Mickey Mouse as Indiana Jones

Le Saboteur

Got this in my email. Looks like a cool pic, and a collecting coup for East Coast enthusiasts and e-Bay scroungers!

INDI-MICKEY-CELL.jpg

Event: Mickey Mouse as Indiana Jones™ Ink and Paint Cel Premiere
Special Guests: Disney Design Group Artist, Costa Alavezos and Ink and Paint Artists, James Bonserio, Erin Magill, Theodora M. DeLaney, David Rippberger, Lynn Rippberger, Sharon K.Vincent
Event Date: Saturday, September 12, 2009
Event Times: 10:00 a.m. -1:00 p.m. & 2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Event Location: Studios Animation Gallery, Disney's Hollywood Studios™

The Disney Studios Animation Gallery at the Walt Disney World® Resort proudly presents the newest addition to their Disney Theme Park Exclusive Ink & Paint Cel Series, Mickey Mouse as Indiana Jones™!

Mickey Mouse as Indiana Jones™ is a limited edition, hand-painted cel with an edition size of only 1500 pieces. An exclusively designed pin has been created to commemorate the release of the new cel, the pin is only available with the first 750 orders placed for a framed cel only.

Full press-release and pricing details can be found here.

Stoo

Le Saboteur said:
Mickey Mouse as Indiana Jones? is a limited edition, hand-painted cel with an edition size of only 1500 pieces.
Hey, Saboteur.:hat: The question is, do each of the "1500 pieces" duplicate the same pose?:confused: If they're all the same, then these are just painted acetates on top of a background print and not actually animation cels (unless, there's some Mickey/Indy cartoon out there that I'm not aware of).

Le Saboteur

Stoo said:
Hey, Saboteur.:hat: The question is, do each of the "1500 pieces" duplicate the same pose?:confused: If they're all the same, then these are just painted acetates on top of a background print and not actually animation cels (unless, there's some Mickey/Indy cartoon out there that I'm not aware of).

Hey, Stoo. :hat: It's been a while.

How cool would a Mickey/Indy cartoon be? I'd go see it! There have been some small bits of animation produced though, to be used in advertising for the various resorts; can't find a specific example at the moment unfortunately. The one I'm thinking of is comparable to the above picture, but he's being chased by the boulder from Raiders, then whips himself to safety.

That said, I couldn't tell you if it's the same pose or not; the above info is taken verbatim from Disney's site. I suppose the only way to tell would be to actually go and buy one! And if not buy, at least look really hard.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
As a fan of the Mickey Mouse as Indiana Jones line, this is really awesome, though I certainly can't afford it, lol. I personally would love the pin that comes with it. I have the pin from the 10 anniversary of the ride (Mickey as Indy in a Jeep), the Mickey as Indy T-shirt and the Mickey as Indy baseball. If I return to Disneyland, I will definitely pick up the new soft toy Mickey as Indy (I was looking for one of those a couple of years ago when there was no such thing and the closest I could get to it was a Goofy in Adventureland costume) and anymore little tid bits that feature Mickey as Indy that I can take back to Oz.

RedeemedChild

Le Saboteur said:
Got this in my email. Looks like a cool pic, and a collecting coup for East Coast enthusiasts and e-Bay scroungers!

INDI-MICKEY-CELL.jpg

Event: Mickey Mouse as Indiana Jones? Ink and Paint Cel Premiere
Special Guests: Disney Design Group Artist, Costa Alavezos and Ink and Paint Artists, James Bonserio, Erin Magill, Theodora M. DeLaney, David Rippberger, Lynn Rippberger, Sharon K.Vincent
Event Date: Saturday, September 12, 2009
Event Times: 10:00 a.m. -1:00 p.m. & 2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Event Location: Studios Animation Gallery, Disney's Hollywood Studios?

The Disney Studios Animation Gallery at the Walt Disney World® Resort proudly presents the newest addition to their Disney Theme Park Exclusive Ink & Paint Cel Series, Mickey Mouse as Indiana Jones?!

Mickey Mouse as Indiana Jones? is a limited edition, hand-painted cel with an edition size of only 1500 pieces. An exclusively designed pin has been created to commemorate the release of the new cel, the pin is only available with the first 750 orders placed for a framed cel only.

Full press-release and pricing details can be found here.

To bad Disney has not made an animated parody of in Indiana Jones or Star Wars with Mickey Mouse. It's almost like Mickey Mouse does not get any movies or TV shows these days.

UIMJ

With Disney's recent purchase of Marvel Comics, I'd bet that they are gearing up to start more animated projects with their properties, including going back to the mouse.

Billy Ray

Speaking of Mickey as Indy, I have been meaning to post a pic of a t-shirt that we picked up for my 2 yr old at Wal-Mart. There is no mention of Indy, but Mickey is definitely wearing and Indy costume on it. Will take a pic when I get home.

Billy Ray

Here's the t-shirt that we picked up at Wal-Mart for my son. I know it says "Mickey's Animal Adventure", but that is clearly an Indy outfit he is wearing...right down to the whip!

IMG_17751.JPG

Stoo said:

All 1500 are the same; that's why they don't call them animation cels - just cels. Disney Parks have been creating and selling this format for years.

So, of course, I ordered the deluxe framed version ;)

Le Saboteur

throwmetheidol said:
All 1500 are the same; that's why they don't call them animation cels - just cels. Disney Parks have been creating and selling this format for years.

So, of course, I ordered the deluxe framed version ;)

And there's our answer! Thanks, idol. Or is that throw? Hell, thanks throwmetheidol. While I've seen plenty of actual animation cels available in the parks for sale, this is new to me! Unfortunately it's too rich for my blood at the moment.

ROB98374

In case anyone missed the article from TheRaider.net, there is a new entry in the Mickey as Indy line.
This looks pretty cool. It should be arriving in my mailbox soon!
disney_mickey.jpg

Mine arrived today - it looks awesome! I highly recommend this to anyone - it's well worth the $150!

Thanks to Brandon and Mitch for all their info and help in tracking one of these down.

Les

ROB98374

throwmetheidol said:
Mine arrived today - it looks awesome! I highly recommend this to anyone - it's well worth the $150!

Thanks to Brandon and Mitch for all their info and help in tracking one of these down.

Les

Why does Disneyland charge $60 to ship to two states away? :mad:
But, I did want it, and my only other option was ebay at $250.
So I bought it from Disneyland. I should get mine sooon. I'm going to have to go to Ikea again..