What Kind Of Car Does Indy Drive???

Nurhachi1991

Wow dude your making more pointless threads than I did when I first joined and thats saying something! haha :hat:

Stoo

1950 - a pale green, 1949 GMC pick-up truck (but I don't think it's his).
1990s - a green, 1952 Plymouth

His car in "Crusade" is the tricky one...

emtiem

According to City of the Gods (which never got made of course!) he drives a BMW 328 Roadster, which makes good sense to me.

Stoo

Lonsome_Drifter said:
He drives a FORD truck! HAHA, get it? Get it!?
In an early draught of "Crusade", Indy drove a Ford Coupe! Marcus has a coupe in "Raiders" but I don't think it's a Ford.:(
emtiem said:
According to City of the Gods (which never got made of course!) he drives a BMW 328 Roadster, which makes good sense to me.
If Indy bought German than I guess he wasn't holding any grudges after the war!;) He also drove, what is described as, an "olive-drab panel truck" in City of the Gods (the one that Yuri borrows and turns into a fake US military vehicle) which would have looked something like this but olive and in better condition. Several companies made them but I chose a Ford, of course.

1955 Ford F-100 panel truck:

0810clt_15_z+30th_ford_f100_supernationals+1955_ford_panel_truck.jpg

Nurhachi1991 said:
Wow dude your making more pointless threads than I did when I first joined and thats saying something! haha:hat:
Frankly, I find this more interesting than what r u eating/Maple Story/DSI threads.;)

Some brief, related ones for anyone with interest:

W-W-I-D? Circa 1950? "WWID" is supposed to mean "What Would Indy Drive?"
What Model/Year Car in Official Video

Jack Nelligan

Nurhachi1991 said:
Wow dude your making more pointless threads than I did when I first joined and thats saying something! haha :hat:

There may be a reason I started this thread that you don't need to understand! :whip:

Feel free do leave the discussion at any time of you think it is pointless.:gun:

A2Steve

I remember when I came back from Asia at the airport to rent a car, I had to ask, "What would Indiana Jones pick?" and then I saw it..... and had to go with it.
imgChrysler%20PT%20Cruiser3.jpg

For that brief period of time, the feeling was right.... too bad no Nazis or enflamed arabs were on hand.... :gun:

Stoo

Kooshmeister said:
If you mean the long black car that pulls into the driveway at Henry's house, it's a 1934 Chevrolet.
Yes, that's the one I mean (Indy gets out of the driver's seat) and I believe you're right! I thought it might have been a Ford but it was lacking the the bow in the front fender & shield-shaped grille that are so distinctive of Fords from the early '30s. Good eye, Koosh, and nice to see you posting again!:hat:

IndyCar_Crusade_34Chevy.jpg

Indyfan85 said:
Jones wouldn't drive no PT cruiser.
Don't put it past him.:p Not that model posted above but maybe an earlier one (after his Plymouth conked out!)

lao che & sons

there is a great site called imcdb.com (internet movie car database) that has all of the information about thec ars indy drives in the films,and tv series:cool:

A2Steve

Attila the Professor said:
Eh, I can see the reasoning. The vague suggestion of running boards and all.

thank you! It has a 40s look, at least as close as you can get at the car rental....

I was reminded of an old Fantastic Four comic where Sue Storm and Nick Fury I think were stuck in the 40s and had to blend their SHIELD car into NYC and the best they could so was a hologram of a UPS truck. It just sorta went from there.... :eek:

Stoo

It's a Rolls!

Kooshmeister said:
If you mean the long black car that pulls into the driveway at Henry's house, it's a 1934 Chevrolet.
Stoo said:
Yes, that's the one I mean (Indy gets out of the driver's seat) and I believe you're right! I thought it might have been a Ford but it was lacking the the bow in the front fender & shield-shaped grille that are so distinctive of Fords from the early '30s. Good eye, Koosh, and nice to see you posting again!:hat:

IndyCar_Crusade_34Chevy.jpg
Rocket Surgeon found the car up for auction and mentioned it in post #10 of this thread: Profiles in History auction

It's not a '34 Chevy. It's a Rolls-Royce!

"Indiana Jones's Rolls Royce could be a great investment at Barons' auction
Also featured in films Atonement and Gosford Park, this classic 20/25 is up for sale in the UK

(The photo won't copy over...)

Baron's auctioneers will play host to a very special sale of classic cars dating from the 1930s to today, later this month (July 27)."
Rocket Surgeon said: