TheRaider.net
 

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Young Indiana Jones Chronicles
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-30-2008, 03:41 PM   #26
Indy's Fist
IndyFan
 
Indy's Fist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 658
As soon as he was with a chick I was thinking, "So how does she get to not be with Indy forever?" I mean we all knew she'd be gone somehow by the end of the show.
Indy's Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 09:16 PM   #27
Indy Croft
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: India
Posts: 174
exactly
Indy Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 03:19 PM   #28
Raiders112390
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,394
I figured a complete list (compiled from the films, novels and video games, which are all the sources used in the Ultimate Guide and Lost Journal) of Indy's love interests would be cool

Princess Sophie (1908)
Nancy Stratamyer, (1915?-1916)
Maggie Lemass (1916)
Vicky Prentiss (1916)
Mata Hari (1917) + PSP
Maya (1917) PSP
Giulietta (1918) Possible PSP
Unnamed Nurse (1918) PSP
Molly Walder (1918; Engaged 1918) + PSP
Amy Wharton (1919) Possible PSP
Lily (1919) + C
Margaret “Peggy” Peabody (1920) Possible PSP
Kate Rivers (1920) Possible PSP
Gloria Schuyler (1920) Possible PSP
Claire Lieberman (1920) Possible PSP
Dorian Belecamus (1922) PSP
Deirdre Campbell-Jones (1925-1926; Married 1926) PSP
Marion Ravenwood (1926) PSP
Sophia Hapgood (1929) Possible PSP
Alecia Dunstan (March 1933-October 1933) PSP
Mei Ling (1935) Possible PSP
Willie Scott (1935) Inferred PSP
Marion Ravenwood (1936-1937) PSP
Elsa Schneider (1938) PSP
Sophia Hapgood (1939) Possible PSP
Marie Arnoux (1943)
Sophia Hapgood (1947-1948?)
Marion Ravenwood-Jones (Married 1957-) PSP

+= Deceased as of 1957.
PSP= Involved or Possibly involved in Primitive Sexual Practices/Carnal Relationship

Last edited by Raiders112390 : 06-16-2010 at 03:25 PM.
Raiders112390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 05:29 PM   #29
Jeremiah Jones
IndyFan
 
Jeremiah Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: London
Posts: 370
Regarding your possible 'PSP's in this rather hilarious list... my god, I wouldn't like to see one for myself..

Giuletta,- definably no PSP, she was a 1918 Italian country girl seemingly as delicate as a flower petal.. the kiss was as far as it went.. definitely, I cannot see anything further happening.

Amy Wharton, possible PSP, but I'd say at the somewhat unlikely side of PSP. Indy went home every evening to his father, she went to her mother, unless they rented out a hotel room during the day, very unlikely in the 1920s, also extremely unlikely considering her reaction to their first kiss.. maybe, but doubtful PSP

Margaret, Kate and Gloria.. well with Kate and Gloria I'd say definite PSP, he lived with Kate who was a girl somewhat ahead of his time. That date with Gloria where he fell asleep seemed to indicate other dates of that nature would go somewhat further, but as for Margaret.. No way.

As for Claire, definitely I'd say..

now I must sleep. Obviously I've been awake too long if I'm sitting here seriously discussing Indy's sex life..
Jeremiah Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 12:27 AM   #30
Montana Smith
IndyFan
 
Montana Smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders112390
Primitive Sexual Practices

...and there I was thinking Indy was a sophistictated kind of guy! Now I can't help but think of Indy going out clubbing...like Captain Caveman!
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 07:11 AM   #31
Raiders112390
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Smith
...and there I was thinking Indy was a sophistictated kind of guy! Now I can't help but think of Indy going out clubbing...like Captain Caveman!

Hey, a guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta do! He did say he was an authority in the field of Primitive Sexual Practices (tm)
Raiders112390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:45 PM   #32
Adventure Girl
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 16
Yeah, he did go a bit overboard with the girls.

Personaly I liked him with the girls in the movies(Marion, Willie and Elsa).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders112390
Hey, a guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta do! He did say he was an authority in the field of Primitive Sexual Practices (tm)
yep that's certainly a ture statement right there.

Last edited by Attila the Professor : 06-28-2010 at 09:58 PM. Reason: double post
Adventure Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 04:50 PM   #33
dr.jones1986
IndyFan
 
dr.jones1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders112390
I figured a complete list (compiled from the films, novels and video games, which are all the sources used in the Ultimate Guide and Lost Journal) of Indy's love interests would be cool

Princess Sophie (1908)
Nancy Stratamyer, (1915?-1916)
Maggie Lemass (1916)
Vicky Prentiss (1916)
Mata Hari (1917) + PSP
Maya (1917) PSP
Giulietta (1918) Possible PSP
Unnamed Nurse (1918) PSP
Molly Walder (1918; Engaged 1918) + PSP
Amy Wharton (1919) Possible PSP
Lily (1919) + C
Margaret “Peggy” Peabody (1920) Possible PSP
Kate Rivers (1920) Possible PSP
Gloria Schuyler (1920) Possible PSP
Claire Lieberman (1920) Possible PSP
Dorian Belecamus (1922) PSP
Deirdre Campbell-Jones (1925-1926; Married 1926) PSP
Marion Ravenwood (1926) PSP
Sophia Hapgood (1929) Possible PSP
Alecia Dunstan (March 1933-October 1933) PSP
Mei Ling (1935) Possible PSP
Willie Scott (1935) Inferred PSP
Marion Ravenwood (1936-1937) PSP
Elsa Schneider (1938) PSP
Sophia Hapgood (1939) Possible PSP
Marie Arnoux (1943)
Sophia Hapgood (1947-1948?)
Marion Ravenwood-Jones (Married 1957-) PSP

+= Deceased as of 1957.
PSP= Involved or Possibly involved in Primitive Sexual Practices/Carnal Relationship

I am so glad to know I am not the only one who has thought about how many women Indy has slept with. You forgot Maggie O'Malley from "The Staff of Kings" although there isn't enough character development to let you know if they slept together or not. It is implied that he slept with Marie Arnoux in Army of the Dead. It seems safe to say that Indy's adventures have included at least 10 women. Willie Scott seems to be the only love interest from the movies that we cannot say for certain wheather or not he slept with her. I don't think he slept with Maya in "Daredevils of the desert." I was always curious wheather or not he slept with Edith Wharton, it is left kinda ambigious (when Lowell Thomas looks at them while they leave after dinner).
dr.jones1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 08:04 PM   #34
dr.jones1986
IndyFan
 
dr.jones1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 317
By the way, I was just flipping through "The Hollow Earth" and Indy says he never slept with Alecia. He was afraid that if he did she would die, because of the curse of the crystal skull of Cozan. This is on page 132 I believe.
dr.jones1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:15 AM   #35
Joosse
IndyFan
 
Joosse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oosterbeek, the Netherlands
Posts: 308
That really doesn't seem like a lot to me.

I'd hate to count all my former love interests...

And remember, at that time they didn't have tv or internet, so sleeping with each other was a common way to pass the time...
Joosse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:36 AM   #36
Raiders112390
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,394
One must wonder if any of Indy's encounters, especially the one night stands like with the nurse in Tales of Innocence, ever resulted in any other children besides Mutt. Remember, this was before the age when birth control was all that mainstream...
Raiders112390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 05:52 AM   #37
Stoo
IndyFan
 
Stoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Neuchâtel, Switzerland (Canadian from Montreal)
Posts: 7,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders112390
...especially the one night stands like with the nurse in Tales of Innocence,...
It's possible but we don't really know for sure if Indy & the nurse 'did the deed', so to speak. While it's somewhat implied, it's not explicity shown/stated.

If Indy did have any other offspring from his hanky-panky in those days, Mutt would have an older brother or sister out there somewhere...
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:36 AM   #38
Sharkey
Guest
 
Sharkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In the balcony, stage right.
Posts: 446
I see they're on Netflix. Am I going to like these things?
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:12 PM   #39
Stoo
IndyFan
 
Stoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Neuchâtel, Switzerland (Canadian from Montreal)
Posts: 7,539
@Sharkey-baby: I thought you had already seen them? Anyway, you might be able to sink your teeth into the show (pun intended). Looking for opinions? Read these threads:

The Young Indiana Jones appreciation thread..
Young Indy = Awesome.
The Young Indy Chronicles were really really bad...
So What's The Appeal?
I got a problem with them...
Not a fan...

Back on topic: The only Young Indy girls who rub me the wrong way are Rosa from Petrograd (nice person but unappealing for my tastes) and Gloria from "Scandals", who is a spoiled ditz (...and people think Willie Scott is irritating).
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 05:19 PM   #40
Demitasse
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto, CA
Posts: 106
@Stoo: Ha, I kind of liked Rosa. Totally sweet and unassuming. It's weird that Indy rejected her (or anyone at all for that matter as he seems pretty indiscriminant in the chronicles!) Maybe he rejected her for her political ideology...? How about Maggie Lemass? She was a pretty vapid and cringe-worthy character. I would have liked to see things work out with that bland Molly from Istanbul, but that whole thing was built on a lie and you get to see what a cad Indy was!! He's pretty dark in that episode. What woman would still choose "Nils" after being lied to so bad?! Hard to swallow!

How about the leading ladies that never were? Margaret Trappe from Phantom Train, Nadia from Espionage and Maya from Daredevils??

How about Scandal? Who would you have picked? Peggy, Kate, Gloria? Always thoght that would be a great thread (albeit kinda male-centric)...
Demitasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:21 PM   #41
Lao_Che
IndyFan
 
Lao_Che's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 323
There are others but skimming Raiders' list some of the missing I can think of that haven't been said:

Lizzie Ravenall 1913.
Henrietta from the Veracruz dock in Love's Sweet Song.
Madelaine from the fuzzy 1921/22 timing of Peril at Delphi. Squeaky voiced from Paris if I'm remembering it correctly but they've split up by the book's start.
Rita (Indy's close-call financé from a couple of lines in Black's Raiders novel. Date unknown.)
Susan Ryan (one of Indy's students in '36, supposedly present at Indy's house when Brody turns up in Raiders and cut from the movie. Black's Raiders novel)
Oh and Francisca Uribe Del Arco, the "Latin lollipop" from Arms of Gold in
1937.

And if you're talking about the nurse from Tales of Innocence, her name was Sofia.

Last edited by Lao_Che : 04-06-2011 at 11:29 PM.
Lao_Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:57 PM   #42
Stoo
IndyFan
 
Stoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Neuchâtel, Switzerland (Canadian from Montreal)
Posts: 7,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demitasse
@Stoo: Ha, I kind of liked Rosa. Totally sweet and unassuming. It's weird that Indy rejected her (or anyone at all for that matter as he seems pretty indiscriminant in the chronicles!) Maybe he rejected her for her political ideology...? How about Maggie Lemass? She was a pretty vapid and cringe-worthy character.
Eeesh, you're right, Demitasse. I forgot about Maggie Lemass. Add her to my short-list of non-desirable Indy girls. Rosa was sweet but I don't find her physically attractive. Maybe Indy felt the same way?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demitasse
I would have liked to see things work out with that bland Molly from Istanbul, but that whole thing was built on a lie and you get to see what a cad Indy was!! He's pretty dark in that episode. What woman would still choose "Nils" after being lied to so bad?! Hard to swallow!
Not that hard to swallow. Speaking from personal experience (see: posts #10 & 13) some girls/women will forgive anything if the love is strong enough (and that goes for some guys, too).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demitasse
How about the leading ladies that never were? Margaret Trappe from Phantom Train, Nadia from Espionage and Maya from Daredevils??
Never cared for any of those 3. Pretty as she was, Margaret Trappe was a bit too butch for my tastes. Nadia = meh. Maya didn't really do it for me but I wouldn't kick her out of bed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demitasse
How about Scandal? Who would you have picked? Peggy, Kate, Gloria? Always thoght that would be a great thread (albeit kinda male-centric)...
Personally, Gloria would be disqualified immediately. (She might be fun for one night but nothing worth the long term. What a floozy!) Peggy or Kate is a hard decision. Ultimately, I think I'd go for Kate because of her liberal attitude.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lao_Che
There are others but skimming Raiders' list some of the missing I can think of that haven't been said:
--SNIP--
Henrietta from the Veracruz dock in Love's Sweet Song.
Hi, Leland. Thanks for chiming in. Henrietta was missing from Raiders' list but both Jeremiah Jones & myself mentioned her back in posts #8 & 10. Even so, she's really only a borderline contender. They talked on the dock...not much else...

The rest of your list is great, though! More names can be added. However, this is a Young Indy thread. (Not that it really matters.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lao_Che
And if you're talking about the nurse from Tales of Innocence, her name was Sofia.
Sofia is the main one but remember, in Italy, there were 2 nurses who were an object of Indy's affection.
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:23 PM   #43
dr.jones1986
IndyFan
 
dr.jones1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 317
Even though "Masks of Evil" was not one of my favorite episodes, I thought Maria was very attractive. Vicky Prentiss was also hot and seemed to have a nice personality.
dr.jones1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:18 AM.