NY Times Article, or: why everything Spielberg says lately sounds sooo RIGHT?

Kingsley

A short but nice article in the NY Times...

Indiana Jones and the Savior of a Lost Art

And there, again, Spielberg says words that encourage me to think he nailed the right tone for this movie.

“The idea is, there’s no illusion; what you see is what you get. My movies have never been frenetically cut, the way a lot of action is done today. That’s not a put-down; some of that quick cutting, like in ‘The Bourne Ultimatum,’ is fantastic, just takes my breath away. But to get the comedy I want in the Indy films, you have to be old-fashioned. I’ve studied a lot of the old movies that made me laugh, and you’ve got to stage things in full shots and let the audience be the editor. It’s like every shot is a circus act.”

“John Williams and I have a word we use when we have something we think the audience will love. Maybe it’ll be a little over the top, and we ask each other, ‘Are we being too shameless?’ In a way I think we’ve both grown kind of proud of being shameless.”
I will add something he said in EW recently...
There's a line that was thematic for me, and it's not a line that's actually in the movie. And it illustrates why I was comfortable letting Harrison age 18, 19 years. In the first movie, he says, ''It's not the years, sweetheart, it's the mileage.'' Well, my whole theme in this movie is, It's not the mileage sweetheart, it's the years.
When a guy gets to be that age and he still packs the same punch, and he still runs just as fast and climbs just as high, he's gonna be breathing a little heavier at the end of the set piece. And I felt, Let's have some fun with that. Let's not hide that.
... and Cate Blanchett talking about him...
"Look, he's an absolute master. He knows the genre like the back of his hand, and he makes fantastic suggestions. He's really fast and incredibly creative. Like, if a shot's not working, he'd completely change it and do something equally as amazing.

It seems he can do no wrong with Indy 4. He sounds confident, and excited, and as he has enjoyed the ride a lot.
It's a contrast with Lucas and his contradictory expressions about the movie...
It's just a movie. Just like the other movies... You're not going to get a lot of accolades doing a movie like this. All you can do is lose.

Am I giving Spielberg a higher value than he has?
Well, maybe this other thread serves as a good balance... Complacency?