Indy toy sightings...let the untruthful claims begin.

Crayfish

Well every time a new product that everyone is looking for is expected to arrive any day...you start to see all the reports of people finding them early....usually within any merit and with the claims being way outrageous.
Sure...we have people that have gotten stuff from overseas but your avergae run of the mill stores don't have them yet.

This was posted at another website I frequent:

http://www.toymania.com/toybuzz/messages/19170.shtml

I ran into a fellow collector this morning who told me he was shown a Indy figure by an Target employee at the Salem,MA store. The toy employee said that there is 4 pallets stacked in backroom. So the guy asked if he could purchase them and the employee said they are not in system yet. So he then asks what the street date is and the employee said he was not allowed to give out the 4-1-1.

While dishonesty is wrong...these do tend to give me a good laugh.

What are some of the OUTRAGEOUS claims you have heard?

JimmyPSHayes

No outrageous claims yet, but I can vouch that this guy is full of it. One of my best customers is a Target Toy team lead and he comes in 3 times a week and he said as of yesterday that they have NOT recieved anything yet.

tnswman

Well, As most of you know, I HAVE some of the figures IN HAND now... May have seen the pictures.

You should also know that I have SEEN with my own eyes that there ARE indeed cases of Indy figures arriving at stores now.

Does this do us any good? Nope? because the toys are not in the system yet so they can NOT be purchased. Now, the manager that showed me the cases is expecting them to be in the system by the 2nd week of april. Still, the cases are marked with the May 1st date. However, leaks happen all the time.

All I can say is that if you run into a case of these figures and want to risk trying to buy them, take a Star Wars figure with you. If you can convince the clerk that the SW and Indy figures are priced the same then you could get lucky.

I want to know WHY any of you would think that these toys would not be at the stores? They have to slowly build stock up for the release date. The Star Wars figures from the movies were at the stores for over 3 months before the release.

Remember, these come from China on a BOAT! So, they left China LOOOONG ago... A moth is NOTHING in terms of ocean travel time and they can NOT count on items making it to the stores if they do not ship items early.

inky_skin

barranca - be advised that play.com have pushed all their dates back - although they are still listed as shipping before the May 1st embargo. I've ordered a couple of items with them...so we'll see...

play does this all the time, they are constantly pushing back their release dates on all sorts of products. I woulnt take much notice of them.

Crayfish

tnswman said:
Well, As most of you know, I HAVE some of the figures IN HAND now... May have seen the pictures.

You should also know that I have SEEN with my own eyes that there ARE indeed cases of Indy figures arriving at stores now.

Tnswman, I am one of your biggest supporters and you know I have no ill feelings towards you so please don't take this the wrong way...I am just curious at what chain store you saw the stuff at. I know you got your stuff from overseas but I mean you said that you have seen the stuff in the back of a store....was it a major chain? I am just curious, because Target distribution centers in the USA as well as Wal-Mart distribution centers in the US and surrounding territories have not received their inventory. I found this out because, as you know, I am a member of the 501st (a Star Wars charity organization) and I handle a lot of our garrison's PR and have to talk to the main offices for special events so, I have talked to the corporate offices in Minneapolis, MN and Bentonville, AR (respectively) asking about release dates, possible promotions, etc. There are indeed NO SPECIAL EVENTS connected to the release through these stores AT THIS TIME...but Wal-Mart believed they would at least have dedicated space for the promotion (meaning more than just a few pegs).

That is why I called BS on that other guy's post. Are you allowed to even tell us which chain it is that has received their US shipment. Toys R Us? KB?

tnswman

I don't take it personally at all. Nor should you now.... However, YOUR information about a certain chain is WRONG!! Not only have the initial waves been sent to the stores, but one store in the midwest has the ENTIRE line and has even posted the photos to other stores for Plan-O-Grams.

Not to mention that it appears the Indy line is hitting the east coast stores stock-rooms 1st where the Iron Man was in the west.

The thing is, you HAVE to realize that it is up to the stores to hold back the stock. Distribution centers DO NOT hold the stock back. We are 1 month away from the release. Last year, The stores were leaking Transformer toys 2 months prior. This stuff was shipped out WEEKS to even 2 months ago from China ( I know that for a FACT!!). It takes WAY too much time to leave the process a month or less to be completed.

Now, do the stores have everything yet? NO!! they slowly build the stock up as Hasbro sends it to them.. However, 80-90% of the Indy product for the release is IN the USA and Hasbro HAS to get it distributed. When it can take 1 box of figures 2+ weeks to get from Hasbro to the shelves here in the USA, that is NOTHING when you realize that the ENTIRE line has to be ON SHELF in 1 month.

So, your information is WRONG! about one chain at least.

Crayfish

No offense taken. Just goes to show you that customer service is still traveling downhill. I have called stores before asking if they have something in stock and they said no but I had to go to the store for something else and actually found what I was looking for.

I am going to guess that you are talking about Wal-Mart. Am I right? Come on...let us in on the fun.

Wal-Mart actually has a "test store" in the midwest that is not open to the public. I don't know if it is a whole store or just a Wal-Mart Corporate sub-center (not the Corporate Office as it is in Bentonville, AR) It is where they set up mock displays to be the blueprint for the rest of the stores in America to go by. When "Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith" came out...it was about a month before toys went on sale that someone was able to get pictures of what the displays would look like and it was then when we were made aware of this "mock store".

If it is there...how about we see if any of us can find someone who has access to it and snap some pictures of the display. That would make a great scoop to The Raven.

Tnswman...you got any inside info on anyone who could do that?

tnswman

mattmanw54301 said:
You should post pics. or PM them to me.

I have posted enough pics of the figures and toys tha tI already have IN-HAND on here.. Look them up if you would like.

tnswman

Crayfish said:
No offense taken. Just goes to show you that customer service is still traveling downhill. I have called stores before asking if they have something in stock and they said no but I had to go to the store for something else and actually found what I was looking for.

I am going to guess that you are talking about Wal-Mart. Am I right? Come on...let us in on the fun.

Wal-Mart actually has a "test store" in the midwest that is not open to the public. I don't know if it is a whole store or just a Wal-Mart Corporate sub-center (not the Corporate Office as it is in Bentonville, AR) It is where they set up mock displays to be the blueprint for the rest of the stores in America to go by. When "Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith" came out...it was about a month before toys went on sale that someone was able to get pictures of what the displays would look like and it was then when we were made aware of this "mock store".

If it is there...how about we see if any of us can find someone who has access to it and snap some pictures of the display. That would make a great scoop to The Raven.

Tnswman...you got any inside info on anyone who could do that?

No, Not to that store.. That is the chain though..The Mock store has been high on security since the ROTS ordeal and since a few Gi-Joe items got to ebay from that store. It appears that K-Mart is going to have the items in-store before anyone since they are using their own outside distribution from china....The are going to be breaking down some cases like wal-greens / Rite-aid does for some items it appears.

A lot will come from Hasbro warehouses but K-mart is doing theor own thing too.

Last year, Transformers toys were on the shelf at K-Mart 2 months before the release...the same toys sit there today.

Regardless, we are a month away...That is NOTHING!! Just be checking those stores late at night or early in the morning... I know that I found the Zizzle POTC world's end figures 3 months early last year....I was able to buy the whole case myself with nobody looking at the street date.

Crayfish

Cool buddy. Hook me up if you find stuff you already have.;)

I have also noticed that Mattel and Zizzle do not enforce their street dates as strictly as Hasbro.

So I guess this opens back up the other topic I posted a couple of months ago.....what is your prediction on when we will get a verified report of someone finding something put out early.

I am going to predict (surprisingly) only about a week before the official release date.

The_Raiders

tnswman said:
No, Not to that store.. That is the chain though..The Mock store has been high on security since the ROTS ordeal and since a few Gi-Joe items got to ebay from that store. It appears that K-Mart is going to have the items in-store before anyone since they are using their own outside distribution from china....The are going to be breaking down some cases like wal-greens / Rite-aid does for some items it appears.

A lot will come from Hasbro warehouses but K-mart is doing theor own thing too.

Last year, Transformers toys were on the shelf at K-Mart 2 months before the release...the same toys sit there today.

Regardless, we are a month away...That is NOTHING!! Just be checking those stores late at night or early in the morning... I know that I found the Zizzle POTC world's end figures 3 months early last year....I was able to buy the whole case myself with nobody looking at the street date.

K-mart, we don't have a K-mart here (n) what about target, do you know anything about them? We are getting a new target very soon.

Found the pics. Nice!!!
I found the Zizzle POTC world's end figures 3 months early

OMG you collect Zizzle Pirates too?!?! It's like we collect all the same stuff!!! SW, Gi Joe, Pirates!!! Do you have your Pirates figs on display? I would love to see those.

Nurhachi1991

I have almost every single zizzle pirates of the caribbean figure i have at least 200 figures if anyone is interested in any figure let me know

just to name a few

Maccus

Barbossa

Clanker

Canibal King Jack Sparrow

let me know :)

Dr. Indy Jones

Nurhachi1991 said:
I have almost every single zizzle pirates of the caribbean figure i have at least 200 figures if anyone is interested in any figure let me know

just to name a few

Maccus

Barbossa

Clanker

Canibal King Jack Sparrow

let me know :)

Hey, I collect them too, lol. Which Barbossa do you have? Let's see, I'm still missing the ones you listed, lol. Would you trade? Sell? or what? Please let us know (y)