TheRaider.net
 

Go Back   The Raven > Off Topic > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-06-2008, 09:35 PM   #1
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan
 
Nurhachi1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pankot Palace
Posts: 4,771
I broke my thumb.......

Yesterday I was getting out of the car and my cousin slams the door as I was reaching for my backpack......... I went to school all day with only a bandaid. Just got back from emergency gotta wear a cast for 3-6 weeks



All I said to my cousin was " I'm gonna break your nose"



Ouch I'm in pain
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:40 PM   #2
Gear
IndyFan
 
Gear's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Oregon. U.S.
Posts: 1,949
One of my friends recently slapped another guy with his note book and got punched in the face.
Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:09 PM   #3
The Golden Idol
IndyFan
 
The Golden Idol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Peruvian Chachapoyan Temple, 1936
Posts: 951
Quote:
Originally Posted by gear guardian
One of my friends recently slapped another guy with his note book and got punched in the face.

And that's related... how?
The Golden Idol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:38 PM   #4
Gear
IndyFan
 
Gear's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Oregon. U.S.
Posts: 1,949
It's just another unique "pain" story.
Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:47 PM   #5
Goodsport
IndyFan
 
Goodsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: California
Posts: 614
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurhachi1991
Yesterday I was getting out of the car and my cousin slams the door as I was reaching for my backpack......... I went to school all day with only a bandaid. Just got back from emergency gotta wear a cast for 3-6 weeks



All I said to my cousin was " I'm gonna break your nose"



Ouch I'm in pain

How will you get your cousin to put his nose where you can slam the car door on it?


-G
Goodsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 11:01 PM   #6
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan
 
Nurhachi1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pankot Palace
Posts: 4,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodsport
How will you get your cousin to put his nose where you can slam the car door on it?


-G


?


I was making a KOTCS referance you know.......



God bless pain killers
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 11:17 PM   #7
Gear
IndyFan
 
Gear's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Oregon. U.S.
Posts: 1,949
O.k. a few years ago my cousin got this skull ear ring and had it for about a month when ...supposedly... he slammed his ear in the car door.


However it happened, it almost took his entire ear lobe off.
Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 11:19 PM   #8
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan
 
Nurhachi1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pankot Palace
Posts: 4,771
Ouch.



Damn car doors!!!!!!!!!
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 11:38 PM   #9
Indy_Chic
IndyFan
 
Indy_Chic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 885
Ouch! I hope you feel better soon Nurhachi.
Indy_Chic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 12:07 AM   #10
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan
 
Nurhachi1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pankot Palace
Posts: 4,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy_Chic
Ouch! I hope you feel better soon Nurhachi.


Thank you very much
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 12:17 AM   #11
WillKill4Food
IndyFan
 
WillKill4Food's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: America
Posts: 1,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurhachi1991
I was making a KOTCS referance you know.......
I'm sorry, but not every random use of a common phrase is an oblique reference to Indiana Jones.
Just saying, "I'm gonna break your nose," is not an Indy reference. At all.
That's not the same phrasing of the film, and the threat is all too common to be an Indy reference.
Sorry, this is just something that bothers me about some film fans; everything they say has to be a reference to their favorite films.
WillKill4Food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 12:33 AM   #12
indy34
IndyFan
 
indy34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 771
According to my doctor I broke my nose at some point I think it may have been that AFL ball to the side of my head at point blank
edit: thats Australian football league not American
indy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 12:51 AM   #13
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan
 
Nurhachi1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pankot Palace
Posts: 4,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillKill4Food
I'm sorry, but not every random use of a common phrase is an oblique reference to Indiana Jones.
Just saying, "I'm gonna break your nose," is not an Indy reference. At all.
That's not the same phrasing of the film, and the threat is all too common to be an Indy reference.
Sorry, this is just something that bothers me about some film fans; everything they say has to be a reference to their favorite films.


Were on a board full of INDY fans so I'm pretty sure they got the referance if we were on a Star Trek forum and I said that it would be out of place.......
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 08:50 AM   #14
sandiegojones
IndyFan
 
sandiegojones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,251
Watch where you stick that thumb!
sandiegojones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:40 AM   #15
Pale Horse
Moderator
 
Pale Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: L.A.
Posts: 5,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurhachi1991
Just got back from emergency gotta wear a cast for 3-6 weeks

Sounds like someone has been visiting too many squishy squishy sites....

WHOOPS, wrong thread.
Pale Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 11:50 AM   #16
Finn
Moderator
 
Finn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Horse
Sounds like someone has been visiting too many squishy squishy sites....
Now that was just straight below the belt.

...love it.
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 05:32 PM   #17
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan
 
Nurhachi1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pankot Palace
Posts: 4,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Horse
Sounds like someone has been visiting too many squishy squishy sites....

WHOOPS, wrong thread.


What is with you guys and jerking off you guys like circle jerking or something?
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 06:36 PM   #18
Gear
IndyFan
 
Gear's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Oregon. U.S.
Posts: 1,949
You're gettin' testy... gonna be a long three weeks, huh?
Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 06:57 PM   #19
Finn
Moderator
 
Finn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by gear guardian
You're gettin' testy... gonna be a long three weeks, huh?
Hehehe... testy... hehehe.
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 07:51 PM   #20
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan
 
Nurhachi1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pankot Palace
Posts: 4,771
Lol you guys are the ones making the crude jokes.
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 01:20 AM   #21
Violet
Moderator Emeritus
 
Violet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Host City of the 2018 Commonwealth Games, Australia
Posts: 3,162
Nurhachi, if it's any conselation, I have slammed doors on my finger- twice- in my lifetime and also sewed my finger in a sewing machine in home ec when I was 13. My mum was really freaked because it was my index finger on my left and I'm left handed and she thought this would affect my drawing abilities (in high school, I was pretty apt and still am at still life drawing). I wasn't given any anathestic, when they pulled out the thread which felt pretty nasty. I was very lucky, the needle missed my finger bone narrowly.

Besides, try to enjoy whatever rest you get out of it. I wish I had time to rest more.
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 02:37 AM   #22
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan
 
Nurhachi1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pankot Palace
Posts: 4,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Indy
Nurhachi, if it's any conselation, I have slammed doors on my finger- twice- in my lifetime and also sewed my finger in a sewing machine in home ec when I was 13. My mum was really freaked because it was my index finger on my left and I'm left handed and she thought this would affect my drawing abilities (in high school, I was pretty apt and still am at still life drawing). I wasn't given any anathestic, when they pulled out the thread which felt pretty nasty. I was very lucky, the needle missed my finger bone narrowly.

Besides, try to enjoy whatever rest you get out of it. I wish I had time to rest more.



Thanks violet Indy....... Dang that sounds worse than my problem

I'm left handed to It's hella hard to write to can't make out my own writing.
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 05:13 PM   #23
Gear
IndyFan
 
Gear's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Oregon. U.S.
Posts: 1,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurhachi1991
I'm left handed [TOO] [.] It's hella hard to write [TOO] [.] [C]an't make out my own writing.


LOL! Oh the irony! I couldn't make that out the first time!
Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 02:23 PM   #24
DIrishB
IndyFan
 
DIrishB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandiegojones
Watch where you stick that thumb!

Thats what she said.







Sorry you broke your thumb, Nurhachi. Sounds annoying.


On a related note, I've broken a few bones myself:

Left Shoulder
Right Shoulder
Right Shoulder-Blade (broke it to pieces...have a titanium plate for the lower third)
Forearm (bone popped through the skin)
Left Knee-Cap
Right Clavicle
Several Ribs
Several Fingers & Toes
Metacarpals of my right hand (the bones in your hand)



...apparently I'm injury prone.

Last edited by DIrishB : 11-09-2008 at 02:33 PM.
DIrishB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 02:56 PM   #25
kongisking
IndyFan
 
kongisking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Skull Island
Posts: 2,848
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurhachi1991
Yesterday I was getting out of the car and my cousin slams the door as I was reaching for my backpack......... I went to school all day with only a bandaid. Just got back from emergency gotta wear a cast for 3-6 weeks



All I said to my cousin was " I'm gonna break your nose"



Ouch I'm in pain

Oh, gracious me. Sorry, Nurhachi. Hope you have a good recovery! I injured my thumb some while ago---my damn teacher at school hit me in the thumb with a dodgeball in gym...with the finger COMPLETELY ERECT! RIGHT on the end, cramming it through my hand!!!! Hurt like sin, I tell ya.
kongisking is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:33 AM.