Unreleased 'Young Indy' Music in Staff of Kings (Wii/PS2 version)

Dear 'Young Indy' Music Completionists and Fans,

I need your good ears to help identify the music in the videos below!

Been watching some walkthroughs on YouTube, and it has occurred to me that the soundtrack is littered with unreleased music, not previously featured in the Lego games or the DVD extra content. So, I took it upon myself to compile a list, which features exactly 21 pieces of music, which, to the best of my knowledge, are all previously unreleased tracks, or are at least, extensions of existing ones. Of this number, I have managed to identify only 11 of them. You will notice I have added little footnotes above each video, which indicate where each track begins and stops [those which have been identified, have the DVD duration period listed for comparison(s)].

I've been working with InexorableTash, here on The Raven, to put together this list, in order to help further complete his database at youngindianajonesmusic.com. I'm told that it is possible to legally rip audio files from console Discs and save them to a desktop in mp3 format (like in the Lego Indy games), but alas, we still have yet to test this (I don't own a Wii). Does anybody have a copy of the game they would be willing to experiment with, so we can find out for sure?) Even if this is not possible, at least we know that the music is out there in one form or another!

I would like to apologize in advance for the quality of the walkthrough videos. Though all are available in HD 1080p, the game itself, is not very polished. At times, it can be quite difficult to listen to the music because the sound design is rather jarring. The soundtrack will sometimes get completely swallowed by some background SFX, dialogue and other actions on the screen. All you can, do is turn up your volume (but no too high), listen hard and listen carefully! I appreciate your understanding and patience ... (special thanks go to WishingTikal and JDGamerWalkthroughs on YouTube, for uploading these awesome videos)!

Just to avoid confusion, because I modeled this list after InexorableTash's Episode Cue List, some "identified" tracks are labelled as "Untitled", which just means: they have not been given names, yet. The titles I have provided in brackets are just short descriptions which add context, and are not, by any means, legitimate or "finalized" titles (but, it doesn't hurt to make suggestions, eh Tash?).

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this already bloated post, and I invite all who read this to, please, preview these videos whenever you get the chance (we need all the help we can get)! Feel free to take your time and to do it gradually, because there is enough to get through ...

Best regards,
flyingace1939

P.S. This is modified post from a post I contributed in the "Soundtracks?" thread. I highly recommend it to anyone who is interested in finding out more about the series' music beyond this game.

--

1) Starting Menu - *Identified*: Untitled ["Archduke's Palace" (background/source music)] from Perils of Cupid/Vienna, 1908.

Walkthrough Duration: 0:16 - 0:48 DVD Duration: 0:29:22 - 0:31:08

2) Sudan mission (Combat Tutorial) - *Identified*: "Connecting the Cable" (Incomplete) from Espionage Escapades/Prague, 1917.

Walkthrough Duration: 9:26 - 14:03
DVD Duration: 1:24:49 - 1:25:40, 1:26:23 - 1:27:42, & 1:29:15 - 1:29:37

3) Sudan mission (Combat Tutorial) - *Identified*: "Dogfight with the Red Baron" (Possible Extension) from Attack of the Hawkmen.

Walkthrough Duration: 14:03 - 16:12 DVD Duration: 0:33:57 - 0:34:45

(Video Above)

4) Chinatown mission ('Black Cat' Crossing) - Unknown Track

Walkthrough Duration: 1:07 - 1:21

5) Chinatown mission (Secret Basement Under "Tan's Exotic Imports") - Unknown Track.

Walkthrough Duration: 4:40 - 5:04 & 5:19 - 5:48

(Video Above)

6) Chinatown mission [The Star of the Orient (in-game cut-scene)] - *Identified*: Untitled ("The Great Wall Scene") from Journey of Radiance/Peking, 1910.

Walkthrough Duration: 4:47 - 5:05 DVD Duration: 0:57:05 - 0:57:22

(Video Above)

7) Panama mission ('Recovery' from the Shoot-out in the Mayan Ruin) - *Identified*: Untitled ("Plan ... has ... failed") from Daredevils of the Desert.

Walkthrough Duration: 11:29 - 11:40 DVD Duration: 0:59:10 - 0:59:18

8) Panama mission [In-game Cut-scene (Indy Overlooking the Camp at the Lagoon)] - *Identified*: Untitled ("The Lighthorsemen Behold Beersheba") from Daredevils of the Desert.

Walkthrough Duration: 12:30 - 12:46 DVD Duration: 0:58:20 - 0:58:36

(Video Above)

9) Panama mission (Shootout at the Falls/Temple of the Three Rivers) - *Identified*: "Assault on Gaza" (Extended) from Daredevils of the Desert.

Walkthrough Duration: 3:11 - 4:45 DVD Duration: 0:00:28 - 0:02:59

10) Panama mission (Entering the Sacred Tree Room) - *Identified*: Untitled ["It's Beersheba!" from Daredevils of the Desert (Hard to hear due to SFX)].

Walkthrough Duration: 8:28 - 8:50 DVD Duration: 0:49:18 - 0:49:33

(Video Above)

11) Panama mission (Knocking the Three Stone Heads) - *Identified*: Untitled ["Alexander and His Troops" from Treasure of the Peacock's Eye (Again, hard to hear, listen carefully)].

Walkthrough Duration: 17:09 - 17:22 DVD Duration: 0:15:00 - 0:15:17

(Video Above)

12) Panama mission (Mayan Astronomy Puzzle) - Unknown, Possible Extended Track (Fragments from previous Lego Indy Games).

Walkthrough Duration: 13:20 - 15:43

13) Istanbul mission (Trapped with the Nazi Agents) - Unknown Track.

Walkthrough Duration: 3:56 - 5:03

14) Istanbul mission (Third Descent into the Catacombs) - Unknown Track.

Walkthrough Duration: 21:01 - 22:08

(Video Above)

15) Istanbul mission (Activating the Final Statue) - Unknown Cue.

Walkthrough Duration: 30:32 - 30:50

(Video Above)

16) Istanbul mission (Floor Puzzle solved/Final Battle with the Nazi Agents) - *Identified*: Untitled ("First Battle with the Pirates") from Treasure of the Peacock's Eye.

Walkthrough Duration: 31:32 - 33:00 DVD Duration: 0:46:08 - 0:48:16

(Video Above)

17) Istanbul Mission (Turkish Spider Tunnel) - *Identified*: Untitled ("Edith and the Sheikh" from Tales of Innocence/Morroco, 1917).

Walkthrough Duration: 0:20 - 0:51 DVD Duration: 1:16:03 - 1:16:37

18) Nepal Mission (The Chasm) - Unknown Cue.

Walkthrough Duration: 5:42 - 5:48

19) Nepal Mission (Demolishing the Boulder) - Unknown Cue.

Walkthrough Duration: 15:27 - 15:35

(Video Above)

20) Nepal Mission (Entering the Nepalese Temple) - Unknown Cue.

Walkthrough Duration: 0:11 - 0:22

21) Nepal Mission (Solving the Reed Basket Riddle) - Unknown Track.

Walkthrough Duration: 6:57 - 7:33

(Video Above)

Last edited:

Indyfan82

I have no idea on this, but it's awesome to see unused and/or unreleased music from "The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles" make its way into Indiana Jones video games! Thanks for posting.:whip: :) :cool:

More identified tracks!

Was hoping to get this out before the new year, but better late than never. Happy 2017, everyone! :whip:

Good news: I've managed to identify five more elusive tracks! The bad news (sort of) is that only four of those five are from Young Indy. That's right, I made a blunder, and included music from the feature films, albeit still unofficially released. We can cross off track #20 from our list and just keep it 'on the back burner' so to speak. "Entering the Nepalese Temple" is in fact the alternative track to Raiders' "Indy Rides the Statue", but to the best of my knowledge it has never been included in an official release of the film's soundtrack (nor does it appear in the actual film). Curiously, a YouTuber by the name of 2041 Productions has uploaded this very piece, take a listen:

The original source might've been from a bootleg of the recording sessions or something. I have not been able to find out for sure. Does anybody know the true source of this music? Either way, its cool to know that SoK is rich with unreleased music from beyond the TV series - amazing, when you consider the vast library of music the game's developers had access to! I wonder what other forgotten gems might be scattered throughout the game ... :D :cool:

--

Onto Young Indy:

1) I would like to make a correction to track #3, which plays during the second half of the Sudan mission's combat tutorial. A while back, Tash pointed out that some unused music from Attack of the Hawkmen appears briefly, here. At the time, I was not able to identify this new music, so I just sort of brushed it off as an extension to the already existing "Dogfight with the Red Baron". Further examination of the video has lead to me discover that Tash is in fact, correct. While "Dogfight" is predominantly featured, it is mixed with roughly forty-five seconds of the unreleased "To the Chateau". Here's a breakdown with the video for reference:

Walkthrough Duration: 14:03 - 16:12

Track Breakdown:
i) "Dogfight w/the Red Baron" (previously released on DVD) 14:03 - 14:51
ii) "To the Chateau" (unreleased) 14:51 - 15:24*
iii) "Dogfight w/the Red Baron" (resumes) 15:24 - 16:12

DVD Duration: 0:24:25 - 0:25:00* ("To the Chateau" plays during the short scene where Hobey Baker takes off in his biplane to rescue Indy, who had just been shot down by the Baron Von Richthofen!).

2) Another suite was arranged for track #12, Panama mission's "Mayan Astronomy Puzzle", this time using music from Oganga: The Giver and Taker of Life/Congo, 1917. The unreleased portion in question is exactly fifty-two seconds from "Petty Bureaucrat With a Gun". It is mixed with two previously released tracks, "Rostand's River Arrest" and "Delirious Indy".

Walkthrough Duration: 13:20 - 15:43

Track Breakdown:
i) "Rostands' River Arrest" (previously released in Lego Indy 2) 13:20 - 14:00
ii)"Petty Bureaucrat w/a Gun" (unreleased) 14:00 - 14:52*
iii)"Delirious Indy" (previously released in Lego Indy 1) 14:52 - 15:43

DVD Duration: 1:17:41 - 1:19:38* (All of these tracks, except "Delirious", are used during the night-time arrest of Albert Schweitzer. It is unfortunate that there is still approximately one minute of material missing from "Bureaucrat", because that preceded by "River Arrest" and arranged with OST #2's "Albert Schweitzer, Prisoner of War", would have made the score for this climactic scene complete).

3) A little more streamlined; track #14, Istanbul's "Third Descent Into the Catacombs" relies on "You Look Uncomfortable" from Trenches of Hell/Germany, 1916. It too does not appear to be in it's complete form as only one minute of its run time can be heard in the walkthrough (in the episode, it clocks in around two and a half minutes).

Walkthrough Duration: 21:01 - 22:08

DVD Duration: 0:54:54 - 0:56:17 ("You Look Uncomfortable" is used for the scene when Capt. Heinz confronts and intimidates Benet in the prisoner's quarters. Benet retorts: "It must be that smell Captain Heinz. The smell of Germany, the armpit of Europe!" :p P.S. I mean no ill will to any German people).

4) Finally, we have yet another piece from Daredevils of the Desert; track #21, Nepal's "Solving the Reed Basket Riddle" is from an unreleased track which I named "Thirsting for Water" (not very original I know, I am open to any other suggestions) :eek: .

Walkthrough Duration: 6:57 - 7:33

DVD Duration: 0:47:51 - 0:48:24 (As suggested by the made up title, this is a scene where the British and Australian Lighthorse Regiment are subjected to the sweltering Arabian sun while on the trek to Beersheeba. They are literally thirsting for water because they're supply is almost dried up and their horses are perishing in the desert).

--

That's it for now! I hope that despite not owning the actual game, I have been able to provide so far, the best possible, clear and concise guide that I can muster. Please don't hesitate to holler down below if you have any questions or concerns, as I would be happy to address them! Also, I would like to know if scene descriptions (like the kinds made in this post) for each of the identified tracks would be helpful in understanding their episodic context? Some of my earlier finds don't have them, as you may be able to tell. On a separate matter, would you guys like to see a complete updated list with all of these recent changes implemented, or is this post/update sufficient enough?

Cheerios,
Ace :gun:

Last edited: