R.I.P. Maggie 1998-2008

Nurhachi1991

I'm sad to say but I found my cat of 10 years dead today when I was out looking for her......... She was under a car in the driveway next to us I guess she fell asleep under there and........ got killed. I loved this cat very much and had her ever since I was really young. She was a stray cat and I wanted to keep her but my mom and dad said no but finally they agreed to let me have her. She was a pretty small cat for her age and stayed small but let me tell you she made up for it she was the terror to birds and other small animals in the neighborhood kinda like a mini Hanibal Lector I thought she could withstand anything but I never thought I would see her dead.........

I buried her with this

maggie.jpg

I really don't know why I just thought it was approiate.

R.I.P. Maggie

I will miss you

Nurhachi1991

Thanks guys. Can someone please answer this for me? When I picked her up there was no blood at all she was just limp why would that be? If she got crushed wouldnt there be blood everywhere? I'm just hoping nobody did anything to her...

sunshinestate1992

Im no cat expert or anyhting but i would think she died of old age. I think her body would appear to be crushed if whe was run over. Maybe it was teh gas form the engine. But i would think it was old age...But ive never even owned a pet so i dont have any prior knowledge or facts to fall back on.
edit: for some reason the thumbs down icon showed up...?? i deleted it. it was a mistake

Nurhachi1991

My dad says there was blood from her mouth so I guess she did get crushed I did not see it at the time because I was so upset.

sunshinestate1992

Nurhachi1991 said:
My dad says there was blood from her mouth so I guess she did get crushed I did not see it at the time because I was so upset.
Well, still i think after a pet does die samething with humans blood can seep form their heads..blood in the body has to go somewhere but again i have no knowledge prior or up too this point to fall back on...Again Im really sorry

Nurhachi1991

Yeah well I tried to handle it as best as possible the neighbors were out there and I just picked her up and went on home I tried not to get up set but it's really bothering me now.

The_Raiders

That's aweful man. I'd be devastated if anything happened to my cat, Calvin. He's living with my mom right now but I love that cat so much, he really means a whole lot to me. It ws pretty funny when I was little I prayed for a cat that was big, had desighns, and that his name was Calvin, several years later I got just that. (y)

DocWhiskey

I'm really sorry to hear that. I lost my dog last year at the age of 19. It's tough to lose a pet. She was better then most people I know. Again, I'm sorry for your loss.

Nurhachi1991

The_Raiders said:
That's aweful man. I'd be devastated if anything happened to my cat, Calvin. He's living with my mom right now but I love that cat so much, he really means a whole lot to me. It ws pretty funny when I was little I prayed for a cat that was big, had desighns, and that his name was Calvin, several years later I got just that. (y)

Cherish your animal you never know whats around the corner.

Gear

I'm truely sorry about your cat. I've lost dear pets before and I can understand what you must feel.

Rest in Peace Maggie.

tupogirl

*hugs* I've been reading your having a hard time in general, so thinking some good thoughts and prayers for you.

If she was old, I wonder if maybe she went off by herself to pass. Sometimes they do that. We lost 2 young dogs last year, both accidents, and I still miss them both.