Indiana Jones and the Smoking Mirror

tocksic

Since February 2009 I'm working on a full-length Indiana Jones novel. I mentioned it in this thread before. My aim was to produce something that distinguishes from 'average' fan-fiction in terms of complexity and research. Unfortunately for now the project is only planed in German. So this may only be interesting for those who speak it... The novel will also be produced as audio book - read by German actor, author & whip expert Robert Amper.

The title is Indiana Jones und der Rauchende Spiegel - Indiana Jones and the Smoking Mirror. It's about an old Aztec artifact: the Smoking Mirror of Tezcatlipoca -the Aztec god of war, darkness and death. (The story has nothing to do with the game Broken Sword II: The Smoking Mirror ;) :p )This is the website of the project.

reveal.png

Hanselation

Sounds quite good!

So finally you tell us the title of your Indiana Jones novel. :D
A very nice Mac Guffin, very similar to the ark of convenant. Could become a nice story. (y)
I'm waiting eagerly to read the hole story.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. :hat:

tocksic

Tanks! :cool:

Oh I just saw I typed something wrong. By "actor, author & whip expert Robert Amper" I meant "actor, director & whip expert Robert Amper" :p

I just translated the blurb:

1940 – Just having a narrow escape from frosty death in the Himalayas, intrepid archeologist Indiana Jones finds himself stumbling into the next adventure: When his friend Marcus Brody asks him to help an old fellow student of his, a race up against the Nazis around half the globe begins in pursuit of a mystic Aztec artifact: “the Smoking Mirror of Tezcatlipoca”. Indy tries to protect it from the Germans for legend has it, that it brings death and darkness over mankind; it even has the power to annihilate entire cultures. Can Indy stop the intimidating SS officer Friedrich von Burgwald and his men, put paid to the Nazis sinister plans and save the allies, maybe even humanity, from their demise?

“Doctor Jones, I’m known for getting what I want!”
“And I’m known for not doing what I’m told to!”

Fast paced, dirty and with the most sarcastic grin in the history of movie making – a novel rarely has been this close and honest to the Indiana Jones saga.

Last edited:
Cool to see Megan Fox is involved in the project too!!! ;)

Jokes apart, the idea seems to be really intriguing!! It does have a lot of potential. Hope you will find some volunteer translators eventually, but, in any case, congratulations!! :gun:

tocksic

The Stranger said:
Hope you will find some volunteer translators eventually, but, in any case, congratulations!! :gun:

Maybe. No one knows what the future holds! ;) Almost forgot: I'm going to release a new step of the cover every sunday.

By the way: This project is on facebook now, so even if you don't speak German, please become a fan so word on the project can spread. :whip:

(y)

Great!! Now that it's made its glorious and unexpected entrance, I'm so eager to see that horse-riding silhouette once it will be completed. ;)

Is the picture supposed to be colored also, or you do plan of leaving it black and white??

tocksic said:
By the way: This project is on facebook now, so even if you don't speak German, please become a fan so word on the project can spread. :whip:

Eh... I think I am one of the twelve/thirteen people in the entire world who still manage to strenuously resist the idea of bending to Facebook. Otherwise I would have been pleased to. Really.

tocksic

The Stranger said:
(y)

Great!! Now that it's made its glorious and unexpected entrance, I'm so eager to see that horse-riding silhouette once it will be completed. ;)

Is the picture supposed to be colored also, or you do plan of leaving it black and white??

Thx! But Kudos have to go to Martin, my great illustrator. (y) It's going to be colored after the pencil drawing is finished. :)

Ska

indyclone25 said:
the nazi with the hat looks a bit like ray liotta, great drawing, can't wait to see more

I was going to say the same thing about Ray Liotta.

Looks great!

tocksic

Incomes the next step of the cover! I hope you like it as much as I do! So lovely what Martin creates here. I can't wait to see the big Indy. :cool:

smokingmirrorwork04.jpg

marcus.jpg