Curse of the Jackal Preservation Project

foreignerfred

I have the complete pilot/movie Curse of the Jackal (as originally aired) on VHS, and I'm thinking about starting a preservation project.

Since the movie is canon, I would like to create a dvd with similar menus as the feature films along with a few other ideas.

This isn't a "FAN EDIT," this is a preservation project. This movie is top quality and worthy of being canon (thanks to KOTCS), and worthy of being preserved as originally imagined, Old Indy and all.

...But I need help.

T.E.Lawrence

foreignerfred said:
I have the complete pilot/movie Curse of the Jackal (as originally aired) on VHS, and I'm thinking about starting a preservation project.

Since the movie is canon, I would like to create a dvd with similar menus as the feature films along with a few other ideas.

This isn't a "FAN EDIT," this is a preservation project. This movie is top quality and worthy of being canon (thanks to KOTCS), and worthy of being preserved as originally imagined, Old Indy and all.

...But I need help.

Dear Foreignerfred.
Original Broadcasts are already preserved thanks to famous Beowulf DVD set. I have used this source for most of the restoration of the Original Broadcast Music Credits project that we were able to complete at the end (the music quality varies of course).

DVD set includes all episodes that are mostly 1st generation Stereo VHS-SP TV recording transfered to MPG2 with DVD-Menus (but not all 1st generation). Maybe if your quality is really that good it would be interesting to made additonal preservation of some episodes. I have already mentioned that probably it is possible to still find BETA-SP copies of the original broadcasts inside arhives of some TV companies - and that would be a holy grail for preservation too.

What kind of help do you need?

Best Wishes.

foreignerfred

T.E.Lawrence said:
Dear Foreignerfred.
Original Broadcasts are already preserved thanks to famous Beowulf DVD set. I have used this source for most of the restoration of the Original Broadcast Music Credits project that we were able to complete at the end (the music quality varies of course).

DVD set includes all episodes that are mostly 1st generation Stereo VHS-SP TV recording transfered to MPG2 with DVD-Menus (but not all 1st generation). Maybe if your quality is really that good it would be interesting to made additonal preservation of some episodes. I have already mentioned that probably it is possible to still find BETA-SP copies of the original broadcasts inside arhives of some TV companies - and that would be a holy grail for preservation too.

Best Wishes.

Thanks for not just ignoring me like the tens of others that passed through. I guess I should just find beowulf's set.

Sorry for wasting everyone's time.

Stoo

foreignerfred said:
Thanks for not just ignoring me like the tens of others that passed through.
You asked for help (only 2 days ago) but you didn't specify what kind of help you needed. What did you expect?:confused:

AtomicAnt

T.E.Lawrence said:
Dear Foreignerfred.

Best Wishes.
Where can one find this Beowulf set? Is there a link or anything?

T.E.Lawrence

AtomicAnt said:
Where can one find this Beowulf set? Is there a link or anything?

Sorry for the long delay of my reply. Just checked now my private messages and threads that I missed. Yes I have a Beowulf set. If there will be more people interested in this I will try to think how to solve that. Or maybe to send a copy over snail mail to one person who will take it to himself to upload it somewhere further for trusted members and research projects of this forum. If anyone has a suggestion for that (Internet web space or some upload services etc - what would be the best etc) go ahead. Will help from my part for sure as much it is possible.

Also I have to mention this too. I was searching for Beowulf set for years and was realy commited to find the set. So in that case I want to send my great thanks and credits to the noble user "Edward The Head" who was so kind to share his personal archive with me and to send me the set. It was a great experiance to be in communication with him at the time. I hope that he still reads forum from time to time. Thank you Edward so much once more.

I also tried few times to establish contact with Beowulf during last few years but without luck. I had his email address but it seems he has changed the contact email some time ago.

Best Wishes