ROTLA, most quotable movie, waht's your favorite

The_Raiders

I searched to see if ROTLA had a thread like this, since TOD and LC do, and didn't find one so I figured I'd make one :p What's your favorite lines, mine would be,

"Good evening, fraulein."

"We.. heh.. we are, not thirsty"

"Hahah, sonofa****"

"I'm afraid we must be going now Dr.Jones, our prise is awaited in Berlin, but I do not wish to leave you in that aweful place, all alone."

"How hard did ya try?"

"Did't you guys ever go to sunday school?"

"Where are you going?!" "Trough that wall"

So what's your favorite quots from ROTLA? :hat:

EvilDevo

"Truck!? What TRUCK?"

"I don't know, I'm making this up as I go."

"Dr. Jones. I've heard a lot about you, sir. Your appearance is -exactly- the way I imagined..."

"Asps. Very dangerous. You go first!"

MattJones

I'm a bit partial to Rene's "You chose the wrong friends" line. But I still have to say that "Hahaha... son of a *****" and "Top. Men." rank up there.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
"I see your taste in friends remains consistent" is just phenomenal writing, dependent on having caught the "you chose the wrong friends" line mentioned above.

Also...

"It's beautiful!!!"

"Good God."
"Yes, that's just what the Hebrews thought."
[Indeed, the entire scene with Jones, Brody, Eaton, and Musgrove is some of the best written and played exposition I've ever seen. The flow is magnificent, and the chemistry between the actors, particularly Ford and Elliot, is to be admired. Though, let it be said, the Indy films get the exposition right all across the board.]

MattJones

Attila the Professor said:
[Indeed, the entire scene with Jones, Brody, Eaton, and Musgrove is some of the best written and played exposition I've ever seen. The flow is magnificent, and the chemistry between the actors, particularly Ford and Elliot, is to be admired. Though, let it be said, the Indy films get the exposition right all across the board.]

My favorite scene of all time is the exposition scene in LC.

Also, I want to add "Bad Date" to my list of quotes.

metalinvader

"It's a date.You eat them!"

"The Ark. If it is there, at Tanis, then it is something that man was not meant to disturb. Death has always surrounded it. It is not of this earth."

"I hate snakes, Jock. I hate 'em."

"You and I are very much alike. Archeology is our religion, yet we have both fallen from the pure faith. Our methods have not differed as much as you pretend. I am but a shadowy reflection of you. It would take only a nudge to make you like me. To push you out of the light."

Hell,That whole scene with Belloq and Indy at the bar is another well written piece.

" Where did you get this - from him?"
" I was trying to escape!"
" How hard where you trying?"

Even in extreme circumstances, Indy's jealousy and insecurities regarding the snake like Belloq shine through.

stunrun

Well, considering the bar scene from Raiders' is my favorite from the franchise, i'll pick out my best bit of dialogue from it - plenty of rich dialogue to choose from in this scene alone ;)

Rene Belloq: "How odd that it should end this way for us after so many stimulating encounters. I almost regret it. Where shall I find a new adversary so close to my own level?"

Indiana Jones: "Try the local sewer."

CLASSIC

stunrun

Attila the Professor said:
Though, let it be said, the Indy films get the exposition right all across the board.]

Indeed. When it's well written and portrayed, and you watch it for the first time, you get a comfortable flow which you can sit back and not criticize - and your not looking for flaws i usually find. I love how it manages to switch between all four characters and not loose it's pace. Superb!

Crusade>Raiders

"I don't know, I'm making this up as I go."

If there is one line in the entire series that describes Indiana Jones, its that one. He seems to be just as suprised as we the audience are that he survives every encounter. He's not like Neo(the sequels version) or John Rambo, escaping and destroying the oppostion with relative ease. He seems screwed all the time in the original trilogy, whether its because the opponent is more powerful than him, outnumber him, or he's just on the wrong side of the game board. He just happens to have the biggest amount of luck this side of John McClane, and it makes his confrations more exciting.

That one part in the begining where he jumps the gap and grabs the vine and laughs, only to have the vine slip a second later is probably the one scene that defines Indy. You can tell he like "Damn, I can't believe that worked!", only to have the carpet pulled from underneath his feet.

Raider Indy

Satipo: "The Hovitos are near...Poison's still fresh, three days...they're following us!"

Toht: "We meet again, fraulein...you Americans, you're all the same...Always over-dressing for the wrong occasions."

Belloq: "Jones? JONES!!!???"
Indy: "I'm gonna blow up the Ark, Rene!"
Belloq: "Your persistance surprises even me...you're gonna give mercenaries a bad name..."
Dietrich: "Doctor Jones...surely you do not think that you can escape from this island..."
Indy: "That depends on how reasonable we're all willing to be, all I want is the girl!"
Dietrich: "If we refuse?"
Indy: "Then your Fehrur has no prize!"
Belloq: "Okay back up, back up...Okay Jones...you win! Blow it up..."
*The Nazi's try to step back in, but Belloq takes one of their rifles and wields it, keeping them at bay, shouting in German.*
Belloq: "Yes BLOW IT UP! Blow it back to God...All your life has been spent in pursuit of archeaological relics. Inside the Ark are treasures beyond your wildest aspirations. You want to see it open as well as I...Indiana...We are simply passing through history. THIS...this IS History. Do as you will..."

Indy: "Marion...Don't look at it...Shut your eyes, Marion, don't look at it no matter what happens..."

Driftwoodv.7

"He was good... he was very, very good."

"Too bad the Hovitos don't know you the way I do, Belloq."
"Yes, you could warn them, if only you spoke Hovitos."

Indy Byrd

Indy and Marion on the ship

One of my favorites from ROTLA has to be the exchange between Indy and Marion on the Bantu Wind.

Marion: "You're not the man I knew ten years ago."
Indy: " It's not the years, honey, it's the milage."

And when she is trying to help him clean up and he kepps telling her to leave him and he keeps saying "Ow!"

Marion: "Well god**** it Indy, where doesn't it hurt!"
and Indy starts pointing to places and she kisses them. I love that chemistry in the exchanges between Indy and Marion in ROTLA and as well as KOTCS. Glad Speilberg and Lucas brought her back.