CINESCAPE tidbit and EXACT STARLOG quote from SPIELBERG.

Ken

Hello everyone-

This means absolutely nothing, but this was at CINESCAPE.com this morning. We all know what the deal is because everyone else has confrimed it (especially Spielberg on Oprah yesterday).
Cinescape Exclusive
Saturn Exclusive: INDIANA JONES 4 to shoot this year?
Probably not, but?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dateline: Friday, June 14, 2002

By: CHRISTOPHER ALLAN SMITH
By: News Editor

In a surprising quote from Paramount Pictures president Sherry Lansing indicated the recently announced INDIANA JONES 4 could start shooting? later this year.

That?s right, but that?s not definite. Read the quotes yourself.

While talking exclusively to a CINESCAPE reporter at the 28th annual Saturn Awards, Lansing said, ?It looks like it?s real. As you know, we concluded our deal with Steven [Spielberg] and George [Lucas] and they have a writer writing? As soon as their happy with it, along with Harrison [Ford], I?m sure we?ll be happy too. I certainly hope it?s within this year we get to start making this movie. I don?t know if it will be, but I can hope. We?re really, really excited, and I know they?re excited. They?re keeping it very close to their vest.?

She said it would still be a 2005 release. But if it did start shooting this year?

?Well you know. I live in hope,? she said.

So do we.

I am assuming what she means by "making" is the preproduction process which comes right after the script process. That would make sense.

Anyway, here is the EXACT quote from Spielberg in the recent issue of STARLOG:

STARLOG: What's the latest on Indy 4?

SPIELBERG: "That is happening. We have a writer, but I am not officially allowed to announce the writer's name until the trades get it. I cannot wait to make this film. I think it's going to make all of us feel like kids again. To be able to get Harrison Ford, George Lucas and me back together again is a dream come true. I was just happy making three. It was Harrison who really wanted to make another Indiana Jones movie, and he was very tenacious whenever we were together about reminding me that there were wonderful stories we haven't told. So he lit the fire under both George and me, and that's why we are making it. It's thanks to him."

There u have it,
Kenny C

[Edited by Ken on 06-14-2002 at 03:11 AM]

Tequileros

So what Aaron said a long time ago, may come true... Indy 4 is really going to shoot this winter and next year. I still hope for a 2004 release.

I think those Lucas guys wants that we're going to be real archeologists and dig up the secrets ;).

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Tequileros said:
So what Aaron said a long time ago, may come true... Indy 4 is really going to shoot this winter and next year. I still hope for a 2004 release.

I think those Lucas guys wants that we're going to be real archeologists and dig up the secrets ;).
You remembered!:)

Johan

Lucas Film is smart to delay the film and have whispers of a 4rth. They are cashing in my friends...of games and memorabilia (ex...Kermit The Frog Indy)...you're only gonna see more and more stuff coming out...and suckers like you and myself are going to continue to buy into these products because we would go crazy if we didn't have these products...ah, well.

But hey! I'm not complaining...

Bring On The Merchendice!

Last edited: