TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Young Indiana Jones Chronicles
User Name
Password

Old 07-11-2009, 12:31 AM   #1
AnnieJones
IndyFan

Indiana Jones and Marion Ravenwood's Daughter

There is such a term as a menopausal baby.When you think about it,Marion Ravenwood was only 48 in 1957 and some women can still give birth at that age.However,if she would have given birth a little bit later,that baby daughter would have been considered a menopausal baby.There is still the possibility of the daughter being adopted(although,I personally don't think she was adopted),but I just wanted to throw this "menopausal baby" theory out there.So,please tell me what you think.

Indy's daughter can be seen here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRtRc...om=PL&index=33

Indy's Family Tree can be seen here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p54GO1yWRs

Here is a thread called List of Indiana's Relatives from the Bookends: http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=18556

More of this subject found at this thread The Old Indiana Jones Chronicles:http://raven.theraider.net/showthrea...=12432&page=22

Last edited by AnnieJones : 07-11-2009 at 12:45 AM.
AnnieJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 01:49 PM   #2
Insomniac
IndyFan

You've done your homework!
Maybe daughter in law Or maybe he adopted her like Short Round on a adventure.
it's plausable that INdy and Marion could still have a kid but lets sayhis daughter is 40 here then she would be born about...
_____

1992 - 40 = 1952

Can that be right before crystal skull?
Still...Give or take 2 years???
Some one help Me!!!

BTW another good unanswered question are they watching Matlock or Hawaii 5-0???
Insomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 02:35 PM   #3
Jonesy9906753
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieJones
There is such a term as a menopausal baby.When you think about it,Marion Ravenwood was only 48 in 1957 and some women can still give birth at that age.However,if she would have given birth a little bit later,that baby daughter would have been considered a menopausal baby.There is still the possibility of the daughter being adopted(although,I personally don't think she was adopted),but I just wanted to throw this "menopausal baby" theory out there.So,please tell me what you think.

Indy's daughter can be seen here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRtRc...om=PL&index=33

Here is a thread called List of Indiana's Relatives from the Bookends: http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=18556

More of this subject found at this thread The Old Indiana Jones Chronicles:http://raven.theraider.net/showthrea...=12432&page=22

so confusing!
none of those people are a part of the canon anymore practically
Jonesy9906753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 06:43 PM   #4
AnnieJones
IndyFan

If you watch Indy's Family Tree ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p54GO1yWRs ),be sure to watch 4:02 of the video,pause it,enlarge it to full size of the screen,and then please let me know what you think of that part of the video.

Last edited by AnnieJones : 07-14-2009 at 07:04 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:41 AM   #5
Attila the Professor

Quote:
If you watch Indy's Family Tree ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p54GO1yWRs ),be sure to watch 4:02 of the video,pause it,enlarge it to full size of the screen,and then please let me know what you think of that part of the video.

Or you could, you know, upload the family tree to imageshack or some such and then post it back here.
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 06:24 AM   #6
Lance Quazar
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy9906753
so confusing!
none of those people are a part of the canon anymore practically

Can't we say that KOTCS isn't part of the canon anymore? Pretty please?
Lance Quazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 12:47 AM   #7
AnnieJones
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila the Professor
Or you could, you know, upload the family tree to imageshack or some such and then post it back here.

I don't know how to do that,because I've never done it before.Sorry,I can be such a blond sometimes.
Old 07-18-2009, 03:55 PM   #8
Dayne
IndyFan

I just don't find it plausible that Indy has a daughter. She's too young to be married to Mutt. I guess if she was born right after KOTCS in '58 it would fit her age, but I can't imagine Indy and Marion wanting to have another kid at such an old age. Plus, if the bookends where taken out then that probably means they're not canon anymore (that is, if you consider YIJC canon in the first place).
Dayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 09:26 PM   #9
Violet
Moderator Emeritus

Location: The Host City of the 2018 Commonwealth Games, Australia
^ If the bookends aren't canon anymore, then why hasn't the Indycron dismissed it?

Personally, I do count YIJC as canon and I'd like to think of the Old Indy Bookends as canon also. I certainly am not about to argue on the validity of the series as a whole on the canon issue as we have been down that road before, and it certainly wasn't pretty....
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 11:57 PM   #10
Miss bubbles
IndyFan

umm Dayne just a question if you dont like young Indy why are you on the forum?
Miss bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 02:37 PM   #11
indyclone25
IndyFan

well canon or not the yijc were very nice , but with george lucas taking out the old indy scenes from the dvd sets maybe he wanted to delete all that from the canon, and just have the adventures themselves be just that the main stories --- much as i loved the old crusty jones telling the stories , but that is just my opinion, everyone will be entitled to their own also --- but i myself will just consider the dvd sets as canon without the old indy scenes .
indyclone25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 07:07 PM   #12
tambourineman
IndyFan

I agree. I never liked the Old Indy bookends. Sorry, but cant imagine the Indy from Raiders through to Skull turning into that dotty old Grandpa Simpson type man. I was quite happy to see them removed from the DVD sets to be honest, so long as the Harrison one was left in.
tambourineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 07:50 PM   #13
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:

Hey, Annie, for further in-depth discussions on the subject, here are the "biggies":

Indy has a daughter?
Indy should have a daughter
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 07:32 PM   #14
indyrocks1936
IndyFan

That is interesting on how in that series Indy has a daughter, and in the film he has a son. I wonder if that was the main reason they cut George Hall off the YIJC rereleases. I really wished they didn't because I haven't seen all of them, and it would have been really interesting to see Indy reacting to a daughter in the movies too. I have a few ideas about it,
1. It's Marion's and Indy has no clue
2. It's Indy's and Willie's long lost daughter
3. Indy and Marion have the kid together right after Crystal Skull.
Those are just my theories.
indyrocks1936 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 02:02 PM   #15
Crack that whip
IndyFan

I think we can / should consider the original bookends canon unless and until some new official story (a new movie, a licensed novel, whatever) comes out that irreconcilably contradicts them in some way. Given that, while it might be unlikely Indy would have a daughter of the apparent age shown in the show, as long as it's still possible I don't have a problem with it, and there's ample room for possibility, as shown in this very thread.

(Certainly any Indy fan who has a problem with portrayals of anything unlikely is going to have an awful lot more to worry about in the Indy mythos than just whether he has a daughter or not... )
Crack that whip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 03:32 PM   #16
AnnieJones
IndyFan

I personally,wish they would have kept old Indy and his daughter in there.She more than likely would have been born after Indy and Marion were married because of her age(she more than likely was born between 1958 and 1959)and did anyone even read about my "menopausal baby" theory? I mentioned that,because I just wanted to know what people thought about that idea.

Last edited by AnnieJones : 07-24-2009 at 03:48 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:16 AM   #17
Dayne
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss bubbles
umm Dayne just a question if you dont like young Indy why are you on the forum?

But I never said I didn't like The Chronicles. In fact, I own the first two volumes on DVD. I just meant that I don't really consider them canon with the movies, that's all. But I do find them enjoyable from a historic point of view! I hope that answers you're query
Dayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:43 PM   #18
Insomniac
IndyFan

http://indianajones.wikia.com/wiki/I...i:Canon_policy
Cannon or No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac
No one has anything!

No one has done there homework on this or that?
Delete first two posts please Mods!
Insomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:16 AM   #19
Jack Nelligan
IndyFan

Daughter?????

Have you ever thought that she could be Muttís twin sister and Marion just didnít tell Indy in the KOTCS since he was just hit with having a son. Maybe in all of the confusion, she just didnít have time to tell him. Maybe she was in the church at the wedding? Maybe she was over seas and couldnít make the wedding. Maybe she is Marionís daughter from her first marriage and Indy adopted her. Maybe that is Muttís wife and she just calls Indy Dad? If you think like a writer, there is always a way to make anything fit whatever you want it to fit.
Jack Nelligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 04:09 PM   #20
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Nelligan
Have you ever thought that she could be Muttís twin sister and Marion just didnít tell Indy in the KOTCS since he was just hit with having a son. Maybe in all of the confusion, she just didnít have time to tell him. Maybe she was in the church at the wedding? Maybe she was over seas and couldnít make the wedding. Maybe she is Marionís daughter from her first marriage and Indy adopted her.
Hi, Jack. She is too young for any of these possibilities and there are no kids at the wedding (apart from Mutt).
Quote:
Maybe that is Muttís wife and she just calls Indy Dad? If you think like a writer, there is always a way to make anything fit whatever you want it to fit.
Yes, that has been suggested before by a few people (including myself) in one of "daughter" threads I linked to on Page 1.

Anyway, welcome to The Raven.
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 02:44 PM   #21
AnnieJones
IndyFan

Quote:
Maybe that is Mutt’s wife and she just calls Indy Dad? If you think like a writer, there is always a way to make anything fit whatever you want it to fit.

If she were married to Mutt,she would be an awfully young wife.She was probably born,because of her age,between 1958 and 1959.Which when you think about it,it still makes her the right age to be their(Indy and Marion's)child.

Btw,welcome to The Raven!
Old 10-13-2009, 11:02 AM   #22
garzo
IndyFan

Maybe she was Mutt's daughter who was raised by her grandparents, Marion and Indy, after her father went missing in the Himalayas.

Growing up, she naturally called her grandparents "Mom" and "Dad."
garzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:21 AM   #23
AnnieJones
IndyFan

You should look at a thread called,Indiana jones ancestry http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=13510 where Adamwankenobi put the following.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamwankenobi
Alright, I've put together a family tree of all of Indy's known family members, based on the films and TV series (I include Henry Sr.'s unseen/unmentioned father and mother for illustrative purposes):

Henry Sr.'s father (let's call him "Walton") ---- Henry Sr.'s mother
|---------------------------|---------------------------------|
| |
Henry Walton Jones, Sr. ---- Anna Jones Grace -- unnamed American husband
|----------|------------------------| |
| | Frank
Henry Walton Jones, Jr. --- Marion Ravenwood Susie Jones
| |
unnamed daughter Mutt Williams
| | |
Spike Lucy Caroline Jones
| |
Annie Jones Harry Jones

Anna mentions Indy's "Uncle Pete" in the "Peking, March 1910" episode, but she isn't specific as to which side of the family this uncle is on.

Also, you probably noticed that I threw in a bit of speculation. I base it on this: In the "Ireland, April 1916" episode, Indy's daughter mentions "Lucy", which I assume is her own daughter. And the "Chicago, May 1916" episode that aired in the UK shows the same daughter from the "Ireland, April 1916" episode being the mother of Spike, who calls Indy "grandpa". So we have Indy's daughter, who is mother to Lucy and Spike, who are in turn two of Indy's grandchildren.

Also the "Peking, March 1910" episode shows Indy at Thanksgiving dinner with his family, during which his granddaughter Caroline and great-grandchildren Annie and Harry are shown. From this I infer that Indy has another offspring, which I'm gonna say is Mutt Williams, who would be father to Caroline and grandfather to Annie and Harry.

And of course, I'm assuming that Indy and Marion get together in KOTCS or sometime after.

Then I put this:
I have a new theory about this family tree thing.In the end credits of the episodes with old Indy's daughter and Spike in it,it doesn't say Spike Jones,it just says Spike,which means old Indy's daughter's maiden name is Jones and her married name is something else.
In the episodes with Caroline,Annie,and Harry,the end credits say Caroline Jones,Annie Jones,and Harry Jones,which means Caroline's maiden name is not Jones,but her married name is Jones.That would mean Caroline is married to a Jones and therefore not Mutt's daughter,but daughter-in-law and that means Mutt had a son.

So,here is a revised version of The Family Tree:

Henry Walton Jones, Sr. ---- Anna Jones                  
|
Henry Walton Jones, Jr. --- Marion Ravenwood
| |
Mutt Williams----Mutt's wife unnamed daughter
| | |
son----Caroline(wife) Spike Lucy
| |
Annie Jones Harry Jones
Old 10-14-2009, 05:54 AM   #24
Violet
Moderator Emeritus

Location: The Host City of the 2018 Commonwealth Games, Australia
Well-spotted, Annie. Though I am not somewhat not surprised that it was you who did spot it (though I would have thought Stoo would have seen that in the credits, ).

Since I don't own any original episodes (with the exception of "Curse of the Jackal") with Indy's kids and grandkids, I can't really see for myself.

Now here's the interesting part (of course, I do realise that this is all before KOTCS came out), are we to assume that Mutt adopts the Jones name or does he keep to Williams? Also, and once again, going back to the age old debate in this particular thread, is the un-named daughter or "Susan Daphne" as we have come to call her (thanks to Stoo and an Empire magazine article that took that name from the Indy Wiki), is she an menupausal baby as you have suggested in previous posts or is she an orphan adopted?

The possibility that she is Mutt's wife seems to disappear now in light of the credits.

Probably why old George cut the bookends (which is something I suggested years ago on this board, before KOTCS was even announced).
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:06 AM   #25
Jack Nelligan
IndyFan

Quote:
If she were married to Mutt,she would be an awfully young wife.She was probably born,because of her age,between 1958 and 1959.Which when you think about it,it still makes her the right age to be their(Indy and Marion's)child.

Btw,welcome to The Raven!

Maybe she is Mutt's Daughter and she just calls her granddad, Dad as some peple do???
Jack Nelligan is offline   Reply With Quote