Whatever became of the Headpiece to the Staff or Ra?

NLogan

Yeah I was bored and can't sleep and just watched it again. It definitely shows the headpiece still on the staff upright behind Indy when he is writing in his notes and wipes the sweat from his brow. The next shot it shows him carrying the staff with no headpiece and then he switches it in his hands very briefly showing both ends before snapping it and dropping it. He must have pocketed it or stowed it safely in his bag off screen.

graz

NLogan said:
Yeah I was bored and can't sleep and just watched it again. It definitely shows the headpiece still on the staff upright behind Indy when he is writing in his notes and wipes the sweat from his brow. The next shot it shows him carrying the staff with no headpiece and then he switches it in his hands very briefly showing both ends before snapping it and dropping it. He must have pocketed it or stowed it safely in his bag off screen.

Definitive answer there I think! I must pay attention nest time...:p

kongisking

Violet Indy said:
No idea. I've always wondered about that too. My guess is he either gave it back to Marion as it was her father's and she did inherit it or she didn't care and they gave it to Brody for the museum. Maybe the government took it off them as well. They knew about the headpiece.

Yeah! I can totally imagine the Headpiece being in Area 51 too! After all, there are millions of crates...:cool:

Maybe Indy 5 should start with Indy sneaking back into the Hangar to try and steal back the Ark and the Headpiece...:p

(I was just kidding, BTW...) Don't panic...:rolleyes:

Dr Bones

It was now useless scrap gold as the ark was found so he gave it back to Marion...who gave it to Mutt...who gave it to his son Pup who sold it on Ebay for $50.:p

Is it me or is the nickname Mutt (Indy was the dog/lucas's real dog etc) just plain cheese?

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Dr Bones said:
It was now useless scrap gold as the ark was found so he gave it back to Marion...who gave it to Mutt...who gave it to his son Pup who sold it on Ebay for $50.:p

Is it me or is the nickname Mutt (Indy was the dog/lucas's real dog etc) just plain cheese?

Lol. Actually his son's name is Spike.... Well, that's the conspiracy anyway (check out the Old Indy Chronicles in the YIJC threads).

kongisking said:
Yeah! I can totally imagine the Headpiece being in Area 51 too! After all, there are millions of crates...

Maybe Indy 5 should start with Indy sneaking back into the Hangar to try and steal back the Ark and the Headpiece...

(I was just kidding, BTW...) Don't panic...

Well, since they had changed it in the final film (he does see it in the books) to the audience seeing it and not Indy, that door is closed (personally would have liked to see Indy's reaction). But how tiny would the crate be??? It certainly wasn't in the same crate as the Ark....

So I guess there's two possibilities now: Marion or the Museum. I can so imagine a Old Indy bookend for Raiders ala Curse of the Jackal!!! :p

Saber79

Interesting. I have a feeling he stuffed back into his satchel, where it stayed until he disguised himself as the Nazi...did he leave his clothes there in the hanger, or did he go back afterwards with Marion and pick them up. One theory it could be still lying in the Nazi hanger with the rest of his stuff, or he managed to pick them up and either gave it back to Marion or is resting somewhere on his cluttered desk (either in the classroom or in his home office)

Insomniac

Coronado said:
Maybe I'm being dumb, but I always wondered why he breaks the staff in half. It's not like that'll disguise how tall it was - you can just hold the pieces together!

Or have I missed something really obvious? :confused:

-Coronado
I agree(y)

keylan

Well that does give a good reference as to what happened to the headpiece. Good find and thanks for sharing that.

WrathofGod

MonarchOfTheSea said:
Has any one else noticed that the photo is actually a promotional still that was used for LC? I have a poster magazine with the same photo in it.
They could've used a different shot of Connery as Henry Sr, one that hadn't been seen by the public before.

yeah it's a promo photo, i can understand fans that know that laughing at it.
But i guess maybe they didn't have anything else, which seems odd.:confused: