2009 Indiana Jones Lego

ChromiumBlue37

OMG!! :D This is REAL NEWS from two contributors!

Originally reported by Dewy9 in http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=16494

Dewy9 said:
According to a huge list of sets (including two Indy and a lot of SW sets) found on Brothers-Brick.com from a reliable source, the Shanghai Chase and Flying Wing sets will be released. The chase set will allegedly have the two cars, Indy, Willie, Shorty, and two of Lao Che's henchmen. The Flying Wing will supposedly have Indy, Marion, the German mechanic, a German soldier, a fuel car, and of course the plane itself. According to earlier news/rumors, the summer wave will contain 6 sets.

http://www.brothers-brick.com/2008/08/18/possible-2009-sets-news/
(Indy is listed as New and Classic Movie for whatever reason).

Thanks a million for posting these pictures!

AMAZING! Love the Shaghai Chase and little Shortie!! Shanhai Gangster = Toht!

You can tell that the pics are preliminary, as the cockpit for The Flying Wing is borrowed from the Star Wars Jedi Starrfighters!

Last edited:

Dewy9

DarthMickey said:

Just on my way to post this and what a nice surprise to see these so early.

Like ChromiumBlue said, these are preliminary. The minifigs especially. Indy will no doubt have the proper torso and the German mechanic won't have Patrick's torso. The vehicles won't change much (aside from that possible windshield). I was hoping for a rickshaw like in the video game. lol

I'm guessing that the chase set will be around $30 while the Flying Wing would be about $50. These should hit in "Janurary"... aka right before December 25th.

Crack that whip

YAAHHOOOOO!!! HUZZAH!!! :D (y) :whip:

:: dances around happily ::

ChromiumBlue37 said:
You can tell that the pics are preliminary, as the cockpit for The Flying Wing is borrowed from the Star Wars Jedi Starrfighters!

To say nothing of an actual, honest-to-goodness swastika in the image (!!!) :eek: (obviously present in the source photography used for the background and not something LEGO specifically put there, but still utterly amazing they left it there at all) - and of course the German mechanic's torso is that of Patrick from the Spongebob Squarepants line, and indeed other figs in these pix are assembled from elements borrowed from elsewhere rather than whipped up specifically for Indy. But it's great to get some official confirmation!

Also, according to that link, the Star Wars line is finally about to get some Tauntauns! :D (y) :whip: Hooray! And check it out, the Pirates line is finally back, too! :D (y) :whip: Oh, man, I am about to go so broke on LEGO next year... :eek:

Dr._Jones_Jr.

What about The Last Crusade? All we got was a little $10 set at that was it. TOD is getting this one but seriously thats it?

ChromiumBlue37

These are just two sets. We are more than likely seeing a mock-up vendor catalog. This is all very, very early.

Getting Lego to even consider a TOD set is a miracle on it's own. Lego was admimant about not doing anymore sets beyond 2008, especially from The Temple of Doom.

Last edited:

Goonie

Woohoo! Those look great. Love the Pat Roach and Frank Marshall figures in the Flying Wing set. I do hope they fix Shorty though, why is his shirt and ball cap blue instead of white?

Crack that whip

ChromiumBlue37 said:
Getting Lego to even consider a TOD set is a miracle on it's own. Lego was admimant about not doing anymore sets beyond 2008, especially from The Temple of Doom.

And weeks before the first pix of the first sets surfaced, they were saying there'd be no German soldiers in the sets. For some reason, with this particular line their spokespeople appear to be completely misinformed about everything.

Re: underrepresentation of particular installments... FWIW, when the Star Wars line first launched back in 1999, it did so with a grand total of thirteen sets that year, eight of them for the brand-new Star Wars - Episode I: The Phantom Menace, versus just five for the entire classic original trilogy, including just one small set apiece for both Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back and Episode VI: Return of the Jedi. As time went on, though, they eventually did lots and lots more sets for the originals. It's only to be expected that if there's a new movie released in a series they license, their focus for a given year is going to be that new movie, but that they'll also get around to plenty of stuff from older installments as long as the line lasts long enough to do so (and hey, that blog does say the summer wave will have a total of six more sets...).

Last edited:

Crack that whip

Goonie said:
I do hope they fix Shorty though, why is his shirt and ball cap blue instead of white?

I'm sure he'll eventually have a torso printed with appropriate shirt / jacket detailing in the final set(s), but I suspect his ballcap will be either all-blue or all-white, not white with a blue bill and stripes (and don't even think of asking for an NY Giants logo). I suspect LEGO's production process doesn't make it easy for them to do printing on that particular element, at least to do one whole part of it (the crown or the bill) a whole different color from the other part, going all the way to the two parts join. But I'd love to be proven wrong. If nothing else, I bet they could at least do the blue "spoke" lines on the cap, though I don't know whether they'd consider it cost-effective to do so.

Vance

Definately an early mockup at best... enough for me to say 'fake' if I had seen it anywhere else. (The Flying Wing itself, for instance, looks like a Star Wars custom, and the German mechanic looks like a VERY common custom using Spongebob parts.)

Curioser and curioser...

QBComics

JackBurton said:
Sorry if this doesn't deserve an own topic, but the first pictures shows up.

Long Time rumoured, now official.

Shanghai Chase
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lokosuperfluoLEGOman/cat09enmay/p1000899.jpg

Flying Wing
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lokosuperfluoLEGOman/cat09enmay/p1000901.jpg

Both look very good.
Links were found on Eurobricks.com

If these are real: I love you. If not: ****. Bit uncomfortable about the Mechanic, but I hope they fix it.
Goon has a head of Doc Ock, Shorty is Jock, and Willie a blonde Marion..? Hope they aren't fake.

Last edited:

Dr._Jones_Jr.

Since I do purchase the lego sets I have to complain. ANOTHER CHASE SCENE LEGO SET?!!!(TOD). The Bridge,the temple, even the club obi-wan, but another chase. 2 cars and characters. i'm not into that. that shows very little creativity. I already have a million cars and trucks from this line. How about a break away bridge with alligators below it and Mola Ram ect ect.

Vance

ChromiumBlue37 said:
Would you rather get this or no more Lego sets entirely?

Well, if these sets ARE coming (and that's sadly still a BIG 'if'), then there's at least two more in that wave to think about. The only real downside is that we're going to go over a year without new IJ Lego sets... which means a lot of people who would have been interested will have moved on by then.

ChromiumBlue37

As the pics are still in the preliminary stages, (pictured mock ups and denied confirmation from Lego), it will be a long time before these would make it to store shelves. I do agree with you. Of course if these are planned, we could see them by January.

The Lego IJ sets have really sold through in the Chicago area. I think interest remains strong. Sets like these are perfect, because they cater to children very well.

Dewy9

Dr._Jones_Jr. said:
Since I do purchase the lego sets I have to complain. ANOTHER CHASE SCENE LEGO SET?!!!(TOD). The Bridge,the temple, even the club obi-wan, but another chase. 2 cars and characters. i'm not into that. that shows very little creativity. I already have a million cars and trucks from this line. How about a break away bridge with alligators below it and Mola Ram ect ect.

LEGO has said in the past that their SW sets don't sell well when there's not a vehicle. Kids like these action scenes and that's why they have included a vehicle in every Indy set except for one. I think the vehicles in this line have been nothing short of amazing.