The first appearance of the cargo truck.

Kooshmeister

Check it out. Far right top corner. oh, the pointles, insignificant things we notice...

213.jpg

Michael24

Cool. I've always noticed the Flying Wing in the background of some shots, but never the truck before. Nice catch. :)

Kooshmeister

The Golden Idol said:
Is that the Flying Wing to the upper left of the Cargo Truck?

I believe so. You can also see the Flying Wing during the scene where the Germans are yelling Sallah to come down the hill, while Indy is down in the map room. It's there in the background, airfield and all.

Dr. Wolfwood

Introducing vehicles later to be used in the story like this earns my respect. All to often, especially nowadays, movies just jump from one scene/episode to the next without much continuity between them. :hat:

Kooshmeister

TheMutt92 said:
Very cool. Now how did you ever spot that?!?

Because I'm a weirdo and I study scenes like this long and hard. I was actually hunting for any trace of the Nazi lieutenant who just pops up before the desert chase begins. :D

Kooshmeister

Well, hey, apart from the ripped canvas, smashed windshield, missing door, bent grille and broken-off hood ornament it survives relatively intact. The same cannot be said for the troop car. That vehicle won't even be recognizable upon hitting the chasm bottom.

NLogan

Good catch. Along a similar line I just noticed the car Belloq and Dietrich are riding in during the truck chase is seen in the submarine port.

Kooshmeister

NLogan said:
Good catch. Along a similar line I just noticed the car Belloq and Dietrich are riding in during the truck chase is seen in the submarine port.

The black Mercedes? Where? Are you sure you aren't confusing it with this:

indytroopcar9af6.jpg

Which would be the troop car that went off the cliff, not the staff car. Unless the black car is also there, somewhere else in that submarine pen and I haven't spotted it.