Indy has a daughter?

Indy 007

i recently heard for the first time that indy had a daughter in the tv series, and she makes an appearence. who played her, and doesn anyone have any pics?

Whipper

I don't have the ability to do framecaptures, but perhaps somewhere along the line I'll look for the tape and see if I can get it done. She was in it so briefly, there wasn't a whole lot to go on, just a brief banter with "Dad." She seemed an average-looking, ordinary soccer-mom sort of gal, probably in her mid-30s or so. Redheaded, hair down to just past her shoulders, as I recall. Had two or three kids of her own. (Yeah, Indy's a grand-dad.) Way back when, on an Indy message board I used to hang out on, we talked about a prop picture seen in Indy's house of someone we presumed to be Indy's wife. And I recall someone saying it was a picture of George Lucas's mother!

dameain

If she is red headed, that could mean on that Shopiha Happgood is the mother, or it could be an anounmous redhead

Indyologist

I, for one, am delighted with the news from Karen Allen that Indy and Marion might possibly have had a child together. I know some of you here don't like the idea, but I hope beyond hope and Indy and Marion are or become married. I think they are an awesome couple! I think they'd fight sometimes (eh-- what married couple doesn't?), but they would love each other very, very much...

I wonder if they'll use the old "former girlfriend shows up and introduces their child to their ex-lover" gimmick? Hmm...

Rivers

Thats not what was really said. Karen Allen knows as much about Indy 4 as us, which is nothing. She was commenting on that old, old, old rumor that Natalie Portman wanted to play Indy's daughter. Which as far as I remember wasnt even a real rumored plot line for Indy 4, It was just Portman expressing intrest in wanting to be in an Indy movie.
As far as I'm concerned this is no news at all.

Junior Jones

But Indy does have a daughter, nevertheless.

In a few of the bookends to The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles "Old Indy" interacts with his daughter. I'm bad at guessing ages, but she was definitely not old enough to have been born before the 1950s.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
I doubt a Star War actor/actress would be used to do India...wait a second.:D;)

I do know that Luas has wanted to use Portman, but I all depends on the script. Ms. Allen doesn't know any more than what you all know...in fact I'll be she got her info from the internet. (maybe even TR.N!)

Ray Delark

It would be wonderful for Indiana Jones to have his kid(s?) in IV. I'm guessing that this will happen. Even if he does have any children, I would be fine if they aren't in it much. Then again, Jones with his own family seems to have a lot of fun potenial. I'll love it either way!

Cammy

It would be interesting to see how Indy reacts with a daughter in the 4th movie, although I hope it's better handled than it was in Superman Returns.

Indyologist

Violet Indy said:
There is. THe answer is I'm Indy's daughter!

Whoa! :eek: Nice to meet you, Ms. Jones! :) Ahh, wouldn't it be nice...

But still, I don't place total faith in this "news," nor any news about Indy 4, even coming from people who will actually be in it. It was reported widely even 2 weeks before the opening of LC that R. Phoenix was going to play Indy's son. I think that they are just yanking our collective chains as Indy fans, as usual. I wonder if they view it as some big joke to be messing with us like that. I don't exactly appreciate it, BTW, but they have their interests to protect.

Personally, I would rather nothing be said at all about the movie by its cast except when it will be released in theaters. Any other "information" is just nonsense. Maybe some people think playing "what if" regarding Indy 4 is fun, but it aggrevates the daylights out of me. "Just tell me when it's coming out, or shut up" is my view.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I just can't believe the Natalie Portman rumour to back to life again! I don't want Natalie Portman playing Indy's daughter! Maybe it's like River Phoenix and Natalie Portman ends up playing a younger Marion in a flashback at the beginning of the movie. But, I must say though, it does sound like Marion is coming back, and I'm glad someone's been listening to my Most Repetitive Post .

"BRING BACK MARION!!!"
"BRING BACK MARION!!!"
"BRING BACK MARION!!!"

Indyologist

Violet Indy said:
I just can't believe the Natalie Portman rumour to back to life again! I don't want Natalie Portman playing Indy's daughter! Maybe it's like River Phoenix and Natalie Portman ends up playing a younger Marion in a flashback at the beginning of the movie.

Heyyyyyy... I never thought of that! That would make perfect sense to me. But, of course, Marion was like 16 years old when she met Indy and I don't think Portman would pass for that age. Besides, that would mean a 28-year-old Indy would have to be cast as well. Maybe Sean Patrick Flannery will make a reprise?

Eh. It's a long shot.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Who said anything about involving Indy? Maybe her Dad has something to do with the artifact of Indy IV.... not as big a connection as to the Ark, but close.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
In the Darabont script, which will most likely never see the light of day, Indy met his daughter before he knows it her (and visa versa). After pouring on the charm, Marion shows up to introduce them.:eek:

Maybe it was a good thing that Frank's script remains unused. However, I did love the artifact they were going after. (Indy and daughter team up for the adventure)

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
temple of john said:
I love that scenario actually of Indy hitting on his own daughter.
Considering Anne Heche was 27 years younger than Ford in Six Days Seven Nights, it does sound like a recipe for incest.