Empire magazine Indy issue (May 2008, #227)

torao

Moderator Emeritus
I don't know what the story behind philce3k posting this at the spielbergfilms forum is but what he posted sure is exciting ...or at least hinting at exciting things to come:

indy1076.jpg

(I'm a bit puzzled that none has posted this yet. Hope I didn't miss anything)

Rhys135

Cool! Will pick it up for the free gift, but I'll probably hide the magazine away incase of spoilers!

Indy Smith

I remember the first time i bouth Empire Magazine was because it had Indiana Jones on the front cover and some cool Indy 4 News. This was back in 2001. I've been collecting it ever since then. And i had been waiting for Indiana Jones 4 since I first heard about it in 1999!

Look forward to reading this article tho

GlasgowChivas

on Saturday here in Scotland - sorry I don't have access to a scanner and am at work just now so you'll have to make do with my memories

The Indiana Jones Diaries is a free magazine which has all of the major players from the series writing their thoughts on the Indy experience. It includes writings from Ford, Speilberg, Lucas, Kasdan, Frank Marshall, John Williams, Burt, Michael Khan, Karen Allen too.

They ALL posed for photoshoots for the Diaries; Ford in his private hangar, Speilberg on the backlot of the studio - there is a quote from him in which he leaps onto the train for a picture - Let's see what the bloggers make of this! - impying that we'll overscutinise everything! Sheesh!

Lucas is posed with crates and the Ark in Skywalker Ranch - his hair is slicked back and he looks VERY SCARY.

It's a good read - but is very light on KOCS details, though Karen Allen says her first scene involved her and Harrison and "thrusting their bodies"!!!!!! - there are new pictures of Ford, Blanchett and Shia in character but apart from that it is more of a retro-spective on the Indy series from those involved in making it. Very good but I wanted new details dammit!!!

The actual magazine has a cover pic of Indy leaning on Mutt's shoulder and giving him a look like "Hey, we're cool guys ain't we" and Shia is standing with his hands in his pockets looking at Ford out of the corner of his eye saying " yeah we are" - though I'm a suscriber so I don't know if the regular magazines will have this cover.

Hopefully someone with a scanner can share the pics later.

Oh and there is a new pic from inside the warehouse in the actual mag - looks to be right before Blanchett leans in from the trailer as it is a wide, high shot looking down on Spalko who is flanked by Indy on her right and Mac on her left, around them is a semi-circle of soilders and behind them the trucks / cars from the trailer.

Last edited by a moderator: