Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > General Indiana Jones Discussion
User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 11:53 AM   #1
Jack Nelligan
IndyFan

The Daughter of Indy and Willie?????

Would it be possible for the mysterious daughter of Indy to have actually been the child of Indy and Willie Scott?
Old 11-04-2009, 01:16 PM   #2
Crack that whip
IndyFan

Honestly, when I first saw her in the show back in the day when it first aired, I was actually guessing she could be the daughter of Willie and Indy, but of course there's nothing to substantiate it.

Given how the series has evolved since, I doubt she is now. Even if she was intended to be at the time her appearances were shot and shown, I don't think there's any intention on Lucas/Lucasfilm's part now of her being Willie's daughter - indeed, with the removal of the bookends her whole "official" existence may be up in the air now, though I believe it's all still canon until some definitive word from Lucasfilm says otherwise.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:30 PM   #3
Jack Nelligan
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crack that whip
Honestly, when I first saw her in the show back in the day when it first aired, I was actually guessing she could be the daughter of Willie and Indy, but of course there's nothing to substantiate it.

Given how the series has evolved since, I doubt she is now. Even if she was intended to be at the time her appearances were shot and shown, I don't think there's any intention on Lucas/Lucasfilm's part now of her being Willie's daughter - indeed, with the removal of the bookends her whole "official" existence may be up in the air now, though I believe it's all still canon until some definitive word from Lucasfilm says otherwise.

What if she is the product of Indy and Willie hooking up in Indy V? Wouldn’t that put her right about the correct age? I know Willie is older, but stranger things have happened.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:11 AM   #4
arkfinder
IndyFan

Let me give the answer Luke gave Darth Vader in ESB when Vader told him he was his Father:

"Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!"
Old 11-07-2009, 09:40 AM   #5
nitzsche
IndyFan

Could she not be Mutt's wife?
Old 11-07-2009, 11:27 AM   #6
Hanselation
IndyFan

Willi got a daughter from Indy-
So in Indiana Jones 5 we will see that Willi calls Indy to search their daughter
and Mutt will be surprised, when his he recognizes that his love interest is his stepsister.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:59 PM   #7
The Drifter
IndyFan

Location: The distant figure that walks the treeline. The man standing in the field.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitzsche

Er...They'd be half-brother and sister. That would be kinda nasty, don't you think?
Old 11-08-2009, 12:12 AM   #8
Attila the Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonsome_Drifter
Er...They'd be half-brother and sister. That would be kinda nasty, don't you think?

I think he meant the mysterious daughter in the Old Indy bits from YIJC, not Indy and Willie's hypothetical spawn.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:11 AM   #9
IndyFan89
IndyFan

There will never be a Indy 5 for us to find out.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:16 AM   #10
Attila the Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyFan89
There will never be a Indy 5 for us to find out.

You're very possibly right, but it's still not out of the question. As arkfinder said recently in another thread, the writing is the longest part of the process, and while they certainly don't have a good track record on getting that part done quickly, they can step it up if they really want to make it happen.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:36 PM   #11
The Drifter
IndyFan

Location: The distant figure that walks the treeline. The man standing in the field.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila the Professor
I think he meant the mysterious daughter in the Old Indy bits from YIJC, not Indy and Willie's hypothetical spawn.

Oh, I must have misread it. My apologizes.
Old 11-08-2009, 05:50 PM   #12
Indy Scout 117
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkfinder
Let me give the answer Luke gave Darth Vader in ESB when Vader told him he was his Father:

"Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!"
ha!! thats funny. no i think Willie was in ToD and meant to be only in ToD. she's just a part of Indy history now, and will never return...lost in the winds of time...lol.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:31 AM   #13
Jack Nelligan
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitzsche

I said the same thing in another thread. She could be Mutt's wife and just call Indy Dad as some daughters-in-law do.

I think it would be good to bring back Willie and see that she is no longer the self centered brat that she was in TOD.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:35 AM   #14
Robyn
IndyFan

With the way Indy's played around it's possible, but I certainly wouldn't like it!
Old 11-09-2009, 04:39 PM   #15
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Nelligan
What if she is the product of Indy and Willie hooking up in Indy V? Wouldn’t that put her right about the correct age?
Not if it takes place after "Skull"...(anyway, this thread is completely redundant).
Old 11-09-2009, 05:18 PM   #16
Jack Nelligan
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
Not if it takes place after "Skull"...(anyway, this thread is completely redundant).

Come on Stoo play along! Where do you think the daughter came from???
Old 11-09-2009, 05:33 PM   #17
Robyn
IndyFan

Quote:
What if she is the product of Indy and Willie hooking up in Indy V? Wouldn’t that put her right about the correct age? I know Willie is older, but stranger things have happened.

Come on now Jack, you know that's never gonna happen! It better not! If Steven and George shatter Indy and Marion's relationship and bring Willie back I will NEVER forgive them!

Quote:
Come on Stoo play along! Where do you think the daughter came from???

Actually Stoo has played this game before! It's in the Young Indy section.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:38 PM   #18
Jack Nelligan
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn
Come on now Jack, you know that's never gonna happen! It better not! If Steven and George shatter Indy and Marion's relationship and bring Willie back I will NEVER forgive them!

I think it would be Indy and Marion who shatter their relationship. Both have such strong personalities that I find it hard to see how they stay together.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:57 PM   #19
Robyn
IndyFan

Quote:
I think it would be Indy and Marion who shatter their relationship. Both have such strong personalities that I find it hard to see how they stay together.

Na! No way they'd break up now, after everything they've been through.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:06 PM   #20
Attila the Professor

Quote:
Na! No way they'd break up now, after everything they've been through.

Yeah, like the first two break-ups. (I know the first one was basically forced, but still.)
Old 11-09-2009, 06:12 PM   #21
AnnieJones
IndyFan

Quote:
Would it be possible for the mysterious daughter of Indy to have actually been the child of Indy and Willie Scott?
No,because she is the wrong age.She was born sometime in the late 1950s,early 1960s.In 1935 is when TOD took place.
here is a quote that OldIndy2323 put on the Indy has a daughter? thread(on page 7).And I must say,I agree with OldIndy2323 about the approximate age of everyone on the list,seen here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldIndy2323
Here's what I have come up with on this topic using a bit of research and some speculation:

1958: Susan Jones is born to Indy and Marion (Using the actress's age in "Ireland 1916" and named "Susan" after Indy's sister who died as an infant --"Peking 1910". Although highly unusual, it's not impossible that the child was Indy's and Marion's, based on their ages)

1958: Caroline Jones is born to Mutt after a whirlwind romance (age of actress in "Peking 1910", Caroline says, "..how's it look Grandpa..")

1977: Susan Jones marries and gives birth to Mark/"Spike" (named "Mark" after the actor who portrayed him and using the only possible age for Susan Jones to have a 16 year old son in 1993--"Mystery of the Blues" UK version)

1982: Susan Jones gives birth to Lucy (age of character in "Ireland 1916", based on the idea of an elementary school grandparent's tea and a logical age spread between siblings.)

1986: Caroline Jones gives birth to Annie Jones, Indy's first great grandchild (age of actress in "Peking 1910" and Old Indy's narration, "...my father, your great great grandfather...")

1988: Caroline Jones gives birth to Harry Jones, Indy's second great grandchild (age of actor in "Peking 1910", same quote as above plus, "..your mother's right...")

Last edited by AnnieJones : 11-09-2009 at 06:33 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:15 PM   #22
AnnieJones
IndyFan

Other threads about Indy's daughter can be found here:
Indy has a daughter?
Indy should have a daughter
Indiana Jones and Marion Ravenwood's Daughter

Last edited by AnnieJones : 11-09-2009 at 06:31 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:11 PM   #23
Robyn
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila the Professor
Yeah, like the first two break-ups. (I know the first one was basically forced, but still.)

I know Indy has left Marion multiple times before, but at this point in their life I think they're ready to stay married.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:24 PM   #24
The Drifter
IndyFan

Quote:
I know Indy has left Marion multiple times before, but at this point in their life I think they're ready to stay married.

Blech!

tencharacters
Old 11-09-2009, 10:48 PM   #25
Robyn
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonsome_Drifter
Blech!

tencharacters

Aw, come on Lonsome, you and Kiki are happily married and you can't let Indy be?
Closed Thread