TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Collecting Indy
User Name
Password

Old 02-16-2008, 04:23 PM   #1
Michael24
IndyFan

my (small) collection

Don't have much to do today, so I thought I'd take some pics of what I have and share them.

The antidote vial I got off eBay a couple years ago and it's a tad different I believe, but still looks pretty good. The idol I got at San Diego ComiCon in 2005 and was something I had wanted for a long time, so it was very exciting to finally get one.

These were items I got in 2005 at Disneyland's 10th anniversary celebration for the Forbidden Eye ride. The Indy figure in the third picture was one I bought at Disneyland in about 2003, and there's a "Micro Indy" in the temple entrance in the first pic that I bought there as well.

I bought both of these at Disneyland during separate trips in the last few years. The little snowglobe plays a MIDI version of the "Raiders March" when you turn it on.

Finally, I bought this at Disneyland just this past October thinking it was a tie-in for the new film, but having seen how the skull in the film will apparently look, I'm guessing this is just a generic item and not something related to the film after all.

Anyway, there's my small collection. I also have posters for all three films, but don't currently have them up yet.
Michael24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 05:51 PM   #2
Perhilion
IndyFan

cool collection!
Perhilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 07:03 PM   #3
deckard24
IndyFan

Nice collection man! I like the little micro Indy in the temple enviroment!
deckard24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 09:04 PM   #4
Indy fan 235
IndyFan

Cool collection, thanks for sharing.
Indy fan 235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 04:52 PM   #5
Shemp
IndyFan

Nice collection! You should get the new Disney Indy, to add to your collection.
Shemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 06:38 PM   #6
Canyon
IndyFan

Location: Originally from the UK but now living in Pennsylvania, USA!!!
Michael, thanks for posting!

I love the crystal skull!
Canyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 02:55 AM   #7
Michael24
IndyFan

Thanks for the comments. I wish I had more, especially a Staff of Ra headpiece.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:23 AM   #8
tnswman
IndyFan

GREAT start my man!! Are you going to collect more toys or just props?

I got one of those skulls too LOL!
tnswman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 03:31 PM   #9
Michael24
IndyFan

I always seem to have limited space, so I have to be picky about what I collect. I'm not really one to just grab one of everything just to have it, so I only pick up certain items. I might get some more toys if I find ones I like, but I'd like to get more props, like the Ra headpieces, a Sankara stone, a Holy Grail, etc.
Old 02-18-2008, 04:59 PM   #10
The_Raiders
IndyFan

You say small collection? I just have a lego Indy, a custom 12 indy, 2 fedoras (black andwho knows what the name of the other color is ), and that's it.
The_Raiders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 05:00 PM   #11
Deckard
IndyFan

Nice collection Mike, I still need a skull myself.
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 05:26 PM   #12
Perhilion
IndyFan

I hope there will be a replica of the skull from the new movie.
Perhilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:51 PM   #13
The_Raiders
IndyFan

I think the crystal skull you have is a Nancy Drew thing. I think this because I was at the store today and decided to look in the electronic section and there was athing called "Nancy Drew and the legend of the Crystal Skull" there was a pic on the box that looked almost identical to yours.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:57 PM   #14
UltimateManGod
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Raiders
I think the crystal skull you have is a Nancy Drew thing. I think this because I was at the store today and decided to look in the electronic section and there was athing called "Nancy Drew and the legend of the Crystal Skull" there was a pic on the box that looked almost identical to yours.

It still is pretty cool though. He can display it as the skull from the Max McCoy books. I enjoyed those books. I thought it would be cool if Indy could reference the fact that he encountered that crystal skull in the film. Especially since they don't physically seem related. I was actually worried they would just rehash the same type of skull from the books and ignore the books entirely. Not anymore.
UltimateManGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 01:34 AM   #15
The_Raiders
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateManGod
It still is pretty cool though. He can display it as the skull from the Max McCoy books. I enjoyed those books. I thought it would be cool if Indy could reference the fact that he encountered that crystal skull in the film. Especially since they don't physically seem related. I was actually worried they would just rehash the same type of skull from the books and ignore the books entirely. Not anymore.

I didn't say it wasn't cool. I just said it looked like a picture of a crystal skull on a Nacy Dreww thing.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:43 AM   #16
UltimateManGod
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Raiders
I didn't say it wasn't cool. I just said it looked like a picture of a crystal skull on a Nacy Dreww thing.

I didn't want to accuse you of saying that. That was more my reaction to it being something from Nancy Drew. I wouldn't have expected something that worked so well as an Indy artifact and was pretty sweet to begin with would have come from a young female detective series. Pleasantly surprising.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:46 AM   #17
The_Raiders
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateManGod
I didn't want to accuse you of saying that. That was more my reaction to it being something from Nancy Drew. I wouldn't have expected something that worked so well as an Indy artifact and was pretty sweet to begin with would have come from a young female detective series. Pleasantly surprising.

lol. Yeah I've never read/heard of any Nancy Dreww stuff, for some reason i thought she was a reall person who wrote the Hardy Boys series!
Old 02-19-2008, 01:53 AM   #18
UltimateManGod
IndyFan

I used to have a couple Hardy Boys books I read once when I was younger, so I know who she is at least, but that was about it. I vaguely remember the books. They were alright. Now, I think I'll get some sleep. It's 2 am, and I have class at 8.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:09 AM   #19
The_Raiders
IndyFan

I'v only read one hardy boys book. I'm not a fan of them, the book was alright just not something I'd read. My little cousin on the other hand loves hardy boys books.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:28 PM   #20
Michael24
IndyFan

I loved The Hardy Boys Casefiles that were published in the '80s and early-90s. The boys were grown up and there was a slightly more mature edge to the stories sometimes involving terrorism and murder. Had some great entries.

I looked all over the Indy store at Disneyland for the skull, but finally found it in the adjacent shop nestled among a bunch of Pirates of the Caribbean merchandise.