Indy 4 Artifact

EvilDevo

what do you guys think indy will be searching for in the fourth movie? what else is there that (a) is mysterious (b) has some crazy yet semi-believeable power (c) has a bit of truth behind it? ive heard rumors about the shroud of turin and atlantis and stuff like that, but nothing really seems to strike me as something that would be really fitting for a jones flick. what do you think would be a good artifact? i think itd be kinda cool if indy found something non-christian (ark, grail) and the 4th movie didnt involve nazis. then we got 2 nazi/christain movies, and 2 other adventures that are totally different. i dont know... ive spent days trying to imagine what indys next adventure would be, but i cant think of anything. if youve got some prediction about indy 4, lemme know...
DEVO

DrJones56

IndyFan
Devin_149 said:
what do you guys think indy will be searching for in the fourth movie? what else is there that (a) is mysterious (b) has some crazy yet semi-believeable power (c) has a bit of truth behind it? ive heard rumors about the shroud of turin and atlantis and stuff like that, but nothing really seems to strike me as something that would be really fitting for a jones flick. what do you think would be a good artifact? i think itd be kinda cool if indy found something non-christian (ark, grail) and the 4th movie didnt involve nazis. then we got 2 nazi/christain movies, and 2 other adventures that are totally different. i dont know... ive spent days trying to imagine what indys next adventure would be, but i cant think of anything. if youve got some prediction about indy 4, lemme know...
DEVO

Uh, huh...... Nazis aren't in it, it's been said a million times. And the Ark wasn't nessaselarly (sp?) Chirstian, it was a Jewish artifact, so was the Grail, mesianic (sp?) that is. :p But there's no way to know now, all we can do is guess, and I have no clue what so ever.

bob

I do see the trend of Judeo-Christian objects continuing. Yet there is no obvious artiface left in the Bible outside of Genesis, and the using this would make the film fantasy.
Atlantis has been done and just doesnt have the aura of the Ark or the Grail and isnt an artifact anyway.

My opinion on good artifacts for Indy IV

- Philosophers Stone
- Spear of Destiny
- Some Artifact connected with Eden
- The Staff of Moses

vornoff

The Spear of Destiny is by far the coolest and most intruiging but...it was retrieved in 47 i think and put away in some museum .
And Indy can hardly go after an artifact that already has been found.

EvilDevo

spear of destiny?

hey, dont wanna sound like a moron, but i have no clue what the spear of destiny is... ive heard of it once, but that was off of the sequel to wolfenstein. hah hah. somebody fill me in please, thanks

bob

The Spear of Destiny is a Spear that supposedly pierced Jesus at the Crucifixtion.
It turned up under a French Cathedral at the time of the first Crusade (supposedly) where it was miracliously found by a Hermit Leading the Peoples Crusade.
It eventuelly found its way to Germany and was supposedly held by the Third Reich it mysteriously vanished at the end of WWII some say that it was taken by Patton or some such person and put away.

However there is no Mythology about it doing anything special, hmmm a Spear yes you can Pierce people with it and presumably hit people with it except that the wood would have rotted away so you would be left with a Standard Roman Spear head.....

Not good Indy fodder in my opinion.....
But the Best New Testemant object I can think of....

vornoff

Just a question , The Spear has it indeen been found ?
btw You can easely attribute the same powers of the Ark to the Spear...

The sword of Ghenghis Khan
The Death Sea scrolls
The Spear of destiny

These are my favorites.

bob

The Spear has vanished and its history is murky to say the least and most probably it is a fake.

- The Sword of Genghis Khan, hmmm I dont see this having any supernatural powers as Genghis was not really a warrior. The two best Swords I can think of are:
- Excalibar
- Achilles Sword which was later given to Alexander the Great

The Dead Sea Scrolls are not miraclious, but certainly evidence from one of them could put Indy off on a quest.
One of them is indeed a treasure map to the Gold that was plundered in Exodus.....

00Kevin

Indyfan
for the record, It's not called the spear of Destiny, that was the name of the comic book it was in, I beleive the spear is called the spear of longliness or something.

could be wrong

anywho, we have had rumers of Garden of Eden,

I remember old rumors were:

-atlantis
-noah's arc
-the re-occuring topics such as this one :)))
-fountain of youth

vornoff

The Dead Sea Scrolls are not miraclious, but certainly evidence from one of them could put Indy off on a quest.
One of them is indeed a treasure map to the Gold that was plundered in Exodus..... [/B][/QUOTE]

Really ?,thats facinating and by far the coolest thing i've heard so far.
You can easely make a story of that...throughout the movie Indy battles the villians over this map locating the buried 'treasure' which is ofcourse located in some tomb or temple surrounded by all sorts of boobytraps.

bob

Indiana Jones and the Lost Gold of Exodus?

The problem is with that storyline is that no one has heard of that and it is not an artifact as such. All of the films so far have been about Artifacts
Idol, Ark, Ashes, Shankara Stones, Cross of Coronardo, Grail.
So far the only two artifacts (i.e not Eden or Atlantis)that are credible artifacts for Indy to go after are:
- Spear Of Destiny
- Phiosophers Stone

jones

I think that no matter what the story ,i'm not saying i want a bad story though i want a good one , that people will go to see it because its indiana jones. not cuz the story. cause indy hasnt been out since 15 years wen indy 4 comes out.

S

Seawolf

Artifact

This may sound crazy what about Excalibur? Indy's dad was looking for the Grail and the sword gave King Arthur great power. It would continue the theme from the Last Crusade.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
I personally was thinking it might be cool to have the Library of Alexrandria.
One could have Russia/China after the scrolls from the library that give clues leading to other buried treasures (natural and man-made) that remain hidden around the world.

Iridium

The Spear of Destiny (also known as the Spear of St Longinus, and the Spear of St Mauritz) is thus named because who ever wields it can determine the fate of mankind. It's not lost, as it was returned to the Hofburg treasury in Vienna at the end of World War II.

jones

Yeh I like the Garden of Edan idea too. People are a lot more familiar with that too because apparently people have heard of that. The only thing i'm not sure about is what would happen if they found it? It's not like an artifact they can bring home...?

Jones_86

Indiana Jones and the Knowledge of Alexandria

any thoughts on the lost knowledge of the library at alexandria???

just my two cents...

OUT

jones

Do you think the script and stroy they're working on is anyhing we know? When I say "we know" i mean something we already read about on the net for an Indy4 story idea. I think this will be something that we weren't aware about yet and they're being very good at keeping it locked up to only about, probabaly 5 or 6 people!