yodazone
IndyFan

Volume 2 is shipping to comic shops this Wednesday:

http://www.previewsworld.com/public/...&m=1&c=6&s=428

yodazone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:52 AM   #27
Moedred
Administrator

Awesome! Now I just need to wait for the Amazon "pre-order" buttons for this and the new novel to come down...
Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 05:21 AM   #28
Goonie
IndyFan

Excellent!! Now, any word on a release date for Further Adventures Volume 3? Or plans to release a Young Indy Omnibus?
Goonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 01:44 PM   #29
phantom train
IndyFan

Hey everyone. I was wondering if anyone happened to pick up Volume 2 of "The Further Adventures" (I haven't yet, but plan to soon) - this just came out yesterday.
If memory serves, this Volume is supposed to reprint issues #13-24 of the "Furthur Adventures", as well as the film adaptation for TOD.

Anyway, if anyone has seen this, can you post whether or not all of the covers to the issues are included? I was just curious about this - Volume 1 had all of the covers, but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks!
phantom train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 05:46 PM   #30
Moedred
Administrator

Read the first pages, then click "surprise me" and scroll back and forth to read 5-page sequences. It has the covers, like Volume 1. It's in publishing order, with Temle of Doom near the end between issues 22 and 23.
http://www.amazon.com/reader/1595823...ng=UTF8#reader
Old 10-13-2009, 03:11 AM   #31
Violet
Moderator Emeritus

Location: The Host City of the 2018 Commonwealth Games, Australia
Ok, I just got my copy today and may I say I am still enjoying these Marvels! They just have the right spirit in them that the Dark Horse comics didn't really have (with the exception of FoA, the Adventures Vol 1 digest).

I've been waiting for a long time to read "Search for Abner", so if you can excuse me for a couple of hours....
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 11:18 AM   #32
phantom train
IndyFan

Just finished "Volume 2" of "The Futhur Adventures of IJ" - here's my review (No spoilers):

- First of all, the color reproduction and re-printing is superb, just as it was in the last volume. These reprints are far superior to the original comics.

- I haven't read these issues for years, if ever. So, it was very nostalgic to go back and visit (or re-visit) these stories.

- I was pleased to see that all of the covers were included. Though they were all also included in the last Volume, this is the exception (and not the rule) with the DH Omnibuses.

- All of the stories were great, though the artwork varied from just average to excellent. Stand-out issues from "The Furthur Adventures" included the muti-part story in the late teens/early 20's issues - especially memorable was #21, with excellent artwork by the great Steve Ditko (This brought back memories of when I first read re-prints of the original "Amazing Spider-Man" issues (with early Ditko art) back in the early '80's).

Also exceptional was #24. Great stand-alone story, with an excellent cover by the incomparable 1980's Marvel cover artist M. Golden.

- The "Temple of Doom" 3-part adaptation was great. Excellent covers, especially #1 with Indiana Jones w/tux in the foreground.

And, though this adaptation was obviously not as good as the film itself, it was superior to the art in the "Raiders" adaptation (in Volume 1 of "The Furthur Adventures"), and also gave some insight on some of the scenes that had been cut (or in the script and never filmed) from the movie.

Here's looking forward to Volume 3 next March.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:56 PM   #33
indyclone25
IndyFan

just picked up my copy today!!!! great color and the stories are just as remembered them , can't wait for the third volume in the spring.
indyclone25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:18 AM   #34
yodazone
IndyFan

Volume 2 ranked #16 in the Top 300 of Graphic Novels sold in Sept.:

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/16023.html

#16 - INDIANA JONES ADVENTURES TP VOL 02 - $7.95 - DAR - 2,881

Old 10-20-2009, 11:14 AM   #35
yodazone
IndyFan

I meant to post this one in this thread:

#83 - INDIANA JONES FURTHER ADV OMNIBUS TP VOL 02 - $24.95 - DAR - 1,352

Old 10-20-2009, 02:46 PM   #36
indyt
IndyFan

Please forgive me, I have never bought any of these books. Are these found at local book stores or just comic stores? Thanks guys.
indyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 04:46 PM   #37
metalinvader
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyt
Please forgive me, I have never bought any of these books. Are these found at local book stores or just comic stores? Thanks guys.

Both Barnes and Noble and Borders SHOULD have them.At least the ones in my area do.
metalinvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:10 PM   #38
indyt
IndyFan

thank you very much
indyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 04:29 PM   #39
ddschneider1972
IndyFan

They are cheaper off amazon. $16.47 vs. $24.95 cover at a B&M store, plus $25 or more = free shipping. So you could get both for $35 shipped.
ddschneider1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 07:28 PM   #40
Agent Crab
IndyFan

I saw the first volume at one of my bookstores the other day, as well for the second one. I may consider in picking them up. If I didn't want All Hail Megatron Volume 2, though. Looks like it'll be added on my Christmas list of this year!
Agent Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 03:46 PM   #41
michael
IndyFan

Location: "What was it again? The penitent man will what? Oh No."
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom train
The "Temple of Doom" 3-part adaptation was great. Excellent covers, especially #1 with Indiana Jones w/tux in the foreground.

I love that cover! It illuminates such suspense!
michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 06:26 PM   #42
phantom train
IndyFan

Glad to see others are enjoying these reprints as much as I did.

I wanted to also add that I was looking over the volume again, and noticed (for the first time) that Michael Golden ALSO did the cover art for #23 - Excellent!
Old 10-23-2009, 03:29 AM   #43
Stoo
IndyFan

Hey, phantom train, you'll be also happy to know that Golden did the cover for #25, as well.
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:52 PM   #44
phantom train
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
Hey, phantom train, you'll be also happy to know that Golden did the cover for #25, as well.

Thanks very much for the info. I had read "Furthur Adventures of Indiana Jones" off and on in the '80's, but by the time the 20's issues came out I had stopped following the comic - so, I hadn't realized he did these covers. Looking forward to Volume 3 so I can see this.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:31 PM   #45
Peru1936
IndyFan

I got my copy for Christmas. I've read the first two stories already. "Deadly Rocks!" is quite good. "Demons" is terrible. Looking forward to the rest.
Peru1936 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:30 PM   #46
Moedred
Administrator

When they burst into her bedroom, Willie says something kinky that's not in any version of the script. Can someone provide an image or quote...?
Old 01-28-2010, 06:18 AM   #47
Peru1936
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moedred
When they burst into her bedroom, Willie says something kinky that's not in any version of the script. Can someone provide an image or quote...?

Indy and Shorty come into her room together after Indy disposes of the thug(gee) in his and Shorty's room and Wille says:

"Well, Dr Jones, you're a little late, but I guess I can forgive --
{next frame} "Hey! Wh-what's the kid doing here?! Look, I'm as liberal as the next gal, but--"

"Check the baseboards, Shorty!"

I just finished reading the omnibus last night. It was quite good. It has a couple stinkers ("Demons" being the worst; what a terribly put together story), but I think it's generally better than the first further adventures omnibus.
Peru1936 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:01 AM   #48
InBanana Jones
IndyFan

Indy

Quote:
I wanted to also add that I was looking over the volume again, and noticed (for the first time) that Michael Golden ALSO did the cover art for #23 - Excellent!

That is a great cover, isn't it? I recall being quite impressed with that story's concept, but not so much the execution, so 13 year-old me scribbled out a "rewrite" of the tale! I wish I had it now just to have a reminder of how much worse my version was!

Quote:
I had read "Further Adventures of Indiana Jones" off and on in the '80's, but by the time the 20's issues came out I had stopped following the comic - so, I hadn't realized he did these covers. Looking forward to Volume 3 so I can see this.

Your experience mirrors my own. Issue #24 was the last one I bought back then. I guess we're about the same age (I'll be 39 in August).
InBanana Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:40 PM   #49
Moedred
Administrator

There are only 2 ways to interpret Willie's suspicions, and with the better one, Shorty likes to watch. This is even worse than rearranging the dialogue in Raiders to suggest Marion was getting a periscope ride of her own.

Last edited by Moedred : 02-05-2010 at 01:01 PM.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:08 PM   #50
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
There are only 2 ways to interpret Willie's suspicions, and with the better one, Shorty likes to watch.
Personally, I never noticed this panel until you brought attention to it and it's pretty shocking to see in a comic of that time. The other interpretation, the ménage-a-trois, is downright INSANE! One could elaborate on why Willie would have those suspicions but...EEESH!
Quote:
This is even worse than rearranging the dialogue in Raiders to suggest Marion was getting a periscope ride of her own.
As Shorty would say, "Very funny!". It's also worse than Indy sleeping with a 15-year-old-Marion.
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote