Staff of kings music!

The Tingler

Unfortunately I don't have my Wii with me here, can someone else check?

Now, for that PSP soundtrack... can someone send me the link if it's still available?

InexorableTash

Col. Detritch said:
I've double checked, its not on Gordy Haab or Ray Harman soundtracks so maybe its from YIC?!

None of the rabid YIJC contingent here on the board apparently has a Wii. Is there any way you can post an audio sample? Alternately, can you find a video on YouTube with the sequence and point us at it?

Col. Detritch

Originally Posted by InexorableTash
None of the rabid YIJC contingent here on the board apparently has a Wii. Is there any way you can post an audio sample? Alternately, can you find a video on YouTube with the sequence and point us at it?

Sorry. I spent my entire morning searching YouTube and Google and nothing showed up, couldn't even find pics. I did re-discover that the Wii and PS2 versions of the game are almost the exactly same (despite controls). So the soundtrack playes at the same point of the game on the PS2 version as the Wii verson (The brawl outside of the Nepal Village where Kingston takes you- It's part 8/15 of the total Nepal level).:hat:

InVader

Um...Personally, That doesn't sound like the style of the YIJC. It sounds like a revised version of Gordy's Nazi Theme to me. Listen to the tracks "Fight in the Desert" and "Nazi Battle." Listen especially to "Fight in the Desert." Pretty sure the track your looking for just wasn't released with the others. He said there was about an hour worth of new music.

Col. Detritch

Ok, so it’s been just under a year but if anyone’s interested, I recently got SoK on PSP and the end credits say that all original music in the game was done by a Noel Gabriel. All the ureleased music listed afore was composed by him. It’s strange that he didn’t receive any other credit (beside his name listed on the credits) for his work while Gordy Haab did as his work as it is all quite good and very much in the spirit of John William’s scores. (My favorite piece of his is the motif he composed for Magnus). (y)

I still can’t get my hands on the score from the Nepal brawl and have failed to apprehend a video of the scene to post here, but if anyone illuminate the situation that would be great! :hat:

Enich Kadar

You know, I actually liked the fact they used John Williams music in the game. The Indiana Jones films boast some of the best thematic scores ever, and there use in the game is one of the highlights of SOK. Not to mention, Gordy Haab and Ray Harman did a fantastic job with their original pieces.

gordyhaabmusic

InVader said:
Um...Personally, That doesn't sound like the style of the YIJC. It sounds like a revised version of Gordy's Nazi Theme to me. Listen to the tracks "Fight in the Desert" and "Nazi Battle." Listen especially to "Fight in the Desert." Pretty sure the track your looking for just wasn't released with the others. He said there was about an hour worth of new music.

Hi All - Really appreciate all the compliments on the score for Staff of Kings!

Could this be the track in question? www.gordyhaab.com/clients/SOK

This track was written by Samuel Joseph Smythe, who was my assistant when I was scoring this game. I asked him to write this in the style of my Nazi Battle and Fight In The Desert. So good call on that one! This was written after my main orchestra recording session, so it's mostly "sample based" with the exception of a few live musicians, and myself playing trombone. Which is why it wasn't included with the batch of (all live orchestra) music on my website.

InexorableTash

Oooh, thanks Gordy!

Any more trinkets to share? And were you involved at all with the PSP scores, or were those adapted from your work by others?

Col. Detritch

Wow, haven't been on the Raven in a while... anyway Gordy, this track is brilliant! Thank you so much it?s the very score I was looking for! (y) You and your assistant on the game are very talented!

PS- Sorry for the awful grammar in my last post, it kinda confuses my point! :eek:

:hat:

EvilEmperorZoRG

The Tingler said:
I would use the comparison of Emperor's Tomb, which not only had a brilliant original score, it was done with a full orchestra! Many reviewers at the time actually mistook it for music ripped from the movies because it was of such a high quality! The Emperor's Tomb theme itself still gives me chills (this one).

There is new stuff, but it's pretty pointless. They don't even make new themes for the Staff and Maggie.

Agree 101%. I remember somewhere that much of the score was parts left out by the original trilogy. Anyway, I love the game's theme too.