What Fedora Do You Own?

Which Fedora Do You Own

• Total voters

tocksic

I own an "Akubra Federation IV reg." from hatsdirect. And finally soon to come the "King of Hats": An Adventurebilt Deluxe by Marc Kitter.

This is my Akubra:

2480393733_fed370cba5_b.jpg

Tennessee R

tocksic said:
I own an "Akubra Federation IV reg." from hatsdirect.

This is my Akubra:

2480393733_fed370cba5_b.jpg

Same here, been to 3 countries with me so far. Good and durable, I even threw some dirt on it when I first got it.

The Akubra is an excellent hat. Does anyone think that it may be a bit taller than Indy's, no matter how you shape it, or is it just me?

Ironclaw

indyclone25 said:
hi i have a downtowner and i have pics , but my downtowner was one of the first ones made by todd.so my height of the crown was a bit taller than what it is now. todd also told me that they have fixed the height of the downtowner to match that of their uptowner which i also have ( i will post pics of both hats) so if you decide on the downtowner you will be quite pleased with it i'm sure.
the downtowner----- is stiff like the dorfman hat but has the brim that looks like the style from the film and the hat is very streets of cairo looking.
in this pic the downtowner is set next to my dorfman --so you can see the difference of the height of the hat
newindyhat007.jpg

in these two next pics , they showcase the uptowner(on the left) and the downtowner (on the right) as you can see the the uptowner is shorter in the crown of the downtowner , but mind you they have corrected the size of the crown of the downtowner to match with the uptowner now.
the downtowner being much stiffer holds it shape when placed on a hard surface.
newuptowner004.jpg

newuptowner002.jpg

so i hope this helps in your decision on buying a downtowner :D i wear mine just bout every other day ( i switch off between my up and downtowners)they are both great hats and great affordable prices !

Ok, another question, just for clarification: you stated your downtowner was an older version. So in terms of what I would theoretically get, is the picture you have more accurate (with the height being the exception), or is the picture on todd's website? The reason being is that the pic of yours has slightly greenish tones to it; I'm trying to see if the color on Todd's is closer, or your camera's depiction is closer.

http://www.toddscostumes.com/cgi/commerce.cgi?search=action&category=3533

The picture there has a lighter brown to it.

indyclone25

i will take another picture of the hat in different lighting , because in other pictures( i have taken with iton ) it looked a bit darker.

indyhats006.jpg

indyhats005-1.jpg

indyhats002-1.jpg

Last edited:
Own a Crystal Skull Fedora

http://www.charitybuzz.com/catalog_items/11362

Includes: a signature "Indiana Jones hat" from the personal collection of George Lucas. This is also signed by Harrison Ford. In condition as donated, may not be returned or exchanged.

He's a Professor of Archeology, expert on the occult and obtainer of rare antiquities. He's fought Nazis, outrun boulders and glimpsed beyond the veil of the known world. He's gone in search of the Ark of the Covenant, the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and even the Holy Grail - but Indy's greatest treasure belongs to the man in the hat himself!

Now, you have the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to own one of the famous fedoras actually worn by Harrison Ford during production of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Of the custom fedoras used during the filming of Indy's fourth big screen adventure, this is one of the "slightly aged" versions of the iconic headgear, showcased when the rugged and rumpled adventurer has gotten himself into a tight spot.

Indiana Jones' hat is arguably one of the most famous hats in cinema history. This hat is particularly special as it is from the personal collection of the director--the one and only George Lucas!

Add this very special piece of movie memorabilia to your collection!

Terms: Includes: a signature "Indiana Jones hat" from the personal collection of George Lucas. This is also signed by Harrison Ford. In condition as donated, may not be returned or exchanged.
Donated by: George Lucas, Harrison Ford

Mickiana

If I had the money to splash around I just might.... but I don't. Anyway, my Penman Raiders is arriving soon. That will do for now.

kongisking

Mine's a Dorfman Pacific, made of 100% wool. Pretty rigid. Picks up dust and hair very easily. Has a neat plastic inside, with the Indy logo.

Exulted Unicron

I've been offered a large Dorfman for £35. Which is a shame because I am a medium. But hey, it'll replace my current almost 3 year old Disney Dorfman

Webley

I have a Miller.
This is what it looks like on my head.
S1010132.jpg

I think I look like a smart ass in this photo.

Goodeknight

My first Indy hat was a licensed one (Stetson, I think) right after TOD came out. No lining, just a drawing of Indy with torn shirt and sword. Still have it in a box somewhere. Too small now, but someday my son will wear it. (He doesn't yet know it exists.)

My main Indy hat now is a Dorfman Pacific, which I am happy with because of the nice price -- in fact, I got it for free from a friend/boss at work. Somehow it shrunk and didn't fit her husband anymore, so she had it in her trunk and was going to give it to Salvation Army. I snapped it up first. Reshaped it numerous times myself.

In between TOD and the fairly recent DP, I wore a crushable Orvis fedora. Very close to the Indy look, and my most comfortable hat.

The DP has a leather sweatband that is kind of rigid and not very comfortable, especially on hot days when sweat seems to build up under the band. But the crushable Orvis hat has a cloth band that shapes well to the head, and soaks up moisture well.

Question: Are any of the more expensive hats really comfortable? Do they have better sweatbands than my DP? Just wondering.

One last note, I recently got a great looking fedora from Bass Pro Shop, a RedHead, olive color, canvas with a mesh crown - canvas on the very top and the full brim. It has an Indy feel to it, but without looking like I'm trying to be Indiana Jones. Great hat for camping, hiking, etc., without being costumey.

If I find time, I'll try to post some pics of all four hats together.

BDK1429

I ordered what I thought was a Christy's fedora from themovieshop.com. Needless to say it was not. If anyone is thinking about ordering anything from them DON'T. I can not stress this enough, there's no contact number that I can find for them though they at least have an email address you can use to contact them. The fedora itself isn't that bad however the crown tapered which any gearhead worth his salt knows is inaccurate. Soon after I convinced my (which wasn't difficult at all...my wife is an AWESOME woman) to let me order a Penman Raiders. That was about 5 or so months ago and so well worth the wait. The crown is perfect IMHO as well as the over all shape. I bashed it Raiders style as that for me is the only way to bash an Indy fedora. (With all due respect to anyone that disagrees) Long story short, if you have the means and a loving, understanding wife who thinks her husbands semi-obession with Indiana Jones is endearing then I highly recommend ordered one. You will not be disappointed.(y)

Thundermug

Hey all, long-time lurker, recent poster. I was at a flea market in here Chicago last weekend and found a Dobb's fedora for ten dollars. 5" crown and 3" brim. I trimmed the brim to length, shaped the crown and put on a ribbon. Pics:

4838860337_abeaf90bd0_o.jpg

4838860397_85f691a92e_o.jpg

4838860579_ebdd8605d2_o.jpg

I took the hat to Optimo. I didn't want it cleaned and blocked (can't afford it anyway). I just wanted the ribbon. Well, they said no. They gave me some ribbon for free, and I went for it.

tekors

I currently own an AB Henry... and i am very very pleased with the hat. I have a Raiders bash wich I prefer and overtime the lid is getting better and better, getting more character and the colour should fade to a lighter brown... :D

DSCF5878.jpg

DSCF6283.jpg

DSCF6258.jpg

(y)