes & Noble yesterday. Haven't had a chance tp read all the way through it yet but it looks like it has some great pictures, even if much of the info is old news.
ReggieSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 09:13 PM   #105
Lao_Che
IndyFan

Which interviews aren't in the Complete Making?
Lao_Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:42 AM   #106
deckard24
IndyFan

Has anybody ordered the magazine subscription? If so, I'm wondering if you've got either of the two special 100 page issues they mention in the first mag? I'm curious if those will only be sold in stores or by subscription?
deckard24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:03 PM   #107
Agent Z
IndyFan

I hate posting temp eBay links, but for those of you who want issue #1 and are having trouble finding it, check this auction out.
Agent Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:12 PM   #108
Lao_Che
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckard24
Has anybody ordered the magazine subscription? If so, I'm wondering if you've got either of the two special 100 page issues they mention in the first mag? I'm curious if those will only be sold in stores or by subscription?

I believe issue 1 is one of the special issues.
Lao_Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 06:40 PM   #109
Crack that whip
IndyFan

Question

The front page of TheRaider.net reports today that the second issue is out. Where's the first? I have received a copy I ordered as part of a larger shipment from the online Indy shop, but my subscription copy has yet to arrive...
Old 06-18-2008, 09:43 PM   #110
Goonie
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crack that whip
The front page of TheRaider.net reports today that the second issue is out. Where's the first? I have received a copy I ordered as part of a larger shipment from the online Indy shop, but my subscription copy has yet to arrive...

Try Walmart. It was the only place around here that had issue #1.
Goonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 01:17 PM   #111
Crack that whip
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goonie
Try Walmart. It was the only place around here that had issue #1.

Great, but aside from my having avoided shopping at Wal-Mart for a couple years now, the thing is I've already paid for the first six issues - I ordered a subscription from the publisher. I also already have the first issue anyway; I ordered a copy of it along with some other stuff from the online Indy store, so I got one copy when that order arrived, and after placing that order I decided I'd like a subscription, so I ordered a subscription at the publisher's site. I'm just wondering where the subscriber copies are or when they're going to arrive, not how I can get a copy from anywhere of the first issue, which I do already have.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:06 PM   #112
Ignatius Stone
IndyFan

It's weird that the subscriber copies haven't yet arrived...
The newsstand editions for issue 2 are scheduled for June 24/25.
Probably yet another delay in Titan's publishing/shipping schedule.

Ignatius Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 04:11 PM   #113
TennesseeKorben
IndyFan

I'm a subscriber and got my first issue in the mail bout 2 weeks ago.
TennesseeKorben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 07:23 PM   #114
Crack that whip
IndyFan

Well, hm. Mine must have gotten lost in the mail... or perhaps my sub is supposed to start with #2. I'll have to look into this...
Old 06-20-2008, 01:47 AM   #115
Agent Z
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crack that whip
Well, hm. Mine must have gotten lost in the mail... or perhaps my sub is supposed to start with #2. I'll have to look into this...

Damn, that sucks...especially when you are shelling out the kind of money these mags are asking. I hope it all works out for you.

I picked up the first copy on eBay, just to get a chance to look it over first to see if it's something that I might want to subscribe to.

With the cost of Fangoria, Rue Morgue, Dr. Who Mag, and a ton of monthly comics, it's getting tougher and tougher to squeeze a new title in there.
Old 06-21-2008, 05:02 PM   #116
JimmyPSHayes
IndyFan

Well I just picked up issue #2 at a Meijers store. I have mixed feelings. The magazine is AWESOME!!! There's a great article on the Indiana Jones Marvel Comics-those are my favorite comics EVER!!!! The really SUCKY part is that we(comic book stores)are NOT getting the magazine next week, so thanks Titan for honoring your street date!
JimmyPSHayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 04:40 PM   #117
Goonie
IndyFan

The only place around here that had issue #1 was Walmart. Anybody happen to know when the Canadian Walmarts will be getting issue #2?
Goonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 05:54 AM   #118
Rhys135
IndyFan

In the UK edition of Issue 1 it states that the next issue should be with us on June 22nd, which is a Sunday which doesn't make much sense. Asked my local newsagent to order me a copy in, and they said that the release date for the second issue is the 17th of July.
Rhys135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 08:59 AM   #119
Ignatius Stone
IndyFan

Titan may be releasing the US edition two to three weeks before the UK one,
like they have started doing with Star Wars Insider.
Ignatius Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 11:13 AM   #120
Dene
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhys135
In the UK edition of Issue 1 it states that the next issue should be with us on June 22nd, which is a Sunday which doesn't make much sense. Asked my local newsagent to order me a copy in, and they said that the release date for the second issue is the 17th of July.
What?! Oh, FFS.

Thanks anyway -- saves me looking every day now. Very annoying indeed.
Dene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 12:56 PM   #121
phantom train
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyPSHayes
Well I just picked up issue #2 at a Meijers store. I have mixed feelings. The magazine is AWESOME!!! There's a great article on the Indiana Jones Marvel Comics-those are my favorite comics EVER!!!! The really SUCKY part is that we(comic book stores)are NOT getting the magazine next week, so thanks Titan for honoring your street date!

Thanks for the info. - I also loved the Marvel IJ series, so this has sold me on getting this issue. Though I haven't read all of them, I think the Marvel IJ comics are superior to anything Dark Horse has put out.

Anyway, I haven't see this mag. yet, but will look more thoroughly later this week.
phantom train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 03:42 PM   #122
James
IndyFan

Just picked this up at Barnes and Noble, and the price has been dropped down to $6.99.

There are a couple of KOTCS photos I'd never seen before, including:

-Indy accepting Spalko's hand at Area 51. (It appears as though he kissed it.)

-Indy watching Mac being held on the ground- but before the tire has been brought into frame.

-Mutt approaching the train station, and passing by the two KGB thugs in a parked car. Indy is visible in the background, walking around the train station.
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 03:31 AM   #123
Agent Z
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Just picked this up at Barnes and Noble, and the price has been dropped down to $6.99.

There are a couple of KOTCS photos I'd never seen before, including:

-Indy accepting Spalko's hand at Area 51. (It appears as though he kissed it.)

-Indy watching Mac being held on the ground- but before the tire has been brought into frame.

-Mutt approaching the train station, and passing by the two KGB thugs in a parked car. Indy is visible in the background, walking around the train station.

WOW!

Man, I'm telling you, the dvd better have the freakin' 8 hours of deleted scenes we have been teased with!
Old 06-26-2008, 06:42 AM   #124
FETT1
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goonie
The only place around here that had issue #1 was Walmart. Anybody happen to know when the Canadian Walmarts will be getting issue #2?

TRY CHAPTERS...it's there !...
FETT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 06:40 AM   #125
Rhys135
IndyFan

Just a heads up for UK fans. Got Issue 2 today
Rhys135 is offline   Reply With Quote