how did Henry bite the dust?

Indy~Annie

the name says all.

i was just wondering did they ever say how Henry died? just old age?

or Marcus how did he die too?

questions......i cant wait for answers.:p

Indy~Annie

Agent Spalko said:
Henry went the way of the Dodo.

Brody turned to stone and lost his head.

lol thanks for the splendid answers.:p :D

and Mutt just finished Marcus off right? :p he he he

poor Marcus.

Quickening

Agent Spalko said:
Henry went the way of the Dodo.

Brody turned to stone and lost his head.

:D

By the way I really hate the bit where his head falls off. I mean... why? Wasn't funny.

Indy~Annie

Quickening said:
:D

By the way I really hate the bit where his head falls off. I mean... why? Wasn't funny.

i know it wasent funny made me feel bad for Indy(n) but the look on Mutts face made me giggle a little.:p

Deckard

Henry Sr. enlisted to fight with the British RAF and flew 6 missions against the Luftwaffe before having to bail over the ocean, eventually being washed up in France, where he single handedly stormed a beach w/ his umbrella, and claimed the town in the name of America. He then took a wife and went on to become govenor b4 becoming senile and firing himself at a neighboring town from an Artilley cannon to prove to there mayor he could indeed fly.

Marcus Brody returned home and got lost in his own museum and shortly thereafter starved to death.

Shortround went back to China and became head of the Yakuza, he then returned stateside at the age of 32 and married Willie Scott. They are currently in the Witness Protection Program and Shorty works for geeksquad at a Best Buy in Portland, Oregon.

Grimezy

Deckard said:
Henry Sr. enlisted to fight with the British RAF and flew 6 missions against the Luftwaffe before having to bail over the ocean, eventually being washed up in France, where he single handedly stormed a beach w/ his umbrella, and claimed the town in the name of America. He then took a wife and went on to become govenor b4 becoming senile and firing himself at a neighboring town from an Artilley cannon to prove to there mayor he could indeed fly.

Marcus Brody returned home and got lost in his own museum and shortly thereafter starved to death.

Shortround went back to China and became head of the Yakuza, he then returned stateside at the age of 32 and married Willie Scott. They are currently in the Witness Protection Program and Shorty works for geeksquad at a Best Buy in Portland, Oregon.

Ahh yes, the famous storming of the beach with his Umbrella.

Wow! Holy smoke! He mus like older women!

Shark_Blade

lmao

It wasn't explained how Henry Sr. died, so people might presumed him dead (gone missing on the ocean a.k.a Cast Away, etc) or he really did bite the dust.

From wiki:

Connery turned down a cameo appearance in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008), as he was enjoying retirement too much. In a statement, he provided one last piece of advice for "Junior" – keep the cliffs low, the monsters CGI and the whip close at hand to fend off the stunt coordinator.[5] George Lucas said in hindsight that it was good Connery did not appear, as it would disappoint the audience when his character did not join the film's adventure.[6] Ford joked, "I'm old enough to play my own father

WTF did George said, I don't understand. :confused:

Michael24

Shark_Blade said:
WTF did George said, I don't understand. :confused:
Basically, he was saying that if Connery had been in the film, audiences would probably be disappointed that it was mostly just a cameo and that he'd have no involvement in the rest of the film.

Shark_Blade

Having him as a short cameo

- like having him at home sitting on a chair reading a book whilst Junior was busy rummaging books to get to Akator with Mutt

is waaay better than having him dead. :mad:

Shark_Blade said:
Having him as a short cameo

- like having him at home sitting on a chair reading a book whilst Junior was busy rummaging books to get to Akator with Mutt

is waaay better than having him dead. :mad:

It sucks, but having Connery dead was a nice touch to the movie.

Again, it showed how Indy's past his prime, how Indy's falling behind the changing times.

It also provided the most touching scene.

Having him dead paid more of a tribute than just having Connery sit in a rocker saying 'see you later' as Indiana walks out of the house.

Mothy

Just because Connery had the brains not to return in KOTCS, for he knew it would be a total disaster - they didn't have to go and kill off his character.

Rococo

IMO, it worked with Sr. being dead. The beginning of the film is dealing with the end of an era, as Indy looses his job, and must move on to a different life. The ending brings full circle his development, with Indy moving more towards understanding (if not being) his fathers son, and Mutt becoming his fathers son.

Had Sr. been in this film, it would have wound up being too heavy handed- instead of beating us over the head with 'the message', the film alludes to the reconciliation and the future without having to spell it out.

Mothy

The best thing would have been if the film had never been made. We would have been spared this embarassing mess, and Jnr and Snr would have still existed in the time period of TLC, forever young and riding off into the sunset together.

Rococo

Mothy said:
The best thing would have been if the film had never been made. We would have been spared this embarassing mess, and Jnr and Snr would have still existed in the time period of TLC, forever young and riding off into the sunset together.

Edited because I read to fast.

Mothy

Rococo said:
Out of curiosity- You don't like KOTCS, you don't like LC... Do you actually like any of the films?

I do like TLC, it is my favourite. Where did you get the impression I didn't like it? I like every film in the original trilogy. KOTCS is a scar on the franchise which I will choose to ignore.